Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Thanks Xlan, What a long wait !

Hi Bee joy, You can try Sungei Kadut area where they are quite a number of furniture warehouses.

But please do not to go to Red Axxple to buy furnitures.

Hi Happy,

Sure ! That photo is for you. Monkeybone is a cartoon character from a comic/movie in 2002 which I find it very funny. Moreover, pp used to call me 瘦皮猴 in the past. Now, I am auntie size le. :good:

Hi Cindy,...

Any reason of why Red Axple is not a good place to buy furnitures?.

wanna share your experience?. or others' experience?.

Saw Red Axple in IMM,.. dunno whether they are of the same mgmt.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

oh ya.. sungei kadut.. is it the International Furniture Center ah? always wanted to check out that place.. but cos real FAR n uh-loo... mm.. till now still hvn't go there yet.. but i found the site for the IFC.. oh wah.. this weekend jus nice they're grand opening leh! haha.. http://www.ifcsingapore.com/images/ad.jpg

gadgetgal.. is the same thing same shop.. there are many bad reviews on them.. jus do a search in forum (either in renotalk or sgbrides) and u'd find quite a few threads giving bad reviews on them

Edited by xlan

oh ya.. sungei kadut.. is it the International Furniture Center ah? always wanted to check out that place.. but cos real FAR n uh-loo... mm.. till now still hvn't go there yet.. but i found the site for the IFC..

gadgetgal.. is the same thing same shop.. there are many bad reviews on them.. jus do a search in forum (either in renotalk or sgbrides) and u'd find quite a few threads giving bad reviews on them

Sungei Kadut if no own transport, DUN GO!:good: Last sat, I went with my hubby, we took cab to Sungei Kadut, very ulu.. Go there, want to go and choose our bedframe, but we forgot to bring the invoice and address, then walk and walk.. Want to go to other shops, but like machiam we 2 pple only! Then we dun dare go in.. So end up we went there and see nothing, then want to find a cab to come out, got NONE!!! Have to walk all the way to a residential area takes 25 mins... Faint!:rolleyes:

Sungei Kadut if no own transport, DUN GO!!! Last sat, I went with my hubby, we took cab to Sungei Kadut, very ulu.. Go there, want to go and choose our bedframe, but we forgot to bring the invoice and address, then walk and walk.. Want to go to other shops, but like machiam we 2 pple only! Then we dun dare go in.. So end up we went there and see nothing, then want to find a cab to come out, got NONE!:rolleyes: Have to walk all the way to a residential area takes 25 mins... Faint!!!

oh! the IFC is opening this weekend.. hv free shuttle service frm yew tee mrt!! :good:

oh! the IFC is opening this weekend.. hv free shuttle service frm yew tee mrt!! :good:

Really.. !! Ok ok.. Will go again.. This time to 'shun bian' choose my bedframe.. hehe.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info xlan.. !!

I took a taxi from Bukit Merah. Cost about $15 - $16 per trip.

To make a plan before you reach there cause you would not want to wonder around in this ulu place. To take note the list of furniture store that you would want to visit and prepare a map ( From street directory internet )

IFC is not fully renovated yet when I was there on Wednesday.

However, I managed to purchased 2 TV consoles, foyer table, bed frames(special order), table, 1 bench, 2 chairs, 1 small bookcase cum display table + 2 accessories for below $2200 from a bailnese style furniture store.

Under 0% installement plan and after 10% discount for year end sale.

Dun go to Green (leng Kee) one.

Been to there once and the sales ppl like dun wan to entertain you like tat. Intro stuff chop chop, like gonna to chase u off. Dun feel good to go to the show rm.

*The above is juz my comments. Juz a warning lah coz i was shock when i go there. never expect this type of attitude :good:

any 5-rm owner would like to share how their aircon piping/trunking goes?. and whether you have done the aircon installation?.

probably 4-rm owner may also share their trunking's drawing and installation experience?.

wow.. monkeybone got a great deal!:P hehe.. tis weekend is the IFC grand opening.. hopefully is more fully renovated liao..

jazznpop.. thanks for sharing ur experience! i'll strike off the place frm my itinerary

I took a taxi from Bukit Merah. Cost about $15 - $16 per trip.

To make a plan before you reach there cause you would not want to wonder around in this ulu place. To take note the list of furniture store that you would want to visit and prepare a map ( From street directory internet )

IFC is not fully renovated yet when I was there on Wednesday.

However, I managed to purchased 2 TV consoles, foyer table, bed frames(special order), table, 1 bench, 2 chairs, 1 small bookcase cum display table + 2 accessories for below $2200 from a bailnese style furniture store.

Under 0% installement plan and after 10% discount for year end sale.

Hi CINDY

Yours theme for your new home is Bali Resort? Must be nice and wonderful.

I am thinking of having a theme also....my wife want to have a hotel resort theme....hm...first time heard of that...but dont know what hotel resort look like.

hehe Happy, you need to ask your wife her hotel resort is of which country?

bcos Hilton in New York will be different from Hilton in Bali... if Bali, then it is the resort style as well...

for city hotel, it will be minimalist maybe :P

monkeybone, for the cement screeding.. officer usually says wait for 2-3weeks.. but for mine.. if i'm not wrong i applied on the 17Oct.. n waited till 10Nov then they did it.. very fast job la.. jus 1 day thing.. but my waiting time was almost a month!

bee joy.. check out the newspaper advertisements.. there are a few super cheap promo.. but quality wise.. go to the respective warehouses/showrooms and judge for yourself.. i'll be busy gg ard to see them too.. hee.. i'm still looking for my bedframe as well! haa!

i tink i'll be gg to the Bighton(Toa Payoh), Green(Leng Kee), King Furnishing(Jln Pemimpin).. etc.. i tink can also rackie along joo seng road.. many other brands...

Not recommended for you guys to go G**** @ LK, very bad customer service. That day I went with my sis to look for new sofa for her hse in clementi, initially the sales gal is so friendly and even prepared calculator before bringing us up to the showroom. My sis said want to have second thot by not buying at that point, her face changed immediately. Also, my 2 little niece and nephew running around and accidentally step onto the sofa... she scold "want to die ya, step my sofa" :yamseng:

monkeybone, for the cement screeding.. officer usually says wait for 2-3weeks.. but for mine.. if i'm not wrong i applied on the 17Oct.. n waited till 10Nov then they did it.. very fast job la.. jus 1 day thing.. but my waiting time was almost a month!

bee joy.. check out the newspaper advertisements.. there are a few super cheap promo.. but quality wise.. go to the respective warehouses/showrooms and judge for yourself.. i'll be busy gg ard to see them too.. hee.. i'm still looking for my bedframe as well! haa!

i tink i'll be gg to the Bighton(Toa Payoh), Green(Leng Kee), King Furnishing(Jln Pemimpin).. etc.. i tink can also rackie along joo seng road.. many other brands...

Abt the cement screeding from HDB, i actually applied on the same day i collected my keys. And within 2 weeks, the screeding was done. I guess cos now more n more people has collected their keys n more defects work n stuff to do so now take longer for them to screed floor.

Been going round looking for my bedframe... Courts, Novena, Nova, IMM, Brighton, etc.... n current status, STILL LOOKING. sigh....

Hi Bee joy, You can try Sungei Kadut area where they are quite a number of furniture warehouses.

But please do not to go to Red Axxple to buy furnitures.

Been to Sungei Kadut area too... there were 3 huge furnishing centre there. Think is Novena, Star Furiture

red apple. Did not managed to step into red apple as didn't know there were furniture manufacturer then. :lol: Subsequently saw Red at IMM. n noted that they can custom made the bedframe with storage drawers n i can selected colour of the wood too. But oso very $$$. Wanting to go to their Sungei Kadut branch cos saw banner stating up to 70% sales. But now that there are bad feedback abt Red, wondering if i should travel to Sungei Kadut again.

Not recommended for you guys to go G**** @ LK, very bad customer service. That day I went with my sis to look for new sofa for her hse in clementi, initially the sales gal is so friendly and even prepared calculator before bringing us up to the showroom. My sis said want to have second thot by not buying at that point, her face changed immediately. Also, my 2 little niece and nephew running around and accidentally step onto the sofa... she scold "want to die ya, step my sofa" :notti:

I dun recommend Green too. Find their stuff quite X. U cant walk around the place freely. Some1 will tail u around n recommend this recommend that. N when they know u aint buying, u can see attitude issue.

I oso looking for tempered glass computer table. any recommendations? Saw 1 i like in Vhive, cheap but dimmension too big. :notti: Saw another 1 in Nova but price is double compared to the 1 at Vhive.

Anyone know where i can get 1?