Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ben3555

Bennewhouse

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

super NICE! :D

question: yr dryer how u ventilate it? coz i having problems with my dryer. currently, my deflector is face down so the hot air comes down but everytime my service area condense water coz too hot. so we thinking of buying the venting duct then everytime use dryer throw the venting duct out of the window (but worry not long enough).

Just curious...I always like the under light for kitchen's bottom cabinets but how do you change the light bulbs when they blow? Must you lie on the floor and change them? And with such lighting, your cabinet has to be wall mounted so can the cabinet hold the weight of your things, in term of durability?

Hi Sumo, the lights under the cabinet are just simple fluorescent tubes..yes..have to lie on the floor to change it if blown.. As for the suspended cabinets, not a problem.. able to take the weight..my daughters favourite position is to sit on top of the cabinet when taking to mummy in the kitchen.. so far so good.. the height is just nice and more than enough space to store all the kitchen utensils..

Edited by Ben3555

ya, i also very curious...but sumobear, it's the same when we have top cabinet....

Hi Ben, I'm absolutely in LOVE with your white cabinet feature. Can you show me how it look like inside? very beautiful house (minus the pipe in the toilet):notti::notti::help::)

what is the total damage so far?

Yellow, u refering to the kitchen, display/storage or feature wall/shoe cabinets? Actually, the interior are very simple..just shelfs.. I need lots of storage space as we do not have a storeroom.. reno cost excluding furnishing about $40k+...

I also have headache over the pipes..no choice but to wait for the MUP.. HDB is changing all the pipes in the toilet and shower..

Edited by Ben3555

super NICE! :)

question: yr dryer how u ventilate it? coz i having problems with my dryer. currently, my deflector is face down so the hot air comes down but everytime my service area condense water coz too hot. so we thinking of buying the venting duct then everytime use dryer throw the venting duct out of the window (but worry not long enough).

Linda.. there are two opening for the exhaust (on both side of the dryer).. As it is just beside the window, we connected the venting duct to the opening facing the window and point it outward everytime we use the dryer.. i think the venting duct can stretch for at least 2.5 to 3m..

Just heard that i will not be able to use my kitchen for 2 days.. The black kitchen floor tiles were stained quite badly during the reno. Kelvin arranged for 3 different groups of contractor to try and clean up the stain but to no effects. Finally, SBH, the tile supplier came to the rescue. A test was done last weekend on one of the tile and the special sealent managed to clean most of the stain. Now, they will be sending their workers down tomorrow to do a major clean up and to apply the special sealent.. will not be able to enter the kitchen for the next 2 days... holiday for my wife.. no cooking, washing...

Also got hit in the pocket one more time.. discovered that my upstair neighbour shower area is leaking and staining my ceiling.. under HDB policy, have to pay for half the repair bill.. :) ... at least $200.. painful..

Veri Nice leh. :bleah::notti::rofl:

Btw I noticed ur hse are mostly in white colour. :)

My place very small so need to use light colours.. carpentry all using glossy white laminates and the walls are whitebased..only selected area using earthtone colour.. lighter colours give a more spacious feel to the whole place..

some more photos to share....

Simple pebblewash at bedroom entrance...

1-4.jpg

My small bedroom... with close-up of the main bedroom light..

2-4.jpg3-4.jpg4-3.jpg5-3.jpg

Now on to the children's room.. both done up in the same design i.e, wardrobe, study table and lights.. using one as showcase... still messy and need tidying up..

looking in from the passage way..The wardrobe with spotlight on.. close-up of the teacoloured glass..

6-3.jpg7-3.jpg8-3.jpg

very nice wardrobe doors!

tks for the explanation for the venting duct. i never realised dryer need this. just thought dryer dryer lor, actually still need a lot of knowledge! :drunk:

The study area with pink curtain. Will have to get a new TV soon..close-up of the lights from Ikea chosen by the kids..

9-3.jpg10-3.jpg11-2.jpg

My reno jouney is almost to the end.. It was both enjoyable and fustrating at time but glad to say that the experience have been more positive than negative. Chosing a reliable ID is the first step and i am glad that i did not make a wrong choice. Shorlisted Kelvin from Gplan based on the recommendation from renotalk and he certainly is as recommended..

All the quoted works were done and more added at no extra cost.. My final bill is exactly as quoted.. no hidden cost.. the workers are generally responsible but timing can be improved.. ID Kelvin has again proven himself both in designing to meet my requirement, responsibility and commitment.. He is responsive to request and no pushing of responsibility when there are problems. Quick to response and settle problems.. and also his lobangs that help to save $$$$... :drunk:

Also thanks to all the advise and recommendation from all friends in renotalk.. :D

Have to start re-building the bank account and start looking for nice items to complete the overall deco and post the final result to share... meahwhile, will continue to spam others blog :D ..

The study area with pink curtain. Will have to get a new TV soon..close-up of the lights from Ikea chosen by the kids..

9-3.jpg10-3.jpg11-2.jpg

My reno jouney is almost to the end.. It was both enjoyable and fustrating at time but glad to say that the experience have been more positive than negative. Chosing a reliable ID is the first step and i am glad that i did not make a wrong choice. Shorlisted Kelvin from Gplan based on the recommendation from renotalk and he certainly is as recommended..

All the quoted works were done and more added at no extra cost.. My final bill is exactly as quoted.. no hidden cost.. the workers are generally responsible but timing can be improved.. ID Kelvin has again proven himself both in designing to meet my requirement, responsibility and commitment.. He is responsive to request and no pushing of responsibility when there are problems. Quick to response and settle problems.. and also his lobangs that help to save $$$$... :sport-smiley-004:

Also thanks to all the advise and recommendation from all friends in renotalk.. :)

Have to start re-building the bank account and start looking for nice items to complete the overall deco and post the final result to share... meahwhile, will continue to spam others blog :) ..

how's life in ur new home ??? .. i also want :) heheh .. ur hse really looks very nice lor .. but if i take white .. i tink mi house will be yellow in a mth :notti: hahah .. i tink Kelvin will agree mi super lazy one :P eheheheh ....