Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Ok, will notify them.. Thanks..

Happy, my carpentry will be up only end of the month, this week will be electrical works, false ceiling and aircon..

By the way, some updates on the tiling workmanship, I guess we are too fussy and compare our homogenous tiling against marble tiling.. haiz.. Cos my brother went up and check for me, he say its ok..

My ID went up and check also, he told me some portion need to just feel up the grout lines and other than that he find the workmanship good enuf..

binzz, as long as ur lines is not "big" and as long when you walk you won't feel that the level is not even, then yours is good liao. You can't compare apple & orange. if you compare ceremic & homo, homo lines is fine cos' ceremic lines can't be fine.

I went up 2nd floor of block 25A, the whole house is well-lit and bright...

we saw the a van selling curtains, are their curtains cheaper?

my bf saw the flat for the 1st time last wkd haha he was like :thumbs up: the bedrooms 2 and 3 are smaller than his hostel room.

we even jia lat, went to blk 26D / 26C - 21st floor only have 2 units & very darked and the 2 corners are locked cos' it can linked to outside. Guess, hdb will do a grill type instead of door

Edited by nemofc

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I went up 2nd floor of block 25A, the whole house is well-lit and bright...

we saw the a van selling curtains, are their curtains cheaper?

my bf saw the flat for the 1st time last wkd haha he was like :thumbs up: the bedrooms 2 and 3 are smaller than his hostel room.

We are talking abt the corridors before entering the house at 27A. The house itself is not so bad, the natural light flows in from the living room, thanks to the full length window. However, when you are at the corridors at the lower floors, and both neighbours close their doors, then the alley will be dark even though it is blazing outside.

We are talking abt the corridors before entering the house at 27A. The house itself is not so bad, the natural light flows in from the living room, thanks to the full length window. However, when you are at the corridors at the lower floors, and both neighbours close their doors, then the alley will be dark even though it is blazing outside.

Are you having this problem? if so, perhaps you might want to raise this issue to town council (guess is town council). Mine is okay

binzz, as long as ur lines is not "big" and as long when you walk you won't feel that the level is not even, then yours is good liao. You can't compare apple & orange. if you compare ceremic & homo, homo lines is fine cos' ceremic lines can't be fine.

we even jia lat, went to blk 26D / 26C - 21st floor only have 2 units & very darked and the 2 corners are locked cos' it can linked to outside. Guess, hdb will do a grill type instead of door

Ya.. So paisei.. I thought I can have marble feeling with homo tiles!:thumbs up::P

:)

Hey....for your info...

1) Suria5 : Every Sunday 830pm (Home Deco) with english subtitles

2) Channel 8 : Every Monday 800pm (Home Survivor 3)

Hi,

Anyone did a quotation for making curtain for their 4 room flat(3bedrm and a living rm)? Can PM me. Thks

It range from $800 to $2500, depending on the material that you have choosen. You should choose the material and get the quote from them. We can help to see if the material given justify for the quoted cost.

DIY method

We just bought the wall fitting + rods from IKEA yesterday and carry it back to JM flat.

Total damage of 4 room flat - $160 ( Excluding cab fare of $4.00 )

Curtains - Look out for sale at John Little, Taka, Robinson. ( Must have their credit cards to obtain maximum discounts )

- Visit curtain shops to compare the price with above mentioned big shopping centre after including 20% discount.

- Look out for year end sale at Spotlight

- Source for your material and can get aunties to sew it for you.

This is purely my way of getting the most out of the budget that I have.

It range from $800 to $2500, depending on the material that you have choosen. You should choose the material and get the quote from them. We can help to see if the material given justify for the quoted cost.

DIY method

We just bought the wall fitting + rods from IKEA yesterday and carry it back to JM flat.

Curtains - Look out for sale at John Little, Taka, Robinson. ( Must have their credit cards to obtain maximum discounts )

- Visit curtain shops to compare the price with above mentioned big shopping centre after including 20% discount.

i'm thinking of getting ikea curtain rods also, but the windows for the living room and common bedrooms are recessed into the wall, something like this and this... the ikea curtain rods are wall-mounted, but i like ceiling-mounted curtain rods for the recess windows...

any ideas for DIY ceiling-mounted curtain rods suitable for rod-pocket or tab-top curtains?? :notti:

Edited by redbottle

DIY method

Hi CINDY

You bought wooden rod?

Any pic to show us?

Thanks!:notti:

Me too, gonna DIY.

Wow....really lots of shopping and buying!!l

i'm thinking of getting ikea curtain rods also, but the windows for the living room and common bedrooms are recessed into the wall, something like this and this... the ikea curtain rods are wall-mounted, but i like ceiling-mounted curtain rods for the recess windows...

any ideas for DIY ceiling-mounted curtain rods suitable for rod-pocket or tab-top curtains?? :)

I think so be ok, drill it outside the recess area.

Hi,

Anyone bought Recess Area / Common Corridor Space? How much would it cost?

Regards

chaq

recess area/common corridor space can be bought? :notti:

recess area/common corridor space can be bought? !!

i guess someone previously asked this question too. But personal opinion if refer to blk 27A #140 that extra access, not an recess area to buy over because it will be very near to #142. The rest of units in other blk almost the same layout. Perhaps best to contact hdb.

any ideas for DIY ceiling-mounted curtain rods suitable for rod-pocket or tab-top curtains?? :good:

Hi Redbottle,

I am doing pelmet for my MBR + Living room so I think it should be fine.

Not doing any fancy ceiling work for the studyroom + recreation room so I just bought IKEA finials to put at the end of the rods.

Hi Happy,

I bought black rods. Actually, wanna to go for wooden blind(From spotlight) to create a resort feel but the total cost really scare the he ll out of me.

Are u using the same ID as mine ? If yes, Tony offer to help me to install the curtain rods FOC. That's y, we speed to IKEA to get those items on Sunday so that the ceiling work can be done on this week.

!! I must buy cakes for him liao. :P

More photos will be coming up on this weekend after ceiling work is done. I will u/l in my blog.

Just now, I saw a van parking below Blk 26A. This van is promoting "CURTAINS DIRECT FROM FACTORY".

He dare not approach me cause I am listening to my mp3. hahaha! My way of ignoring the uncles.

Hi all

Anyone staying @ Blk 25B?

Anyway I saw the the threads going on and on about ppl viewing flats and etc.. :good:

Have anyone move in yet? Do you mean the 5 rm flat owners have taken their keys!!!! :P

yup, mine's a 5-room. you got to measure the length of the bathroom. the bath tub is 1400mm length and it's from nam wah :good:

Hi Vince

How much did you pay for the bathtub? can let me know?

I need a rough estimate how much my quotations will be as I have asked for a bathtub to be add to my master bedroom toilet with mirror suspended cabinet and change the toilet door.. Not a bomb i hope.. !!