Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
TYM

Tingkat Dinner

As per the title, anybody ordering this now or have tried in the past but now not anymore? What is the reason if you did not continue.

I am considering this option in the future cos even now (not married yet but my FW stay over at my place quite often), we are always thinking of where and what to eat for dinner after work.

There are also lot more options now and some of the menu are pretty good, claims for be nutritious, no msg and low in oil and salt. Prices are also very reasonable. Tot it would be good to have dinner ready when we got home as are both working, just heat it up and ready to eat. Over the weekends, we can then do some cooking of our own or go back to our parents place occasionally for dinner.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
As per the title, anybody ordering this now or have tried in the past but now not anymore? What is the reason if you did not continue.

I am considering this option in the future cos even now (not married yet but my FW stay over at my place quite often), we are always thinking of where and what to eat for dinner after work.

There are also lot more options now and some of the menu are pretty good, claims for be nutritious, no msg and low in oil and salt. Prices are also very reasonable. Tot it would be good to have dinner ready when we got home as are both working, just heat it up and ready to eat. Over the weekends, we can then do some cooking of our own or go back to our parents place occasionally for dinner.

Hi.

I'm staying with my sis now, and she is ordering tinkkat.

I should say that it is very convenient and the food sent are not bad. I don't nkow which cater she is ordering from, but i can find out from you.

Provided you must not be a food picker (bu tiao shi), coz for me i'm very particular about my food, i don't take veges or certain items, but for my sis, she did inform the caterer like no brinjors, no ladies finger, no seafood. The items sent are normally suiting her taste.

For working ppl, i think tingkat is very convinient. They do no repeat the food so often also, for example, we get to eat different food for 1 whole month, so don't have to worry bout eating repeated dishes.

Hope this help!

I think her price is reasonable, about $10 per meal if i'm not wrong. She ordered for 2 ppl portion but enough to feed 3 of us and baby.

i ordered from neogardens before, better known as best catering. Food is not too salty/oily so it's fine. But i am not a fussy eater, so all types of dishes (e.g. ladyfingers etc) that come with it, I will eat it.

Food comes at 5-6pm. Recommended for consumption by 7.30. So if you reach home late, may not be that "recommended".

Personally like the idea of tingkat. No need to think of what to eat, just make rice and heat up the dishes. then throw away the containers. Pretty fuss free.

i ordered from neogardens before, better known as best catering. Food is not too salty/oily so it's fine. But i am not a fussy eater, so all types of dishes (e.g. ladyfingers etc) that come with it, I will eat it.

Food comes at 5-6pm. Recommended for consumption by 7.30. So if you reach home late, may not be that "recommended".

Personally like the idea of tingkat. No need to think of what to eat, just make rice and heat up the dishes. then throw away the containers. Pretty fuss free.

Hi wendily & compassvale, tks for the reply, forgotten this thread liao, haha...

Heard of neogarden and seems like it is highly recommended.

But if we are not home by 5-6pm, how do they deliver the food?

They will either leave the food on your shoecase (if you have one outside) else they will hang the food at your gate.

Wah, not sure if people will take or mayb add "stuff".

Wah, not sure if people will take or mayb add "stuff".

ya that's the biggest worry for me. some neighbours or kids may not like you or envy you... no idea what some people can do... it can proves lethal!

ya that's the biggest worry for me. some neighbours or kids may not like you or envy you... no idea what some people can do... it can proves lethal!

So far ok, at least dun feel "giddy" after eating :dancingqueen:.

anyone know if these tingkat dinner adds in MSG?

We don't feel thirsty after eating, so assume ours do not add MSG.

We may be trying out Neo Garden's dinner service soon. MIL can no longer take care our boy for us, so got to leave him in childcare. Everyday tabao food a little sianz already.

Guest our-home
Hi wendily & compassvale, tks for the reply, forgotten this thread liao, haha...

Heard of neogarden and seems like it is highly recommended.

But if we are not home by 5-6pm, how do they deliver the food?

We've been catering from neogarden for over a year now. Compared with Select and some others we've tried, their menu is quite varied, each dish more "healthily" prepared, eg, less oily except for Wed meals, vege with mushrooms, etc and we assume there's no or very little msg (coz don't feel thirsty after that, as sarahkoh puts it). You can specify the dishes you do not want, eg. for us we don't eat lady's fingers, brinjal.

I leave a S-hook on my gate and the driver will just hang it there, knock twice on the door before he rushes off.

I'm not sure if they still have a trial period, that's what we did before we continued with their service. Most dinner delivery companies have this trial period for you to decide. I think neogarden has a website you can look into.

We've been catering from neogarden for over a year now. Compared with Select and some others we've tried, their menu is quite varied, each dish more "healthily" prepared, eg, less oily except for Wed meals, vege with mushrooms, etc and we assume there's no or very little msg (coz don't feel thirsty after that, as sarahkoh puts it). You can specify the dishes you do not want, eg. for us we don't eat lady's fingers, brinjal.

I leave a S-hook on my gate and the driver will just hang it there, knock twice on the door before he rushes off.

I'm not sure if they still have a trial period, that's what we did before we continued with their service. Most dinner delivery companies have this trial period for you to decide. I think neogarden has a website you can look into.

yes neogarden has trial period for a week. I ordered before for $50/week. Me & hubby liked it & will order when our love nest is ready nxt time. :dunno:

Neogarden has trial period i last checked last week - 2 weeks minimum. Check their website.

I ordered from Neogardens last year, and another provider this year - in comparison, neogarden's food (also known as best catering) has much larger portions. (2 person share can fill 3 people in my household).

And i like the option that they can put their food in microwave plastic containers - makes heating up the food alot faster.

Neogarden has trial period i last checked last week - 2 weeks minimum. Check their website.

I ordered from Neogardens last year, and another provider this year - in comparison, neogarden's food (also known as best catering) has much larger portions. (2 person share can fill 3 people in my household).

And i like the option that they can put their food in microwave plastic containers - makes heating up the food alot faster.

Ya, we always cannot finish the food, a bit wasteful.

Need to pay extra $10 for the microwave plastic containers, but worth it for the convenience. If not, got to wash the stainless steel container and hang it outside your unit, and if missing, you got to pay (stated in the T&C)

Ya, we always cannot finish the food, a bit wasteful.

Need to pay extra $10 for the microwave plastic containers, but worth it for the convenience. If not, got to wash the stainless steel container and hang it outside your unit, and if missing, you got to pay (stated in the T&C)

extra $10 every month ar?

i'm considering tingkat cos really no time no cook, everyday eat out also sian.