Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
liuhao

Where To Buy Chinese Antique Style Paintings?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
why dun you take the pix and go print out A3 size

if matt prints will look nice in a faux antique frame :)

that's a smart idea...

that's a smart idea...

then i just need to find and buy a chinese antique painting collection book, scan it in highest possible quality, then send to kodak printing service to print it in A3...

just an update: i tried to get painting collection books and also download photo of paintings from internet but in general very hard to find high resolution scan. i intent to print at 40cmx40cm size. however most scan i have is less than 640x480 resolution and also suffered from heavy jpeg compression. the size of pictures on the collection books are too small. i am sure when enlarge to A3 size, the quality loss will be very visible.

i found a shop in paragon called "images of china" selling the exact size of paintings i am looking for. it's close to what i am looking for but the paintings are too generic. some were hand paintings by artist with good quality but not the antique style. some were reproductions (print) from original antique paintings (they need to pay very high per-print royalty fee to the musum who owns these original paintings) but unfortunately they only choose those which look more "modern". the owner says these days people do not like too antique style. hehz...

i know hongkong or maybe china got more variations but just hope to get from local if possible.

just an update: i tried to get painting collection books and also download photo of paintings from internet but in general very hard to find high resolution scan. i intent to print at 40cmx40cm size. however most scan i have is less than 640x480 resolution and also suffered from heavy jpeg compression. the size of pictures on the collection books are too small. i am sure when enlarge to A3 size, the quality loss will be very visible.

i found a shop in paragon called "images of china" selling the exact size of paintings i am looking for. it's close to what i am looking for but the paintings are too generic. some were hand paintings by artist with good quality but not the antique style. some were reproductions (print) from original antique paintings (they need to pay very high per-print royalty fee to the musum who owns these original paintings) but unfortunately they only choose those which look more "modern". the owner says these days people do not like too antique style. hehz...

i know hongkong or maybe china got more variations but just hope to get from local if possible.

actually if you bring the book/pix to the shop and ask them to blow up can get better resolution. scan ourselves only when we have the necessary equipments :P

actually if you bring the book/pix to the shop and ask them to blow up can get better resolution. scan ourselves only when we have the necessary equipments :thumbs up:

tried couple of shops but owner said can not do that...got copyright one...haha...guess i went to the wrong shop

front.sg

Moni Art Gallery

this one seems selling customized clock...

Try the shops along chinatown. Went looking for paintings last weekend. Seems to have quite a variety of antique drawings.

There's a painting shop along south bridge road, i think quite near to smiths street. They selling oil paintings and those chinese water color paintings, dunno you can find what you want there.

There's also quite a few shops selling antique paintings, I saw some going for about $200, but unfortunately I can't remember the shop name. You'll have to try your luck. If I'm not wrong, it should be along pagoda street.

Cheers.

hi francaisco, that's great info. i have a feeling that i will find what i am looking for in the shops you mentioned, only matter of price. haha...thanks a lot. will make a trip as soon as possible.

hi francaisco, that's great info. i have a feeling that i will find what i am looking for in the shops you mentioned, only matter of price. haha...thanks a lot. will make a trip as soon as possible.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4014/13...00/IMG_0709.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4014/13...00/IMG_0711.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4014/13...00/IMG_0712.jpg

Interested in above pics? If yes, can contact me at 9487-4681

Edited by twinnie07

try tanglin shopping centre.

there's quite alot of chinese art galleries there. :sport-smiley-004: I personally frequent this art gallery called kwanhua.

thanks for the info.

just went to tanglin mall. majority are south east asian/bud style but came across a painting very close to what i am looking for at around $20-$30 in second floor i think. hehe...

will try to take a look at chinatown area and if not available, will go back to tanglin mall to get that one.

thanks for the info.

just went to tanglin mall. majority are south east asian/bud style but came across a painting very close to what i am looking for at around $20-$30 in second floor i think. hehe...

will try to take a look at chinatown area and if not available, will go back to tanglin mall to get that one.

ya there are many art shops in tanglin shopping center. quite amazing. most are original hand painting ones. quite expensive i must say but very good. i love there. thanks.