Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamracoon

Vacuuming Robots

Hey Bro.

would you be able to buy some new sets back (instead of recon set) ?

Which transformer went "POOF"? Your iRobot power supply or your step down transformer? If its yr iRobot power supply, was it a 110V or modified 110V or 240V?

Blur liao . . . . . :P

I was given the 240V powerpack. I was able to plug in to the wall socket directly (without additional transformer). :dancingqueen:

Can a third-party transformer function like the Fast-Charger ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I was given the 240V powerpack. I was able to plug in to the wall socket directly (without additional transformer). :bangwall:

Can a third-party transformer function like the Fast-Charger ?

Huh? What do you mean?

You bought from iRobot USA and they sent u a 240V powerpack? :bangwall:

Can u verify if yrs is an ORIGINAL 240V power supply by iRobot or a 110V model modified by seller to support local 240V operation? In any case, think i came across a switching power supply (was it Newstar or something) thats capable of supply 1.25A at 22Vdc. It should be compatible to the fast charger supply (i've not tried it out personally, caution here!). Its retailing for S$55 at SLT.

local(SGP) seller who had self-imported

Hey Bro.

would you be able to buy some new sets back (instead of recon set) ?

Blur liao . . . . . :thumbs up:

No...I mean I am selling what I am using now. I am not help to mass order anymore. I have a few (one for living room, 3 for bedrooms...).

Can u verify if yrs is an ORIGINAL 240V power supply by iRobot or a 110V model modified by seller to support local 240V operation? In any case, think i came across a switching power supply (was it Newstar or something) thats capable of supply 1.25A at 22Vdc. It should be compatible to the fast charger supply (i've not tried it out personally, caution here!). Its retailing for S$55 at SLT.

Take a look at this comment:

http://www.roombareview.com/chat/viewtopic.php?p=1357#1357

22Vdc at 1.25A would only give you around 28W. That guy recommends getting 70W UPS.

Good point there... but the Newstar i referred to is capable of > 1.25A at 22Vdc, just dont know what is the max current it can supply at 22VDc. As the switching power supply dont come cheap, perhaps getting back an original iRobot fast charger power supply is the best bet. Should be able to find some decently priced ones (used/old) on Ebay.

Take a look at this comment:

http://www.roombareview.com/chat/viewtopic.php?p=1357#1357

22Vdc at 1.25A would only give you around 28W. That guy recommends getting 70W UPS.

Actually mod the charger cost only $2 to $3, that is to buy the C1 capacitor, excluding transportation cost lah :unsure:..

1.) Roomba 47uf 400V or Scooba 100uf 400V

2.) Remove VR1 or RV1 varistor

3.) Line PCB fuse (I think can just leave it based on some research from the web)

Also thanks to the help from kohsw88, I just mod my scooba charger today, and I will test it out tonight and feedback the result here.

here are the links I found having useful info

http://gianmauro.wordpress.com/2006/12/29/...0v-to-220v-mod/

http://www.roombareview.com/chat/viewtopic...p;highlight=220

For Scooba

http://mysite.verizon.net/gsplews/26DCpwrSup.htm

Hi, I leave my mod charger to charge overnight and it works perfectly.

My fully charged scooba run for more than 1 hours to complete whole hse cleaning and battery still going strong.

Strongly recommend to mod the charger instead of using AC converter.

Me too have been using my roomba mod by bro koh for more than 1 month liao no problem or anything either....

highly recommendated to mod instead of buying the new star thingy ... i think its quite bulky the new star device.....

Bro Koh u going away again eh ?? hows your mum reno ???

P.s your clorex still with me leh .... how to pass to u ? and i also own u 2 kopi ..hehehe

Actually mod the charger cost only $2 to $3, that is to buy the C1 capacitor, excluding transportation cost lah :)..

1.) Roomba 47uf 400V or Scooba 100uf 400V

2.) Remove VR1 or RV1 varistor

3.) Line PCB fuse (I think can just leave it based on some research from the web)

I did my mod on friday. Only removed the varistor and changed the C1 capacitor. It runs well. ;)

It'll only take u 1 hour max to do the mod... but it's better than wasting $15 to $20 buying the transformer! C1 only costs $2 at SLT (B1-28).

I did my mod on friday. Only removed the varistor and changed the C1 capacitor. It runs well. !!

It'll only take u 1 hour max to do the mod... but it's better than wasting $15 to $20 buying the transformer! C1 only costs $2 at SLT (B1-28).

Congraluation! Now your robot can start to work for you. Cheers! !!

am planning to buy the scooba off amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/105-1...keywords=scooba

am confused to which one to get. the remanufactured one or not? dennyon can help me modify if i really get it? not sure whether 5800 or 5900...

Hi, 5900 is very old model, do not get it. Basically it is very noisy, plus it cannot run with plain water, must use their own cleaning solution for every cleaning. You will have big trouble after the cleaning solution run out as it is very EXPENSIVE!

When buying a scooba, there are several things to take note.

1.) Floor area (The water and battery of the scooba determine)

2.) Need supervision (It is not so smart, so u have to sub divide your floor area)

3.) Floor (Not advisable on laminate flooring)

Model 5800 -- Cover area 250sq ft

Model 350 -- Cover area 500 sq ft (I bought this)

Model 380 -- Cover area 850 sq ft