Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PWS

Reconstruction of Inter Terrace

2 hours ago, snoozee said:

well, in URA website, it does say that a QP (either a PE or an architect) can do submissions for A&A works. assuming that the PE can submit to URA for your reconstruction with additional storey, how confident are you that the PE will know all the necessary building regulations to design your house according to the allowed guidelines? the building/renovation of a house is not just involving URA or BCA. there are other agencies involved as well like PUB, NEA, SCDF, LTA, NPARKS, IMDA.

I would suggest you speak to your PE to ask if they can do all the submissions to all agencies for you from approval of project to TOP/CSC. if your PE can and is willing do everything, then good for you to save on architect's cost.

honestly speaking from personal experience, having different consultants for different purpose will save you money and headache. if you are not well versed in all the technical requirements and such for buildings, then having the additional person (architect) to check/verify the requirements is better than just relying everything on the PE to do. remember that humans do make mistakes. and mistakes in construction can become costly.

I always thought that PE is a must in A&A/Reconstruction but architect is optional... I have the impression that PE is more technical incline than the architect.

Below is the scope of work from the PE, they will also check for me about the sewage line and whether RC trench is needed, etc. I presume it should cover all... but I am not sure. They do a lot of landed housing and I am quite confident they know what to do. So I am not so sure what is the role of the architect... and whether should spend additional money to get one. I just hope to find a good builder that can complete the job.

image.png.e82aef2a83889c98f77fd8140baa2b8d.png

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
1 hour ago, PWS said:

I always thought that PE is a must in A&A/Reconstruction but architect is optional... I have the impression that PE is more technical incline than the architect.

Below is the scope of work from the PE, they will also check for me about the sewage line and whether RC trench is needed, etc. I presume it should cover all... but I am not sure. They do a lot of landed housing and I am quite confident they know what to do. So I am not so sure what is the role of the architect... and whether should spend additional money to get one. I just hope to find a good builder that can complete the job.

image.png.e82aef2a83889c98f77fd8140baa2b8d.png

PE is a must as long as building structure is involved. Architect’s role is normally everything else apart from items which involve the structure. One of the important job the architect will do is to do up the tender specifications for builders to tender for and call the tender. Inside the tender specifications will also be specs for doors, windows, types of finishes, etc.

if you feel the PE is enough, then it’s your own call. 

SIP and DIP can be purchased by yourself from PUB/SLA actually. Some people buy it before signing the OTP so as to avoid building an RC trench. Depending on the depth of the sewer, the trench can cost a 6 figure sum to build. 

1 hour ago, snoozee said:

PE is a must as long as building structure is involved. Architect’s role is normally everything else apart from items which involve the structure. One of the important job the architect will do is to do up the tender specifications for builders to tender for and call the tender. Inside the tender specifications will also be specs for doors, windows, types of finishes, etc.

if you feel the PE is enough, then it’s your own call. 

SIP and DIP can be purchased by yourself from PUB/SLA actually. Some people buy it before signing the OTP so as to avoid building an RC trench. Depending on the depth of the sewer, the trench can cost a 6 figure sum to build. 

Noted, thanks a lot for the information.

By the way, will the SIP drawing indicate how deep is the sewer?

32 minutes ago, PWS said:

Noted, thanks a lot for the information.

By the way, will the SIP drawing indicate how deep is the sewer?

Yes. SIP will show the information. But you will need to know how to interpret the plan. If the sewer don’t run through your land then there’s no concerns at all

On 8/2/2019 at 12:50 AM, PWS said:

Recently bought a 2 storey Inter Terrace land 2040sqf, would like to do an extension on the back of 2nd Storey around 450sqf and add a 3rd storey around 1,000sqf.

Anyone idea how much cost would that be to build the structure up with plumbing and electricity.... excluding the flooring and internal finishing?

Any good builder to recommend?

My friend did a similar A&A project for an intermediate terrace. The quotations he received from contractor ranged from $500-$800K. The cost include structural, architectural and M&E works (moved in condition). This is excluding consultancy and authority submissions cost.  

3 hours ago, home05 said:

My friend did a similar A&A project for an intermediate terrace. The quotations he received from contractor ranged from $500-$800K. The cost include structural, architectural and M&E works (moved in condition). This is excluding consultancy and authority submissions cost.  

Thanks for the info... I think is about there. 

I just confirm with builder to recon my 2 storeys house (current GFA ard 1400sqft) to 3.5 storeys (estimate 3800sqft)….. if include another 1400sqft for car porch, balcony, roof terrace, etc... all together around 5200sqft. All these around 560K~580K exclude carpentry and fitting. I am not sure how good is this price but I presume should be around there.

17 hours ago, Chewie family said:

Hi PWS,

I am also looking to reconstructing my 2 Storey inter terrace.

Can share with me your builder. Thanks.

I can help with some full estimate on entire budget including consultant fees, construction cost, government fees, services connection fees (SP Services, Telecom, Fibre, etc), M&E. Please email your requirement & land size to threecubebuilders@ymail.com

On 9/18/2019 at 12:06 AM, PWS said:

I just confirm with builder to recon my 2 storeys house (current GFA ard 1400sqft) to 3.5 storeys (estimate 3800sqft)….. if include another 1400sqft for car porch, balcony, roof terrace, etc... all together around 5200sqft. All these around 560K~580K exclude carpentry and fitting. I am not sure how good is this price but I presume shou

I just confirm with builder to recon my 2 storeys house (current GFA ard 1400sqft) to 3.5 storeys (estimate 3800sqft)….. if include another 1400sqft for car porch, balcony, roof terrace, etc... all together around 5200sqft. All these around 560K~580K exclude carpentry and fitting. I am not sure how good is this price but I presume should be around there.

Hello PWS, I'm also looking to do A&a to add an attic to my 2storey corner T. Maybe some adjustment to stairway but not planning big work for current two storeys. Can you share your builder info too? 

ld be around there.

Hello PWS, I'm also looking to do A&a to add an attic to my 2storey corner T. Maybe some adjustment to stairway but not planning big work for current two storeys. Can you share your builder info too? 

Hi pws, can share the contact of your builder? After carpentry, fittings and submissions, what is the estimated cost? 

On 10/21/2019 at 7:39 PM, petetherock said:

I just finished the reno on my inter-terrace, used Charis - you can look for them... did a good job.

Hi, can I have your contact as I am also looking to add an attic. Many Thanks!

46 minutes ago, cow28 said:

Hi, can I have your contact as I am also looking to add an attic. Many Thanks!

Replied you..  BTW, it's not cheap and once you touch the roof, you will need permits and $$. At least the rain has stopped. All the best bro.