Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi,

anybody hacking away a wall, say, the wall between living rm and bed rm 3 or any of the bed rm wall?

I'm replacing the wall between bedrm and living rm with a wooden bi-fold door... Hacking starts next week and I heard needs to engage PE. Any experience on how much you spend on the engagement of PE?

btw, uncle lim say haulage fixed at $1k for 4 rm... cannot bargain :good:

hi,

according to my id, will need PE for hacking of walls. one of his company project is in JM and HDB says need PE. So likely mine will need also. He quoted me $550 for hacking of a wall.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
you wanna get a set too?

Nope, we got a top load washer already. :good:

Previously, we also toyed with the idea of hacking the bedroom 3 to make the living room bigger, in the end, we decided to keep the room..

thank u yang guo!.. hows ur renovation going on??? dun envy, if lift breakdown, i will be jialat liao.

by the way, hw many years of loan u are going for?

jasch, hw much ur ID / renovation contractor quoted u for hacking and installing a fixed glass panel?

can share the price here? thanks alot!

hi elaine! my reno still in the tile stage..

hahah lift breakdown is not a problem la, we got 3 lifts, if 1-2 lifts breakdown is still ok. :good:

Hi Vince

How much did you pay for the bathtub? can let me know?

I need a rough estimate how much my quotations will be as I have asked for a bathtub to be add to my master bedroom toilet with mirror suspended cabinet and change the toilet door.. Not a bomb i hope.. :jawdrop:

hmm...if i remember correctly, it cost about $300. however, take note that this cost applies to those normal bath tub without water jets or jaccuzi functions. those will cost $1k-$2k+ (depending on the size).

yah we are hacking one of the wall also.. but we are hacking the wall of bedroom 2 connecting to master bedroom... heard from my ID that she will have to apply to HDB first then will know if need PE inspection ...

we had thought of hacking the bedroom 3 wall connecting to the living room also and replace it with a fixed glass wall... but the other side of the wall of bedroom 2 facing the bomb shelter cannot be hack cos its a beam so we gave up the idea :jawdrop:

Hi Jasch,

U mentioned the other side of the wall of bedroom 2 facing the bomb shelter cannot b hack. Are you referring to the wall dividing the BR 2 and MBR? Or are you referring to the BR 3 wall facing the bombshelter? Cos i am planning to hack the wall dividing the BR 2 and MBR. And the floor plan did not show any beam.

Nope, we got a top load washer already. :jawdrop:

Previously, we also toyed with the idea of hacking the bedroom 3 to make the living room bigger, in the end, we decided to keep the room..

orhh... we are looking at Top loaded washer too. btw, were you the one mentioned to me that the electric / water for top-loaded washer is higher?!

Edited by nemofc

thank u yang guo!.. hows ur renovation going on??? dun envy, if lift breakdown, i will be jialat liao.

by the way, hw many years of loan u are going for?

jasch, hw much ur ID / renovation contractor quoted u for hacking and installing a fixed glass panel?

can share the price here? thanks alot!

it would be good if you can take max loan i.e 30 yrs because you can shorten your loan period next time but not the other way round. you understand what i mean?

orhh... we are looking at Top loaded washer too. btw, were you the one mentioned to me that the electric / water for top-loaded washer is higher?!

Top load uses more water, but shorter time to complete one wash cycle.

Front load uses less water, but take longer to complete one wash cycle.

Initially, we wanted to buy front load as well, but end up, we decided on top load since we got a very good offer for the top load washer. :jawdrop:

we also think so. but HDB said that they can extend the loan on CASE by CASE basis

it would be good if you can take max loan i.e 30 yrs because you can shorten your loan period next time but not the other way round. you understand what i mean?

yang guo, i notice under ur signature, u paying 60% already ?! so fast ar???

u got 3 lift..i only got 2 lift i think..i cant remember hw many lift my block has liao.. :jawdrop:

hws baroque service? okay or nt?

hi elaine! my reno still in the tile stage..

hahah lift breakdown is not a problem la, we got 3 lifts, if 1-2 lifts breakdown is still ok. :dunno:

Hi Cindy, most likely using the same id as yours.

My wife told me srearch here and there for more quotations very sian and tiring...and most of the carpentry works (from different ID) are using the same materials.

What matter most is the end products. I am ok with your id materials and end finishing product.

So, can say 98% confirm liao.

I still have not call Gina or Tony yet for tiles selection.

Might call them this week.

So, how do you find their works?

Too bad, tiles is different from you.

So, cannot really judge.

Only can wait for your cabinet and wardrobe and others....(as most likely will be more or less be the same as yours).

Hi Happy,

Can't really comment now as I have not see the results. Gotta get really busy this week as my HK colleague is here.

Hi All,

I just bought a door bell with 25 musics at $28 from IMM. Is it expensive ah ?

Top load uses more water, but shorter time to complete one wash cycle.

Front load uses less water, but take longer to complete one wash cycle.

Initially, we wanted to buy front load as well, but end up, we decided on top load since we got a very good offer for the top load washer. :jawdrop:

sorry, confused. we are looking at front loaded & not top-loaded cos' front loaded can have more space (meaning can put basket on top)

hws baroque service? okay or nt?

I read that some comments in forum - good.

BUT a friend whom i knew from feb WIS used their services & comment - bad cos' it takes 4months to complete their renovation works & too many amendment that she need to monitor always.

Actually, she also read that comment is good so she choose them.

Our pple here also used baroque, maybe can check with him/ her. Forgotten who used them.

Edited by nemofc

I read that some comments in forum - good.

BUT a friend whom i knew from feb WIS used their services & comment - bad cos' it takes 4months to complete their renovation works & too many amendment that she need to monitor always.

Actually, she also read that comment is good so she choose them.

Our pple here also used baroque, maybe can check with him/ her. Forgotten who used them.

ya, i am using Baroque also.. and its almot completing.. quite efficient.. but definitely got some changes and emendments here and there lo.. Workmanship is ok. i think most importantly is which Id you work with.. must find those reliable and easy to talk to one.. =)

ya, i am using Baroque also.. and its almot completing.. quite efficient.. but definitely got some changes and emendments here and there lo.. Workmanship is ok. i think most importantly is which Id you work with.. must find those reliable and easy to talk to one.. =)

:( good!!

who is your ID, can share? thanks

:( good!!

who is your ID, can share? thanks

hmm.. my ID is Robin..a very experienced one.. But hor, you have to get use to his attitude in working. he is not like those young ID who will draw out schedule for you, then report to you.. he is those who will working according to his pace but at the same time make sure that its still within the schedule..

But he did give us a reasonable price.. =) (that was quoted by someone who went to see our flat.. but we still think its quite ex la.. :unsure: