Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
liuhao

Where To Buy Chinese Antique Style Paintings?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi all,

i'm consolidating some of the infor for the benefit of all. some of these paintings at the shop are quite suitable for hm deco use.

obtain from the following forum:

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1191857140

1. PaintArt at Bras Basah Complex - Blk 231, #02-85 Bain St

http://www.paintart.com.sg

reasonable pricing for modern art, abstract. quite suitable for hm deco type.

2. Evershine Gallery - Blk 177, #01-136 Toa Payoh Central

3. Images of China - #04-49 Paragon

4. Carmelites Framing - #02-06 Bukit Timah Plaza

5. Lovely Deart - #02-16 Thomson Plaza

more of country style type. abit ex.

6. art mart gallery pte ltd

520 sims ave 1 #01-01

tel: 6744 0382

www.artmart.com.sg

mid high range pricing for modern art, abstract. quite suitable for hm deco type. they able to show you more if you ask.

7. Ode To Art @ Raffles City

http://www.odetoart.com/highlights.asp

never been there, but looks like not cheap

8. along #02 of bras basah, there are chinese paintings also.

9. straits commercial art (opp bras basah)

think they hv some chinese ink paintings also

10. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10457

11. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8602

12. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9833

13. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2199

14. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7303

15. http://www.sagg.com.sg/exhibitions.php

16. http://www.agas.org.sg/agas/members.html

can find many art gallery here for local and overseas artists. but dunno hw much the price of the art, think must enquire.

hope the above helps. and hope there are more ppl who will contribute to this thread on art pieces.

Edited by leen

hi all,

juz want to share this with you guz out there.

i was walking at chinatown when i saw this small store which sells painting.

the store is those pushcart temporary type except that its a small store located on the street juz infront of tbe buddha tooth relic temple.

next to this store is a store that sells hm deco lightings which have items from Thailand (i ever saw similar items at Thailand Suan Lum Night Mkt). the lightings are vy much like resort type.

and this small store has quite a few different type of buddha paintings which are quite nicely done and other abstract paintings of different sizes.

but as i didn't ask for the price, i don't know how much are the paintings. i guess shouldn't be too expensive.

maybe you guz who are interested to get some of these similar type of deco and go there and take a look.

hi all,

juz want to share this with you guz out there.

wah bro where you gone? thot you migrated man...

Just found another shop in chinatown today....will provide shop details when i get my works done.

The shop(sg owned) has a freelance ah pek from china, doing chinese calligraphy for customers - anything you want - for a price of cos. I found the price to be on the CHEAP side...else i wont be talking about it.

maybe they do paintings also? donno yet will ask.

alternatively contact this Master FU - from china.

if you have to pasar malams, you probably have seen his stall - all the oil canvas paintings.

that popular buddha face painting also.

Master FU - 91356231, just ask him where his new location is - or you call him to PAINT whatever you want.

Price - reasonable.

wah bro where you gone? thot you migrated man...

Just found another shop in chinatown today....will provide shop details when i get my works done.

The shop(sg owned) has a freelance ah pek from china, doing chinese calligraphy for customers - anything you want - for a price of cos. I found the price to be on the CHEAP side...else i wont be talking about it.

if you have to pasar malams, you probably have seen his stall - all the oil canvas paintings.

Master FU - 91356231, just ask him where his new location is - or you call him to PAINT whatever you want.

Price - reasonable.

busy with reno and shifting hse lor... juz recomended a forumer to read up your blog on $ saving tips leh... some other stupid forum ppl always suggest vy ex items... wondering if they are selling those items or not? and recommending those ex and not much use feature reno items which require extensive maintenance type of designs to newbies.

im a guo lai ren and also a practical and functional person so don't like $ & time wasting ideas. unless i can employ 5 maids to do hse maintenance and cleaning, if not, i will not want to hv those items to be a burden to me which will tired me out. and also many ppl never consider abt old folks and kids, so hse is not userfriendly to them, something like gd to look at (like designer showflat) but not user friendly. wat if we grow old, or kana accident when young (phui... touch wood) and may need to use what old folks uses and the hse hv to be userfriendly, eg. easy access to toilets, grip bars, etc. rite? of coz have to be cost effective, safe and functional.

i vy bad hor... always saying things so straight outright and maybe kana shoot by other ppl... but anyway, im your greatest fan leh.. once shift into new hse, i will try your cleaning method which i like alot leh. coz i face the same problm in cleaning my current hse also.

busy with reno and shifting hse lor... juz recomended a forumer to read up your blog on $ saving tips leh... some other stupid forum ppl always suggest vy ex items... wondering if they are selling those items or not? and recommending those ex and not much use feature reno items which require extensive maintenance type of designs to newbies.

im a guo lai ren and also a practical and functional person so don't like $ & time wasting ideas. unless i can employ 5 maids to do hse maintenance and cleaning, if not, i will not want to hv those items to be a burden to me which will tired me out. and also many ppl never consider abt old folks and kids, so hse is not userfriendly to them, something like gd to look at (like designer showflat) but not user friendly. wat if we grow old, or kana accident when young (phui... touch wood) and may need to use what old folks uses and the hse hv to be userfriendly, eg. easy access to toilets, grip bars, etc. rite? of coz have to be cost effective, safe and functional.

employ 5 maids? this part not very detail leh - not only must employ 5 maids but also must send them to professional cleaning companies for 6 mths' training!:sport-smiley-004: (with on the job attachement to hotels hor) :bangwall::lol::thumbs up:

i vy bad hor... always saying things so straight outright and maybe kana shoot by other ppl... but anyway, im your greatest fan leh.. once shift into new hse, i will try your cleaning method which i like alot leh. coz i face the same problm in cleaning my current hse also.

dont say like that, my hair standing....so paiseh leh.

hi MaCe my FS idol :notti: ... appreciate if u can advise me where is this shop huh? me nw actively looking for paintings leh...saw one buddha face painting at JB City Sq, really love it lot lot but almost RM700 after discount :sport-smiley-003: ...many many thks hor. btw me not hongkonger. :dancingqueen:

hi MaCe my FS idol :notti: ... appreciate if u can advise me where is this shop huh? me nw actively looking for paintings leh...saw one buddha face painting at JB City Sq, really love it lot lot but almost RM700 after discount !! ...many many thks hor. btw me not hongkonger. :bleah:

the buddhaface?

Price - reasonable.

i believe someone in this forum got it cheap from him.

yesterday was walking around Chinatown near the Buddha Relic Temple side and found a shop run by a China chinese. his shop is facing Maxwell Hawker Centre / Food Market. he hangs alot of vy vy big brushes (meant for Chinese paintings) outside his shop and so its vy easy to recognise his shop and plus he put a signboard stating that framing services available.

he has alot of cheap paintings from China, ranging from $20 to $400 depending on the size and type of paintings. Mostly that i saw are oil paintings. got china girls, landscape, Buddha (nowadays vy popular those types and he has many different patterns and sizes selling around $70) and abstract as well.

these paintings are not mounted onto the wooden frame yet. the paintings are very very cheap. $20 for abt a bit smaller than A4 size, $68 for abt A3 size and so on..

but the China boss (man) got attitute problm, like everybody owe him a living like that. keep saying that Singaporean will not open a shop on public holidays etc... only China ppl vy hardworking etc...

except for that, the paintings are worthwile to take a look.

yesterday was walking around Chinatown near the Buddha Relic Temple side and found a shop run by a China chinese. his shop is facing Maxwell Hawker Centre / Food Market. he hangs alot of vy vy big brushes (meant for Chinese paintings) outside his shop and so its vy easy to recognise his shop and plus he put a signboard stating that framing services available.

he has alot of cheap paintings from China, ranging from $20 to $400 depending on the size and type of paintings. Mostly that i saw are oil paintings. got china girls, landscape, Buddha (nowadays vy popular those types and he has many different patterns and sizes selling around $70) and abstract as well.

these paintings are not mounted onto the wooden frame yet. the paintings are very very cheap. $20 for abt a bit smaller than A4 size, $68 for abt A3 size and so on..

but the China boss (man) got attitute problm, like everybody owe him a living like that. keep saying that Singaporean will not open a shop on public holidays etc... only China ppl vy hardworking etc... except for that, the paintings are worthwile to take a look.

Tell him because Singaporean go shopping during public holidays, that's y he needs to open for business :P