Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ben3555

Bennewhouse

Are you refering to the white tubes? The white tubes are vents for carrying out the kitchen fumes. Not applicable to hdb flats. We can only use the recycling function not the ventilation function, so the contractor kept these aside for me. But, I don't remember my tubes being filled with charcoal or like material. They were empty. Usually the hood contains charcoal filter to absorb odours. Shouldn't the charcoal like material be inside the hood? :dunno:

Thanks Homeowner.. Found out those are the Charcoal Filter and managed to installed it...

Edited by Ben3555

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Have finally moved into my new house on 21 May... it was one hectic week of packing, moving, cleaning, more cleaning, touch-up, cleaning again... a non-stop cycle that keeps repeating itself...very siong... still outstanding are some minor rectrfication to be done, my TV feature wall to "unwrapped", a last minute decision to change the Main Gate, Install Blum Fitting for Kitchen and Plummet for Toilet light and the final washinh for the Kitchen/Showe/Toiley... till now, we have not fully unpack and the place is still in a mess.. hopefully can get things in order soon and will post some photo to share.. so more update to come...

argHZz... waiting for yr pictures ....

我等到花儿也谢了 。。。。

haha....T

Will come soon..let me settle down and re-build my strength first.... ID also waiting for me to unpack so he can take photo..hahaha...

wow..my last post was on 30 May.. :D time really flys and it is almost 1 month+ since i moved in.. to date, almost all touch up completed.. still short of lots of deco items but have no time to shop.. will need to get a carpet for living area, dress-up the dining table, show piece for the display cabinet etc.. meanwhile, some photo update...

Living Room... with different lighting effects.. have been lazing around here enjoying movies and family time.. that's why got no time to post :D ...

a.jpgb.jpgc.jpgd.jpg

Close up of the Feature Wall & TV Console, Shoe Cabinet... featuring my old LCD TV.. would love to trade it in for a newer model but sure to get :~:~ from wife...

e.jpgf.jpgg.jpg

Now for the Dining Room...

j.jpgh.jpgk.jpg

close up of the storage cum display cabinet..

l.jpgm.jpg

Cove Lighting at Dining area, Close up of the crystal dining light, especially like the different colour reflections..

n.jpgp.jpgq.jpg

That's it for tonight.. lazy bones are calling and have to hit the sack...will post photo of the kitchen, bedrooms etc tomorrow..

Hi all...Thanks for the nice comments.. credit goes to my id and his team of workers.. there are minor issues along the way but the comforting part is their responsiveness and willingness to resolve problems.. so it has been a relatively smooth journey...

Now to continue...

The passage way to the bedrooms...

dd.jpg

My small toilet and shower...

aa.jpgbb.jpgcc.jpg

moving on to te kitchen.. quite a small area so using the same glossy white laminate with orange coloured glass backsplash...pretty happy with the final outcome. As wife is not into baking, so no oven...save some $$..

Basin area with the wahser and dryer

ee.jpgff.jpg

The opposite side...

gg.jpghh.jpgii.jpg

A close up of the Rinnai hood and hob.. really effective.. cook fast due to the burner design and the hood is powerful enought to clear the cooking smell.. good buy...

jj.jpg

The main kitchen lights from Ikea.. Not ex and effective..very bright

mm.jpg

Another look of the kitchen..now with the bottom cabinet lights on..

kk.jpgll.jpg

Tomorrow will continue with the rest of the house..

Just curious...I always like the under light for kitchen's bottom cabinets but how do you change the light bulbs when they blow? Must you lie on the floor and change them? And with such lighting, your cabinet has to be wall mounted so can the cabinet hold the weight of your things, in term of durability?

ya, i also very curious...but sumobear, it's the same when we have top cabinet....

Hi Ben, I'm absolutely in LOVE with your white cabinet feature. Can you show me how it look like inside? very beautiful house (minus the pipe in the toilet):furious::jawdrop::bow: :bow:

what is the total damage so far?

ya, i also very curious...but sumobear, it's the same when we have top cabinet....

Hi Ben, I'm absolutely in LOVE with your white cabinet feature. Can you show me how it look like inside? very beautiful house (minus the pipe in the toilet):deal::D:P:)

what is the total damage so far?

Erm...but I think the bottom cabinet will hold more weight like utensils, electric appliances and there are activities going on like cooking and chopping. Ben, probably you can enlighten us with your personal experience of your new home.