Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
TYM

Tingkat Dinner

i think i'm going to take up the trial for 10 days

$99 sounds reasonable for the menu

it works out to about $10.60 for every dinner, which is reasonable considering there's 3 dishes and 1 soup :dancingqueen:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guest our-home

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention: I asked for a copy of the week's menu to be put in the plastic bag with the tingkat dinner.

So every Monday, we can see what's going to be served for the rest of the week and kinda plan our lunch too - not eat same/similar dish in the afternoon.

About 98% of the time, the dishes are as stated on the menu. Depends on the availability of ingredients, I guess.

i think i'm going to take up the trial for 10 days

$99 sounds reasonable for the menu

it works out to about $10.60 for every dinner, which is reasonable considering there's 3 dishes and 1 soup !!

I just took up the trial started yesterday. The price stated is before GST for for 10 days is $105.93. Stated the trial is 3 dishes + 1 soup but after trial can switch to 4 dishes instead. Day 1 food not bad, but not suitable for kids. Need to call them to tell them no spicy stuff.

I suppose at the end of the day - if we order tinkat, we cannot be choosy over the food (save for special request not to serve some dishes). My main problem is that I have a hb who's choosy with food (eat only some types of veg, dont drink all types of soup, dont eat fish, etc). So usually, I am the one who finishes up most of it and leave him half full !!

they sent me a menu for the week that passed

all the dishes looks quite not bad for me

didn't see any beef dishes, they don't serve beef?

think the only problem i'll have is on days that i don't eat meat

but can ask them not to send during those days right?

think i'm a picky eater in a different way

i eat everything (except beef and game) as long as it taste nice !!

I suppose at the end of the day - if we order tinkat, we cannot be choosy over the food (save for special request not to serve some dishes). My main problem is that I have a hb who's choosy with food (eat only some types of veg, dont drink all types of soup, dont eat fish, etc). So usually, I am the one who finishes up most of it and leave him half full :dunno:

Agree. So far we never make any special request. Mayb can request them not to give us bittergourd. Cos when they cook bittergourd, both wifey and me dun eat, a bit wasted.

I suppose at the end of the day - if we order tinkat, we cannot be choosy over the food (save for special request not to serve some dishes). My main problem is that I have a hb who's choosy with food (eat only some types of veg, dont drink all types of soup, dont eat fish, etc). So usually, I am the one who finishes up most of it and leave him half full :P

Why is husband usually the picky one? Same for my case, my wife eats anything, I don't eat veg. Meat no matter how it's cook also can. But now got to learn to eat veg coz wife complain I not showing good example. So guess this tingkat thing may force me to eat (else nothing to eat liao.) :dribble:

Guest our-home
they sent me a menu for the week that passed

all the dishes looks quite not bad for me

didn't see any beef dishes, they don't serve beef?

think the only problem i'll have is on days that i don't eat meat

but can ask them not to send during those days right?

think i'm a picky eater in a different way

i eat everything (except beef and game) as long as it taste nice :P

Hi applefreak, I think they don't serve beef coz of Buddhists customers. But Best Catering (Neo Garden) is not halal, still serve pork.

We used to cater Mon-Fri (5-day), but changed to 4-days a week recently coz we got tired of the Wednesdays' meals. 5-day catering allows refund if you cancel certain day/s coz have a another dinner appt, but 4-day catering doesn't allow any refunds. Should be mentioned in their terms & conditions when you "sign-up". By the way, the refund is not the full amount, think it's $7 per day.

Also, we alternate between 4 dishes and 3 dishes + soup - my hubby gets bored.

Best Catering will change the 4-day/5-day requests wef the date your invoice starts. But for requests of certain food not preferred, just one day in advance is ok.

If we're going away on holiday, I call in advance to cancel or "stop my food" as the customer service staff call it. Then when we return, I start anew. That way no headaches of refunds or not.

I tried requesting for no liver, sea cucumber and mustard leaves vege, but the staff told me these dishes are rarely served and not convenient to omit for me. So no choice. But other than that, my request for no lady's fingers, bittergourd and brinjal can be substituted.

Why is husband usually the picky one? Same for my case, my wife eats anything, I don't eat veg. Meat no matter how it's cook also can. But now got to learn to eat veg coz wife complain I not showing good example. So guess this tingkat thing may force me to eat (else nothing to eat liao.) :rofl:

My hubby also doesn't like to eat the fish and vege, so my daughter always complains not fair she has to eat vege when daddy doesn't. I think last time his mother spoilt him - always cook what he likes to eat only. Now I must force him to learn to eat also, otherwise, I end up being a vegetarian - only one trying to finish the vege or else wasted.

We used to cater Mon-Fri (5-day), but changed to 4-days a week recently coz we got tired of the Wednesdays' meals. 5-day catering allows refund if you cancel certain day/s coz have a another dinner appt, but 4-day catering doesn't allow any refunds. Should be mentioned in their terms & conditions when you "sign-up". By the way, the refund is not the full amount, think it's $7 per day.

Yes, the refund is $7/day and you are entitle to 2 refunds every month only.

Just an update with Neo Gardens. Finished the trial and found not bad, so continued with them. The trial is 3 dish 1 soup, learned to just eat anything they serve, cannot be too choosy. My son likes the soup but feel better to go with 4 dishes. Only 1 bad experience, on the 2nd last day of the trial, just after we call to confirm we will be continuing, the food didn't turn up. Called them and found out that the driver was late (muz be very very very late) and we only got our food at 8.30pm. By then we already cook something else to eat. Called them to complain and they agreed to refund us for 1 day.

The food portion was quite good, and my wife was wondering is it becoz of trial give us bigger portion, but the 'normal' days after trial still about the same. And with 4 dishes, it is just nice. Most days we like the food and a couple of days so far where we wish we had something else. Overall so far so good, will continue till we get bored. But when I think about tabao food every night, don't think I will get bored with this arrange too soon.

Asked for no chilli so my son got more choices of food to eat. Also asked for microwave container so can save the washing up.

been looking around for tingkat too. trying my luck from neighbours tat cook but no avail :( those from neo garden still contains MSG :bangwall: which is not tood good for us as well as the kids. anyone know if its possible to find tingkat that claim to "have" no MSG?

cheers :seeya:

been looking around for tingkat too. trying my luck from neighbours tat cook but no avail :( those from neo garden still contains MSG :bangwall: which is not tood good for us as well as the kids. anyone know if its possible to find tingkat that claim to "have" no MSG?

cheers :seeya:

Oh is it? Neo Garden also contains MSG? We have been eating for abt 3 mths liao, but so far dun really feel thirsty after eating.

I kept a newspaper cutting from ST in 2006, some tingkat caterers featured with verdict from the article:

Tiffin Club

Te: 63233189

Verdict: Prices may be steep but the upside is that you get quality fare plus hearty servings

Select Catering

Te: 68523333

Verdict: Decent

Food Talks Cater & Manufacturers

Tel: 62463369

Verdict: So-so

Flavours 'n' Spics

Tel: 63346813

Verdict: Perankan cusine, makes the cut.

YLS Catering

Tel: 67451855

Verdict: Out of all the chinese sets, this seemed the healthiest

Neo Garden

Tel: 68967757

Verdict: All the dishes were more than satisfactory

Pls share your verdict if you have tried any of the above. Mayb time for a change.

Edited by TYM

No complains about the Neo Garden food but the delivery guy is late again today! Came at 7.15pm. Almost want to tell him to take back the food and I go tabao, coz on the box state to consume BEFORE 7pm. Give them one more chance, if repeat will tell them I will reject any delivery after 6.45pm. Actually delivery time suppose to be 4-6pm, so I think I have been very lenient. One more time late and this warning will be make clear to them.

No complains about the Neo Garden food but the delivery guy is late again today! Came at 7.15pm. Almost want to tell him to take back the food and I go tabao, coz on the box state to consume BEFORE 7pm. Give them one more chance, if repeat will tell them I will reject any delivery after 6.45pm. Actually delivery time suppose to be 4-6pm, so I think I have been very lenient. One more time late and this warning will be make clear to them.

So far mine never late, always come btw 5.30pm to 5.45pm.