Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi One,

Just wanted to confirm, you signed up with Alumix and cost $1500 for your 7ft wardrobe?. Sounds pretty good deal.

Mind to share where you had the deal and who do you deal with?. It sounds cheap, as the other day we've checked it costs around $2k-2.2k for 7ft mbr.

Btw, which carrefour is it?.

Hi,

Sorry been too busy to log on, its Suntec carrefour, hope i'm not too late to respond... the 20% deal is till Wed, today! :) anyway, i heard the promo carries on with 15% discount this week..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

for those who have already started with reno, mind telling how much u pay for haulage (pai sha)?

i called the number posted in the lift and he (i think his name is Peter) and he quoted $1000 for 4 rm! :)

The ID told me haulage needs to be arranged with that guy (that means he monopolise the mkt!!)

is it true?

Hi,

for those who have already started with reno, mind telling how much u pay for haulage (pai sha)?

i called the number posted in the lift and he (i think his name is Peter) and he quoted $1000 for 4 rm! :)

The ID told me haulage needs to be arranged with that guy (that means he monopolise the mkt!!)

is it true?

Ya, I think so, my ID told me to top up for the additional haulage cost also.. Cos he FOC $400 gimme.. Nowadays, sand are so expensive.. :notti:

Hi,

i called the number posted in the lift and he (i think his name is Peter) and he quoted $1000 for 4 rm! :unsure:

is it true?

Yeap, it is true. but for the price wise, try to negotiate.frm what I know, 4rm is about $900, 5rm is about $1100.

Dunno the price increase due to demand or what. :)

Yeap, it is true. but for the price wise, try to negotiate.frm what I know, 4rm is about $900, 5rm is about $1100.

Dunno the price increase due to demand or what. :unsure:

hm... this is the first time i heard tat sand is abt $950. Coz most ID or contractor i ask they say our area here is charge at $1k for 4 rm lah.

In this case if can nego and save, y not right.

hm... this is the first time i heard tat sand is abt $950. Coz most ID or contractor i ask they say our area here is charge at $1k for 4 rm lah.

In this case if can nego and save, y not right.

Probably those with cement screeding by HDB will pay lower right? I read from somewhere..

By the way, yesterday, my ID called me and told me that my living room flooring will not be at the same height as the kitchen floor, to level them, need to cut the door and gate.. Anyone here have the same problem?

Cindy, take care k... u so fast start renovating ar..i bring forward the key collection date to be on 19th instead of 21st.. . anyway, yesterday went to Block 26C and look at my unit liao. can only see from outside onli.

linggie, ur bd is on 20th Nov ar?! so concidence..my Hubby also .. hee

Yox, Yes. She is nice loh and even fetch us from HDBhub to JM.

Hi Zila,

U r right, It is classic D ! It should be on tmr or Saturday because I just went through the auspicious date for renovation.

I feel so sick now. Took MC today cause my throat is swelling, head feels like splitting into half. :help:

My completion date is b4 Xmas too :thumbs up: Anyone planning to move in on 24 or 28 Dec 2007 because these are 2 goods dates for moving home.

Probably those with cement screeding by HDB will pay lower right? I read from somewhere..

By the way, yesterday, my ID called me and told me that my living room flooring will not be at the same height as the kitchen floor, to level them, need to cut the door and gate.. Anyone here have the same problem?

door and gate need to be cut?!.

how come living room flooring and kitchen can be not level? u do cement screeding on which area?.

My HB have repeatedly telling my ID not to cut any of his doors, therefore the ID should be monitoring and marking the level they cement screeded carefully as he love the doors so much.

For those cement screeded by HDB, yeap, you will not be charged full amount for the sand and haulage fee (depending how much is the area u cement screed by HDB).

hmm... u're laying tiles in the living room right? how can it be uneven?

cement screeding is free by HDB, my ID will monitor it for me...

Think they can do the flooring without cutting the gate n door. I have seen some units (not at our estate) where they build something like a step there to avoid cutting.

Been to a few show flat at our area, trying to recall, seems llike they did not cut the gate n door. The floor is level. hm....

Is it becos you are doing a small door header thingy (ie. chinese call it men kan)??

Oh, and I started on my renovation... in my case, told the contractor to make it flat also (no 'men kan'), else i gotta cut the gate too...

door and gate need to be cut?!.

how come living room flooring and kitchen can be not level? u do cement screeding on which area?.

My HB have repeatedly telling my ID not to cut any of his doors, therefore the ID should be monitoring and marking the level they cement screeded carefully as he love the doors so much.

For those cement screeded by HDB, yeap, you will not be charged full amount for the sand and haulage fee (depending how much is the area u cement screed by HDB).

Gadgetgal,

I didn't do any cement screed, i opt for all homo tiles from living & the rooms, but after the tiles are laid, my ID told me about this problem, I went to see yesterday, really shorter than the kitchen tiles by abit.. He will do something to the kitchen entrance there, like a hump or something lah to cover the uneveness..

I also dunno why like that, is it normal? Anyone have same problem??

hmm... u're laying tiles in the living room right? how can it be uneven?

cement screeding is free by HDB, my ID will monitor it for me...

Screeding should have been done to level using those 'spirit levels'....

But heard that certain flats flooring is not exactly flat by default (ie. the lego set didn't fit exactly). Heard from the contractor, he has encountered cases where 2 ends of the new house actually has its floor higher/lower by 3 inches! For my place, after taking the water level, i found all my room floors deviate by ard 0.5cm to 1cm, which is considered quite lucky :thumbs up:

Hope this helps...

Edited by almatador

Is it becos you are doing a small door header thingy (ie. chinese call it men kan)??

Oh, and I started on my renovation... in my case, told the contractor to make it flat also (no 'men kan'), else i gotta cut the gate too...

I did do a door header thing, but thats only add 1 tile on top of the existing tile, should not have any impact of the leveling of the floor ma...

Screeding should have been done to level using those 'spirit levels'....

But heard that certain flats flooring is not exactly flat by default (ie. the lego set didn't fit exactly). Heard from the contractor, he has encountered cases where 2 ends of the new house actually has its floor higher/lower by 3 inches! For my place, after taking the water level, i found all my room floors deviate by ard 0.5cm to 1cm, which is considered quite lucky :help:

Hope this helps...

Thanks alamatador, but why must take water level? How to take the water level?? What is 'spirit levels'? Sorry, very blur.. :thumbs up:

Gadgetgal,

I didn't do any cement screed, i opt for all homo tiles from living & the rooms, but after the tiles are laid, my ID told me about this problem, I went to see yesterday, really shorter than the kitchen tiles by abit.. He will do something to the kitchen entrance there, like a hump or something lah to cover the uneveness..

I also dunno why like that, is it normal? Anyone have same problem??

shucks.. my HB just called our ID and he also mentioned, most cases must cut door or gate.

shucks....shucks... dunno why like that.

Hopefully ours won't need to cut.... *crossing fingers...

Binzz,.. how long is the estimation when the tiles/sands delivered till whole house completed ar?

Was hoping mine will finish by year end, and can move in by early next year. dunno too optimistic or not.

Current progress cement screeding just over - have to wait it dry and have the tiles and sand sent, which may be next week.actual start work may be next next week... *sigh..