Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lovenest

Whole House Laminate

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi there ! me will be doing whole house laminate as FH likes the feeling. I think it should be okay just have to be careful with spills and such.

i believe someone else here also does this...

Hi all

i am doing whole house laminted flooring except dining room and kitchen (i know this sounds weird... but dining and kitchen are next to each other and seperated by sliding door u see)

i think it will make the house very "woody" and some people can accept, others cannot. Some prefer to have tiles and feel that whole house laminate is overkill. But if you see those angmoh magazines, actually it is quite common overseas.

Can go for resort theme, saw a house during house-viewing which did that but later removed it. The original tile still in good-condition lor. So if u do, after 5 years, remove still got tiles.

also depends on ur concept also. if ur theme is different and will look weird with whole house laminate, then maybe u need to use tiles. all this are preferences.

anyway, nowadays gt laminate flooring that look like tiles and tiles that look like wooden planks ! so many choices for u ! hehe

Hi all

i am doing whole house laminted flooring except dining room and kitchen (i know this sounds weird... but dining and kitchen are next to each other and seperated by sliding door u see)

i think it will make the house very "woody" and some people can accept, others cannot. Some prefer to have tiles and feel that whole house laminate is overkill. But if you see those angmoh magazines, actually it is quite common overseas.

i believe is the weather concern. Singapore is a humid country not like foreign countries. :bangwall:

My neighbour is going for the whole house laminate (except for kitchen and toilet of course).

It all depends on your preference and concept. There is no such thing as wrong or right. If you are comfortable with it... go for it :bangwall:

My whole house is laminated flooring (except kitchen and toilet :) ). Very light colour wood so don't have the heavy woody feeling. But when mopping have to make sure the mop is very dry...

My whole house is laminated flooring (except kitchen and toilet :) ). Very light colour wood so don't have the heavy woody feeling. But when mopping have to make sure the mop is very dry...

chew@PPLe, did u ever use the kao's Magiclean for ur house ? Is that still too wet fr laminate flooring ?

oh ! i read somewhere that the paper is static.. nt sure if wet or not though so dunno if counted as a mop.

somewhere in this forum somebody got termite problem with their laminate. now im scared.

but that can happen to any wood right....including parquet?

Some woods are termite resistant. Teak for one. If your parquet is good teak, nothing to worry about.

Other woods can be chemically treated to resist termite attack. You should ask your laminate maker what warranty they offer against termite attacks.