Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Any one got lobang for cheap main door? My one very obiang looking then I heard if change must buy fireproof one and it costs like $1300 or something.. So ex!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
is ur unit the 1st beside the stairs or lift..?? if not then no need to be ½hr fire rated...

there are 3 units to the left and right of the lift. i'm the one in the centre. the distance between the 3 main doors of the units are almost side by side as its something like point blk, no corridor unit one. so need anot har?

this pic is taken from the lift, my unit is the one u can see door open. there is one unit on the left and right of mine:

SP_A0096.jpg

If your existing door is fire rated door, then likely need to replace with fire rated door. But no harm to try apply and see if can change to non-fire rated door. ha ha

Don't mind me saying ..

To change it because it looks obiang seems a bit too extravagant.

Can't you like paint it to some other color or buy laminates to cover it up?

Anyway, for HDB regulation, only those units directly next to the lift/stairwell would need a fire-rated door for safety reasons, the rest normal doors will do (range from $450 to $600)

Edited by lawry

If your existing door is fire rated door, then likely need to replace with fire rated door. But no harm to try apply and see if can change to non-fire rated door. ha ha

i see i see. my ID says definitely is need to change to fire rated door. i too lazy and busy to go hdb apply. my reno, work and studies killing me liao. thought i will try my luck asking here if anyone knows. guess bo bian got to stick with it. tks for replyig!

Don't mind me saying ..

To change it because it looks obiang seems a bit too extravagant.

Can't you like paint it to some other color or buy laminates to cover it up?

Anyway, for HDB regulation, only those units directly next to the lift/stairwell would need a fire-rated door for safety reasons, the rest normal doors will do (range from $450 to $600)

ya, i know. my ID was just telling me not to be so particular abt it as the current one looks fine. just that i want those plain ones lor, looks nicer. guess maybe later ba. now already very over budget. currently mine is fire rated so from brainstorm, high change must change to fire rated ones also, i consider very near lift coz all the units almost same distance with the lift. tink i will give up the idea. but tmr will go bug my ID one more time. haha.. he's going nuts with all my siao ideas. :notti:

tks for replying!

hi....actually you can just go to hdb website and drop them an email they will assign the respective officer to check your building layout and advise accordingly. This is what i did for my plc luckily no need fire-rated door. True fire-rated door very ex but you need only half hour.

thanks lemontea, i have email them already. Waiting for their reply. Hope dun need fire rate door cos very exp and if one day they decided to change for us for free... i will be very heartache on my wallet. heee

thanks lemontea, i have email them already. Waiting for their reply. Hope dun need fire rate door cos very exp and if one day they decided to change for us for free... i will be very heartache on my wallet. heee

i was told as long as the staircase is directly beside you - no need firerateddoor.

no leh, the HDB call me up already and told me as long as my main door is more than 3m away from the staircase or lift. dun need to change to fire rated door. normal one can liao..

anyone know roughly how much it cost for a normal main door?

I have change my main dorr once by this company call Door Plus. Service is good and the boss is very friendly, and honest. Tel:6296 8801 or hp: 90224891 his name is James. No harm trying You may try calling, his doors is relatively newer and better price than others who i have check. Cheers

Edited by acivalent

no leh, the HDB call me up already and told me as long as my main door is more than 3m away from the staircase or lift. dun need to change to fire rated door. normal one can liao..

anyone know roughly how much it cost for a normal main door?

typo error, NOT directly beside.

my new 1.2m main door(huge) + door frame = $380 nia.

I have change my main dorr once by this company call Door Plus. Service is good and the boss is very friendly, and honest. Tel:6296 8801 or hp: 90224891 his name is James. No harm trying You may try calling, his doors is relatively newer and better price than others who i have check. Cheers

hahai also metg them ya very friendly and gives alot of advise and idea. Now waiting for their quote. My id quote me like 500 for veneer door isit ex???

typo error, NOT directly beside.

my new 1.2m main door(huge) + door frame = $380 nia.

Wow ya very cheap any contacts? What is the thickness mine is 42mm so they said more ex for bedroom is only 36mm.

hahai also metg them ya very friendly and gives alot of advise and idea. Now waiting for their quote. My id quote me like 500 for veneer door isit ex???

Wow ya very cheap any contacts? What is the thickness mine is 42mm so they said more ex for bedroom is only 36mm.

price also depends on how much stuffs you engage your contractor to do.

main door usually around $400-$650 cos thicker.

bedroom ones only $120-$200 can get liao.