Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

I also thking of having a dryer , I heard from other dryer waste a lot of electricity is it so .

I so worry if clothes hang inside cant be dry and have a smell

I hate the smell . The hanger HDB given, do you all think can hang a bedsheet heehee .

The outer hanger is so near to the window , still have to worry if my on "TOP" neighbours will drop any rubbish or spit down to dirty our clothes a not

Gals I just view thought HDB wedsite and find this : -

3-year restriction period on removal of toilets wall and floor tiles provided by HDB

The toilets in your flat come with wall and floor tiles. As the toilets are designed to be wet areas, a waterproofing membrane has been laid on the cement screed before laying the floor tiles. This is to prevent water from leaking through the ceiling of the flat immediately below your flat.

Hence,flat owners are not allowed to replace the toilet floor and wall tiles provided by HDB for a period of 3 years. Flat owners may however lay new toilet floor finishes over the existing floor finishes using adhesives.

Previously, this 3-year restriction period commenced from the date of key collection. From 1 April 2005, the 3-year restriction period will commence from the completion date of the block. This relaxation will allow flat owners greater flexibility to blend in their renovation works with the interior decor of their flats.

OMG mean we cant change the toilet or tiles ??

Edited by msbean

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
u do not hang the same clothes for a week ;)

of cos la, but also dun wan to stay home the whole day just to do a few shift of clothes drying ;)

I also thking of having a dryer , I heard from other dryer waste a lot of electricity is it so .

I hate the smell . The hanger HDB given, do you all think can hang a bedsheet heehee .

The outer hanger is so near to the window , still have to worry if my on "TOP" neighbours will drop any rubbish or spit down to dirty our clothes a not

3-year restriction period on removal of toilets wall and floor tiles provided by HDB

The toilets in your flat come with wall and floor tiles. As the toilets are designed to be wet areas, a waterproofing membrane has been laid on the cement screed before laying the floor tiles. This is to prevent water from leaking through the ceiling of the flat immediately below your flat.

Hence,flat owners are not allowed to replace the toilet floor and wall tiles provided by HDB for a period of 3 years. Flat owners may however lay new toilet floor finishes over the existing floor finishes using adhesives.

Previously, this 3-year restriction period commenced from the date of key collection. From 1 April 2005, the 3-year restriction period will commence from the completion date of the block. This relaxation will allow flat owners greater flexibility to blend in their renovation works with the interior decor of their flats.

OMG mean we cant change the toilet or tiles ??

That why considering the gas clothes dryer, cheaper to use

for the toilet and kitchen tiles, u can always overlay, which is much cheaper than replacing

the cost for drying 6kg dry weight of clothes:

electric dryer about $1.20.

gas dryer, abt $0.80 including both gas for the heat and electricity for turning the drum.

info from citigas showroom at somerset...

the cost for drying 6kg dry weight of clothes:

electric dryer about $1.20.

gas dryer, abt $0.80 including both gas for the heat and electricity for turning the drum.

info from citigas showroom at somerset...

Oh thx for the calcalation , thx u

Guess, i'm not that worry that my clothes can't be dry cos' mine is facing "west" sun ;) can leave it in living room.

O yes, earlier someone from our thread already posted the restriction of removal of tiles. But, guess you can opt to overlay the tiles. But, we are not doing that so can save $$$ (low renov budget ma) ;)

My frd<she and her hubby only > is having the same type of holders<one in the kitchen and outside the window> and she mentioned that it is not enough to hang the clothes for 2 persons.

If I wanna to re-locate the holder which is in the kitchen,where do u think I should put it.

i doubt have anymore space to re-locate the holder. I find that the metal holder is better to locate where it is as there's sunlight coming from the kitchen windows, therefore cloths will be dry faster that way.

not to mention that there's only 3 metal grilles. unless u wash clothes everyday, it wont be enough to hang dry a week's load :)

Yes your are right.

And I am those who wash cloths every weekend until full load.

But the 3 metal stick (outside the window) not enough.

So, need some bomboo stick and just hang it up.

I need at least 5 bamboo post.

For the retractable stick (inside the window), I intend to take it out and maybe see whether any wall to drill into it.

But then keep looking at the floor plan, seem that no wall for me to drill!:dunno:!

I also thought of buying a dryer, but then, space is the problem!:curse:

Yes your are right.

For the retractable stick (inside the window), I intend to take it out and maybe see whether any wall to drill into it.

But then keep looking at the floor plan, seem that no wall for me to drill!!!!

I also thought of buying a dryer, but then, space is the problem!!!

U're right ! I have been looking and drawing & drawing my kitchen cabinet to suit the holder. It's is a big headache. The contractor say needs to take it out and install another type of retractable holder from the celiling. BUT I have a low renovation budget so i cannot afford this.

U know there is a 2 in 1 washing machine cum dryer which cost $1000 + + + ,maybe it will solve your problem.

Yes your are right.

But then keep looking at the floor plan, seem that no wall for me to drill!!!!

I also thought of buying a dryer, but then, space is the problem!!!

U're right ! I have been looking and drawing & drawing my kitchen cabinet to suit the holder. It's is a big headache. The contractor say needs to take it out and install another type of retractable holder from the celiling. BUT I have a low renovation budget so i cannot afford this.

U know there is a 2 in 1 washing machine cum dryer which cost $1000 + + + ,maybe it will solve your problem.

Hi Cindy, you already found your contractor?

Already confirmed?

If you wont mind, how much he/she quote you?

usually washer-cum-dryer has quite low drying capacity like 3 kg only... if washing a 6 kg load, then have to split the load into two batches for drying.. !!

Edited by redbottle

usually washer-cum-dryer has quite low drying capacity like 3 kg only... if u washing a 6 kg load, then have to split the drying load into two batches... !!

nd if either function break down, will it affect the other? cant dry, cant wash !! dryer indeed increase my current electricity bill by $80 to 100 if you are heavy user...

So guys, I am sure you guys already have in mind who you want to do your house???

Me, stilling waiting for keys.........................

So guys, I am sure you guys already have in mind who you want to do your house???

Me, stilling waiting for keys.........................

Definitely not for me yet. will wait for keys then decide

anyone saw the "tanglin halt" thread? there's break-in....

Edited by nemofc

Hi Cindy, you already found your contractor?

Already confirmed?

If you wont mind, how much he/she quote you?

Nope ! Still early. Moreover, I am still designing my kitchen cabinet.

I will be looking for storeroom rack now and hope to get more JM neighbour to join in so that we might get discount for bulk purchase. Let me know if you know any good one.

I not sure if will be getting Dryer or not...coz have to then spend more money, and there's still the problem of space..

Think hanging clothes for us will be fine, few days lor hahaa..

Definitely not for me yet. will wait for keys then decide

anyone saw the "tanglin halt" thread? there's break-in....

If you get your key, then you will have 4 months to source for contractors, reno works takes up about 6 to 8 weeks...hope you have time.

For me, I have already talk to few ids and even have quotations.

Just to compare around and by talking to ids...we tend to learn bit by bit.....

Break in?

Ok will read now...

Nope ! Still early. Moreover, I am still designing my kitchen cabinet.

I will be looking for storeroom rack now and hope to get more JM neighbour to join in so that we might get discount for bulk purchase. Let me know if you know any good one.

So far have 1 or 2 shortlist.

PM me if you want the id name.