Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

not considering my ID (G'Plan - Kenny) or U-Home?

o yes, that's my first meeting only... haven't contact uHOme/ Gplan yet. We opt out the retractable hanging first and see how the design & quote will be. cos' haven't really conclude the kitchen design yet. headache....

Went to IFC just now, many things to see (maybe only for us as we din't really go ard searching for furniture).

we went to IFC too, but rather felt nothing much to see (although 3 storeys). we looking for teak sofa actually, and Natural living don't do cater custom-made. Anyone can recommend teak custom-made sofa here?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Anybody in Blk 27A unit 140 and 142?

I've been thinking, everytime i visit the unit... due to the design of the block, these units are in the dfark alley...it's so dark even during day time.

I'm thinking of writing to request for the corridor lighting to be turned on even during day time..

any suggestions?

Sure, but no one is working today.. The door is locked!:yamseng:

I just went yesterday, the tiling is completed, but my hubby and I not happy with the tiling job, we feel that the edges are not sealed properly, can feel some edges.. Can anyone advise me for homo tiles how do we determind that the tiling job is good or bad? Cos if i compare against the marble tiling of my own home, it is a big difference.. Anyway, i feedback to my ID already, he say he will go and check.. :notti:

me and my SO were at JM yesterday too. drop by your unit but there was no one at home. ;) it was a last minute decision to drop by anyway. maybe next time we will drop by again. :good:

Hello all.. collected my keys ler.. din't know it is so tiring, as we went to our house after collection...

One thing, our kitchen is very dark and gloomy..sigh, seems like the sunlight can't seep through at all.. that's one bad thing about our unit there.. anyone has this problem? (Unit 138?)

Went to IFC just now, many things to see (maybe only for us as we din't really go ard searching for furniture).

Yup, same here. Its really a headache to dry our clothes out there with no sun and probably no wind at all. Totally blocked!:notti::yamseng:

just came back, saw nothing today... :notti:

i think they have not polished the tiles... otherwise, it'll be smooth

Maybe next sat, if u wanna see, we normally will go on Sat and in the afternoon ard 3-4pm..

I just uploaded my blog with some pics, can go there see in the meanwhile..

Nemofc, i using glossy homo tiles.. Dun have any experience with homo tiles, selected based on preference.. :yamseng:

Anybody here have problems with the switches? The plastic cover cannot close and open fully for these switches, can request to rectify?? The previous problems rectified already, but still got 1 switch faulty, then we found the plastic covers spolit..

f_DSC00892m_2dd9d4d.jpg

Hi,

I've been thinking, everytime i visit the unit... due to the design of the block, these units are in the dfark alley...it's so dark even during day time.

I'm thinking of writing to request for the corridor lighting to be turned on even during day time..

any suggestions?

Share the same sentiment too... I'm in Blk 26C and the lift lobby is dark even during day time. Also thkg of writing to town council to turn on the lights, probably will do that when we're going to move in soon

Hello all.. collected my keys ler.. din't know it is so tiring, as we went to our house after collection...

One thing, our kitchen is very dark and gloomy..sigh, seems like the sunlight can't seep through at all.. that's one bad thing about our unit there.. anyone has this problem? (Unit 138?)

Hi saeran... Yes!:unsure: my unit also 138... the kitchen and the common toilet very very dark!:good: thats the thing we feel too good abt our house too... :unsure:

went to IFC on sat too... tink nothing much leh.. maybe i expect too much le ba.. 8|

Btw did any of your heard of waterproof fabric for sofa ?

Hi guys

I have a question to ask abt HPS ( Home Protection Scheme). Sori har early in the morning ask silly question.

We have to purchase HPS on the day we collect our keys is it (as well as Fire Insurance policy)? Or we alrdy bought a HPS on the day we first signed the lease agreeement?

Please advise me hor, tk u.

hi jj2,

yes, we need to purchase hps and fire insurance together on the day of key collection

Hi Yang Guo

Thanks for your info, hehehehehe.....

Hi,

any suggestions?

:unsure: i'm one but didn't notice whether any corridor lighting there or not. But it was bright actually so no need any lighting at all during day time. We haven't gotten our keys yet.

you also, same blk same unit?

Nemofc, i using glossy homo tiles.. Dun have any experience with homo tiles, selected based on preference.. :unsure:

f_DSC00892m_2dd9d4d.jpg

Glossy homo tiles... we also dun hv any knowledge on the tiles... but understand that matt tiles is better for elderly staying in the house as it will be non-slip

Maybe next sat, if u wanna see, we normally will go on Sat and in the afternoon ard 3-4pm..

I just uploaded my blog with some pics, can go there see in the meanwhile..

Nemofc, i using glossy homo tiles.. Dun have any experience with homo tiles, selected based on preference.. :thumbs up:

Anybody here have problems with the switches? The plastic cover cannot close and open fully for these switches, can request to rectify?? The previous problems rectified already, but still got 1 switch faulty, then we found the plastic covers spolit..

f_DSC00892m_2dd9d4d.jpg

Yeah I think matt tiles is good if have elders people. No slippery. But dont know whether good to mop or not.

Glossy abit slippery, dont know whether will have patches if did not mop for 1 week. Need regular mopping for glossy tiles?

BINZZ, can view your unit once your carpentry is up? Or this sat 3-4pm?

Plastic cover spolit should report it. Ask them to change a new one.

Edited by h4happy

Yeah I think matt tiles is good if have elders people. No slippery. But dont know whether good to mop or not.

Glossy abit slippery, dont know whether will have patches if did not mop for 1 week. Need regular mopping for glossy tiles?

BINZZ, can view your unit once your carpentry is up? Or this sat 3-4pm?

Plastic cover spolit should report it. Ask them to change a new one.

Ok, will notify them.. Thanks..

Happy, my carpentry will be up only end of the month, this week will be electrical works, false ceiling and aircon..

By the way, some updates on the tiling workmanship, I guess we are too fussy and compare our homogenous tiling against marble tiling.. haiz.. Cos my brother went up and check for me, he say its ok..

My ID went up and check also, he told me some portion need to just feel up the grout lines and other than that he find the workmanship good enuf..

:thumbs up: i'm one but didn't notice whether any corridor lighting there or not. But it was bright actually so no need any lighting at all during day time. We haven't gotten our keys yet.

Only those living at the lower floors are facing this problem as the natural light is "self-blocked" by the higher floors inherent in the design of the building. Those living in the higher floors generally do not face this problem as there there are lesser "self-obstruction" as you go higher up.

Been wondering what I can do on my part to brighten up the place ever since I recieved the keys.

Edited by nitehwk

Only those living at the lower floors are facing this problem as the natural light is "self-blocked" by the higher floors inherent in the design of the building. Those living in the higher floors generally do not face this problem as there there are lesser "self-obstruction" as you go higher up.

Been wondering what I can do on my part to brighten up the place ever since I recieved the keys.

I went up 2nd floor of block 25A, the whole house is well-lit and bright...

we saw the a van selling curtains, are their curtains cheaper?

my bf saw the flat for the 1st time last wkd haha he was like :thumbs up: the bedrooms 2 and 3 are smaller than his hostel room.