Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Today morning was at blk25a....in the lift, saw the colour a4 size paper saying showflat at blk26d #24...wow, using colour painter!

Too bad, pple wrote nasty things like free s..., free air con...., on it.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hmm.. my ID is Robin..a very experienced one.. But hor, you have to get use to his attitude in working. he is not like those young ID who will draw out schedule for you, then report to you.. he is those who will working according to his pace but at the same time make sure that its still within the schedule..

But he did give us a reasonable price.. =) (that was quoted by someone who went to see our flat.. but we still think its quite ex la.. :(

orhh... the ID i was told is *Mxxxx*

hi elaine! my reno still in the tile stage..

hahah lift breakdown is not a problem la, we got 3 lifts, if 1-2 lifts breakdown is still ok. :(

talking about lift breakdown. i was at blk 26D last sat. one of the lift broke down while me and my SO were inside. panic. :unsure: luckily it sort of "self recover" after a couple of minutes and slide slowly to the nearest level and thank god the door opened. :( quickly went out and took the other lift.

talking about lift breakdown. i was at blk 26D last sat. one of the lift broke down while me and my SO were inside. panic. :help: luckily it sort of "self recover" after a couple of minutes and slide slowly to the nearest level and thank god the door opened. :bow: quickly went out and took the other lift.

Err...what is SO?

Err...what is SO?

SO = Significant Other aka Husband/Wife/BF/GF

orhh... the ID i was told is *Mxxxx*

Mike Koh?

hmm.. my ID is Robin..a very experienced one.. But hor, you have to get use to his attitude in working. he is not like those young ID who will draw out schedule for you, then report to you.. he is those who will working according to his pace but at the same time make sure that its still within the schedule..

But he did give us a reasonable price.. =) (that was quoted by someone who went to see our flat.. but we still think its quite ex la.. :help:

Robin's pricing is cheap... He was trying to match my budget & gave lotsa freebies. However, my wife & I felt that he's more concerned about money than design...

Hope he gave you good design ideas :bow:

we also think so. but HDB said that they can extend the loan on CASE by CASE basis

yang guo, i notice under ur signature, u paying 60% already ?! so fast ar???

u got 3 lift..i only got 2 lift i think..i cant remember hw many lift my block has liao.. :help:

hws baroque service? okay or nt?

hi elaine,

mine is 10%/50%/30%/10%

50% is upon start work.. they have started work already, so i have paid total 60% already..

my next payment of 30% is upon start work of carpentry :bow:

alot of pple's payment term are 10/40/40/10 - this is quite standard practice. Some are 10/50/30/10, can be negotiable i guess

so far mine is quite on time, they work according to schedule given to me, quite accurate..went up to my flat at 615pm just now, they are still working inside. tmr meeting my ID to decide the number of electrical points

ya, some ID in Baroque has cheap quote, some exp..

my colleague went to Baroque also, was attended by another ID, was quoted at quite high price

i guess different ID charge differently ba :deal:

Edited by Yang Guo

jasch, hw much ur ID / renovation contractor quoted u for hacking and installing a fixed glass panel?

can share the price here? thanks alot!

Sorry Elaine.. my ID didnt quote me teh fixed panel at all leh.. cos we gave up the idea even b4 we got a quote for it...

Hi Jasch,

U mentioned the other side of the wall of bedroom 2 facing the bomb shelter cannot b hack. Are you referring to the wall dividing the BR 2 and MBR? Or are you referring to the BR 3 wall facing the bombshelter? Cos i am planning to hack the wall dividing the BR 2 and MBR. And the floor plan did not show any beam.

Dorcas pai seh tink i mixed up on the room le.. :bow: wat i meant is the BR 3 wall facing the bomb shelter cannot be hacked... we are also hacking the wall dividing the BR 2 and MBR to make the master bedroom bigger... but BR 3 will only have cupboard inside lar.. hehe :help:

Yeah! I'm going to collect my keys this Friday morning! And my fengshui master will be coming to our flat on Sunday.

Check with you all, how long did your key collection appt take? Cos my appt is at 8.10am on Friday, and I'm not taking any leave from work, and my official start time is 9.30am. not sure if can make it not.

my wall hacking (wall connecting living rm and bedrm 3) commence next Monday.

Hacking fee - $400

Wooden bi-fold door (8 ft long, likely 4-fold) - $2800

PE engagement fee - $500 to $1k, not sure yet... (hvnt paid)

hi to all, i just got my keys to 26C as well! :bow:

can i join your gang?

:help:

have checked the flat, dun see any defects except the following:

1. main gate alignment abit out, have to push harder then it will click shut. unlock using keys also abit hard to turn since it's scraping

2. my main door has no magnetic stopper like room doors issit normal? how else to keep it open, with door stopper?

if the above are 'normal' i will prob not report defects list and start reno ASAP!

hi to all, i just got my keys to 26C as well! :good:

can i join your gang?

:help:

have checked the flat, dun see any defects except the following:

1. main gate alignment abit out, have to push harder then it will click shut. unlock using keys also abit hard to turn since it's scraping

2. my main door has no magnetic stopper like room doors issit normal? how else to keep it open, with door stopper?

if the above are 'normal' i will prob not report defects list and start reno ASAP!

helo garbagex,

i guess its normal coz i have the same issues... din't probe any further... good luck to ur reno :dunno:

Yeah! I'm going to collect my keys this Friday morning! And my fengshui master will be coming to our flat on Sunday.

Check with you all, how long did your key collection appt take? Cos my appt is at 8.10am on Friday, and I'm not taking any leave from work, and my official start time is 9.30am. not sure if can make it not.

Hi Zlia,

key collection takes estimate abt 1hour

Hi all,

I've collected my keys too! Blk 27A.

Nice to meet all of you :good:

yo :dunno: i'm from blk 27A too. wanna share your unit with us?

Mike Koh?

Robin's pricing is cheap... He was trying to match my budget & gave lotsa freebies. However, my wife & I felt that he's more concerned about money than design...

not sure lei, my friend just text me "miko" & said workmanship is not good. :help:

Yang guo, so far your renov work ok? still on time?

Edited by nemofc