Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi, i need some advice..

I did a glass backsplash for my kitchen, but there is a join line, which i find it quite obvious. I complain to my ID about it but then was told that there is the max length is only 10ft, whereas for my kitchen, it requires 11ft, therefore have join line. Anyone knows whether its true? Cos i dont know about this stuff??

Can anyone help me?? TIA~!~! !!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ya ya cindy! yest nite was great! i hv tried their mee gorang, v nice n unique taste.. tat time they hv tis promo for the fish head dish only $6 or $8.. v nice n value for money! their zhao pai beancurd also v nice but not so value for money.. jus taste nice.. may feel a little over price thou.. mm.. a lot other dishes we tried also not bad.. quite tasty.. always fully packed.. gotta wait for seats/tables.. that coffee shop very wang also.. hahaha... during day time... there's this curry mix-veg rice stall next to this cze char.. very cheap also.. taste not really fantastic.. but nice for that kind of price loh.. our place really full of yummy treats ard leh... hahahahaa... dun forget the TBP 2 level got the lunch porridge buffet at $5.9 w/day n $6.9 w/end... super value for money n taste not bad also! hahaha...

WHAT! Fish head dish for only $6 or $8. I am so hungry now.

Yes, the coffeeshop is really wang. I have only tried the handmade noodle and kaya roti. Yummy! Yummy.

Dear Neighbours,

I finally found a pile of sand in my MBR. Its seems HDB is going to screed my floor soon. Hurray !

My main door kerb has completely disappeared when I visit the flat yesterday. As there is no light in my home, I will only u/l the photos on next week. I believe that I will visit the flat tmr. Do pm if u wanna to check out my main door kerb.

Cheers ,

Cindy

WHAT! Fish head dish for only $6 or $8. I am so hungry now.

Yes, the coffeeshop is really wang. I have only tried the handmade noodle and kaya roti. Yummy! Yummy.

Dear Neighbours,

I finally found a pile of sand in my MBR. Its seems HDB is going to screed my floor soon. Hurray !

My main door kerb has completely disappeared when I visit the flat yesterday. As there is no light in my home, I will only u/l the photos on next week. I believe that I will visit the flat tmr. Do pm if u wanna to check out my main door kerb.

Cheers ,

Cindy

Hi I'm your neighbour at 26D and will be starting our reno REALLLLLL soon.

But I have this question hor,

HOW MUCH U GUYS PAYING FOR HAULAGE???

Till now my ID still have to get back to me on this.. care to share?! Many thanks!!!

Hi, i need some advice..

I did a glass backsplash for my kitchen, but there is a join line, which i find it quite obvious. I complain to my ID about it but then was told that there is the max length is only 10ft, whereas for my kitchen, it requires 11ft, therefore have join line. Anyone knows whether its true? Cos i dont know about this stuff??

Can anyone help me?? TIA~!~! !!

hi pert! how's ur renov? i've heard of tis prob too.. but wat i heard was not abt the max glass length.. wat i heard was.. the long glass can't fit into the lift n therefore problem with delivering up to the home.. n thus end up in 2 pieces so y there's the joining gap.. but i hv seen v good workmanship with the joining very nicely done.. thin n neat.. but no matter how good is the workmanship.... how thin the joining to be.. sure it is still obvious de... can't b help.. erm.. but may b after u moved in.. your kitchen stuffs may eventually hide the joining liao.. !!

hi pert! how's ur renov? i've heard of tis prob too.. but wat i heard was not abt the max glass length.. wat i heard was.. the long glass can't fit into the lift n therefore problem with delivering up to the home.. n thus end up in 2 pieces so y there's the joining gap.. but i hv seen v good workmanship with the joining very nicely done.. thin n neat.. but no matter how good is the workmanship.... how thin the joining to be.. sure it is still obvious de... can't b help.. erm.. but may b after u moved in.. your kitchen stuffs may eventually hide the joining liao.. !!

Hi Xlan,

My flat going to complete soon.. but i am still not fully satisfied yet. So maybe before handover, will have some minor changes ba.. Now too busy.. SO not around, me alone cant do much too. Yup, thats what my ID told me in the first place, but then after that, he said that there is a max length. but since its common, then no choice lo.. i have no time to u/l the pics yet.. prob in early Dec ba.. by then maybe can let u all see..

!!

Hi, i need some advice..

Can anyone help me?? TIA~!~! :lol:

sorry, what is glass backsplash? do you mean the solid surface top on your kitcheN?

anyone heard of hBay tour? http://www.hbay.com.sg/

anyone have attended? HEard that the tours are free and able to see different houses done by some IDs, visit tiles factory etc.

Edited by nemofc

Till now my ID still have to get back to me on this.. care to share?! Many thanks!:lol:

hiya, you can call the number at the lift lobby. i called and was told for 4 room, it's $1000. if getting HDB to do free screeding for some parts of the flat, the cost will be lower. for mine, i don't need sand for my kitchen and bedrooms, so it cost $600.

Till now my ID still have to get back to me on this.. care to share?! Many thanks!:lol:

Congrat!

My ID did not charge me leh cause I think it is because I am doing laminated flooring for the whole flat.

Must buy more cakes for them on this weekend. :good:

my colleagues went.. ended with two out of four signed up with the contractors @ HBAY...

Quite useful i heard.. they will recommend you the materials, tiles etc...

oh, they renovating their current flats not JM ppl! :lol:

how's the package ?

btw, "Ah Orh" also very nice!! Over at SinMing road, also have one but i guess they moved over to AMK. They are families related one...

btw, any change in your hdb webpage?

how's the progress of your blk? soon will be your turn... i'm collecting end dec anyway... cos' we delay it else, already in progess ...

Nemofc,

I went in to my homepage to check everyday and it's still the same. "Probable completion Q4 of 2007". I just went over to the site to take a look at my block. Notice some of the windows are open. Does that mean the contractors have not hand over to HDB for checking? Really wonder how long it's gonna take before i can collect my keys. :dribble: