Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

I did do a door header thing, but thats only add 1 tile on top of the existing tile, should not have any impact of the leveling of the floor ma...

Thanks alamatador, but why must take water level? How to take the water level?? What is 'spirit levels'? Sorry, very blur.. :thumbs up:

As still water has a flat horizontal surface regardless of whether the container is slanted or not. Hence water level (shui xian) refers to a marking of a reference height in the whole house, not in regards to the floor.

And tiles are layed with respect to this water level to ensure the floor is flat..

Other uses? Air con trunking can only be done when this has been taken. Else how would they know if the water will flow out/down when the floors may not be flat?

Spirit level is those instruments we use during dnt to ensure the surface we are working on is flat. The contractors will be using this all the time when they lay the tiles/screed.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

gadgetgal, ur schedule seems like mine.. but my ID has scheduled to start work next week wor.. sand n tiles will be delivered up to my place on next mon.. probably next tue can start the tilings le.. for the entire schedule can refer to my t-blog..

as for the sand fee.. my ID managed to help me get $600 only.. he said usual price for that amt should be $700.. since my 3 bedrooms already cement screeded FOC by HDB.. n for those tat doing entire house by tiles should be paying $1000 as usual price.. but he helped my friend get $900..

gadgetgal, ur schedule seems like mine.. but my ID has scheduled to start work next week wor.. sand n tiles will be delivered up to my place on next mon.. probably next tue can start the tilings le.. for the entire schedule can refer to my t-blog..

as for the sand fee.. my ID managed to help me get $600 only.. he said usual price for that amt should be $700.. since my 3 bedrooms already cement screeded FOC by HDB.. n for those tat doing entire house by tiles should be paying $1000 as usual price.. but he helped my friend get $900..

confused lei.. so if lay homo tiles, still need cement screed?

Current progress cement screeding just over - have to wait it dry and have the tiles and sand sent, which may be next week.actual start work may be next next week... *sigh..

cement screeding... you are laying tiles or laminate / parquet?

i very confused lei, why need to lay cement screeding if lay tiles

I think u are the 2nd person to collect on 21.11.2007.. Thats my birthday.. lol :help:

:thumbs up: Happy Birthday To you in advance! Good health!

shucks.. my HB just called our ID and he also mentioned, most cases must cut door or gate.

shucks....shucks... dunno why like that.

Hopefully ours won't need to cut.... *crossing fingers...

Binzz,.. how long is the estimation when the tiles/sands delivered till whole house completed ar?

Was hoping mine will finish by year end, and can move in by early next year. dunno too optimistic or not.

Current progress cement screeding just over - have to wait it dry and have the tiles and sand sent, which may be next week.actual start work may be next next week... *sigh..

Err, i abit blur one leh, actually i leave all the stuff to my ID, even schedule i never ask him, i only know the handover date will be by mid-end dec..

For the tiles/sand, keys given to my ID on 6-Nov, on 12 Nov, the sand and tiles inside my house liao.. yesterday go up see, the tiles done for the main door and foyer area.. Living room and rooms havent start.. He did mention before, electrical works, false ceiling and aircon will start before carpentary. But only for the carpentary, we will need to attend a project site meeting, other than that, nothing liao..

hehe 20.nov is my birthday :yamseng:

:unsure: same to you! Happy Birthday to you in advance! Good health too!

wow me oso birthday on 20 nov :yamseng:

:good: Happy Birthday to you too ! Good Health!

24 Dec is my B'day :yamseng:

Happy birthday to you too! Good health!

Err, i abit blur one leh, actually i leave all the stuff to my ID, even schedule i never ask him, i only know the handover date will be by mid-end dec..

For the tiles/sand, keys given to my ID on 6-Nov, on 12 Nov, the sand and tiles inside my house liao.. yesterday go up see, the tiles done for the main door and foyer area.. Living room and rooms havent start.. He did mention before, electrical works, false ceiling and aircon will start before carpentary. But only for the carpentary, we will need to attend a project site meeting, other than that, nothing liao..

hi binzz

can share your new revised drawings?

confused lei.. so if lay homo tiles, still need cement screed?

cement screeding... you are laying tiles or laminate / parquet?

i very confused lei, why need to lay cement screeding if lay tiles

:unsure: Happy Birthday To you in advance! Good health!

I think lay homo tiles, the cement screed must be done together with the tiles and not separately..

Thanks.. But must wish linggie, sparey & elaine hubby first.. they 20th..

hi binzz

can share your new revised drawings?

Don't have.. cos my ID no time to draw liao.. even my revised kitchen dun have drawings.. Basically, now i abit clueless how my feature wall will look like, cos the last drawing, the feature wall they show me, very nice, but **** expensive, cos its using spray, not carpentary.. Then we dun want, now change another design, but he no time to draw and show me, also dunno nice anot..

nemofc, sorry if i confused u..

wat i meant was.. i'm doing laminate flooring for the 3 rooms n therefore need the cement screed (FOC by HDB)..

the $600 is for the sand that need to use for laying tiles.. n as for the difference in pricing.. because all my 3 bedrooms not laying tiles n so don need the sand so much cheaper.. n that is why for those laying tiles for whole house will need more sand n therefore more $..

Hi Cindy-Monkeybone,

yaya u got to take care. Nowadays weather not very good, easy to fall sick.

since ur hse reno complete so earli can go view ur hse??

Hi,

Sure! Will let you know once the renovation is completed.

Dear Linggie, Sparey, One Post Wonder,

Happy Birthday to all of you !

My renovation is delayed until Monday due to praying session on Saturday for "Dong Du" by the PIL.

Hi,

Sure! Will let you know once the renovation is completed.

Dear Linggie, Sparey, One Post Wonder,

Happy Birthday to all of you !

My renovation is delayed until Monday due to praying session on Saturday for "Dong Du" by the PIL.

Thanks to all the wishes and send my best wishes to all too :yamseng:

I just submitted my application to HDB for the cement screed and u know what, they say now many people doing it not sure if its a trend so will need to take longer to up to 4weeks :unsure:

On the other hand, my ID just give me another bomb by telling me they will start work before the screed in these few days :good:

nemofc, sorry if i confused u..

wat i meant was.. i'm doing laminate flooring for the 3 rooms n therefore need the cement screed (FOC by HDB)..

the $600 is for the sand that need to use for laying tiles.. n as for the difference in pricing.. because all my 3 bedrooms not laying tiles n so don need the sand so much cheaper.. n that is why for those laying tiles for whole house will need more sand n therefore more $..

Xlan,.. not trying to pour cold water to you..

but haulage fee $600 for foyer+living room of 4rm only is quite expensive...

My ID previously quoted only $450 for living+foyer+dining+kitchen on my 5rm.

My current haulage fee is I think around $900 (since I only cement screed MBR and Suggested Study Room), also a bit expensive,.. was hoping $700-800 max.

But I guess, he a bit on the lose end when he quoted us earlier, now trying to fix that price by earning a bit..

Xlan,.. not trying to pour cold water to you..

but haulage fee $600 for foyer+living room of 4rm only is quite expensive...

My ID previously quoted only $450 for living+foyer+dining+kitchen on my 5rm.

My current haulage fee is I think around $900 (since I only cement screed MBR and Suggested Study Room), also a bit expensive,.. was hoping $700-800 max.

But I guess, he a bit on the lose end when he quoted us earlier, now trying to fix that price by earning a bit..

oh.. is ok.. no cold water.. i guess is cos monopolised by 1 guy.. also no choice right.. i mean.. where else to buy sand? :jawdrop:

Thanks to all the wishes and send my best wishes to all too 8|

I just submitted my application to HDB for the cement screed and u know what, they say now many people doing it not sure if its a trend so will need to take longer to up to 4weeks :jawdrop:

On the other hand, my ID just give me another bomb by telling me they will start work before the screed in these few days :notti:

Hi Sparey,

Not to worry so much, your ID might be doing the wiring, false ceiling, L-box, kitchen bases + painting before the cement screeding.

It is quite okay. At least, they do not have to rush everything when your screeding is done in Early/Mid December.

I have u/l the photos in my blog. Do take a look at Monkeybone In Town.

Hi Sparey,

Not to worry so much, your ID might be doing the wiring, false ceiling, L-box, kitchen bases + painting before the cement screeding.

It is quite okay. At least, they do not have to rush everything when your screeding is done in Early/Mid December.

huh no leh... ID say doing tiles and electric leh. Not sure will crash with HDB screed :notti:

Maybe I'm worrying too much as I'm not in a rush at all 8|

Have not buy anything yet such as lights, washing machine, aircon... :jawdrop:

hee! will peanut live in JM as well? haha.. next time can go walk walk with our BABY

huh no leh... ID say doing tiles and electric leh. Not sure will crash with HDB screed :notti:

Maybe I'm worrying too much as I'm not in a rush at all 8|

Have not buy anything yet such as lights, washing machine, aircon... :jawdrop:

Sparey, if u worried.. may be u can ask ID for a official schedule sheet.. see mine.. then at least u hv a better picture and know roughly when to get your purchases ready for installation

hee! will peanut live in JM as well? haha.. next time can go walk walk with our BABY

Sparey, if u worried.. may be u can ask ID for a official schedule sheet.. see mine.. then at least u hv a better picture and know roughly when to get your purchases ready for installation

xlan, thks! u have a very clear and detail schedule :D