Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ms bean,

mine is exactly like your 1st picture, mine is below bedroom 2 windows...yes only when it rain then you can see...

i already did my floor tiles... :notti: i complained 3 times liao dunno HDB is doing anythin abt it or not

the hdb lady said rectification is done from outside wont affect so she said go ahead with my reno argh...

hhmm.... seems like this is quite a common problem. i think i better check carefully. but must rain first. :P

Ya lor Dun worry this few day JM keep raining ( as My office is at JM also ) Ling also tell me she also get the same old reply from a 'Lady "

Ling and Crazy car did the "lady" give you any black and white in email to say u can start the reno start before they rectify the fault ?

Edited by msbean

Hihi,

O dear. So jia lat like that? What happens if people do their carpenty already then this happens? Hmm, seems like our flats workmanship is not really good. Heard that this project @ JM, got some problems @ first stage of work. Think the contactor got fined or changed another contactor half way through the project. :jawdrop:

We all really got to open our eyes big big to check through. Hopefully not all units are like that! :jawdrop:

u r right :jawdrop:

my cousin worked for the 1st contractor when they started on the site and when she heard that I got a unit here, she had no comments... :)

heehee "No comment" this word very Sensitive word

Can be Bad until no comment or good unit no comment

haiz haiz haiz ,pay so much still have problem

Hi Hi to all...

As far as I know, 3 of us got the new units @ Jalan Membina. Anyone else? :)

Shall we talk about our future homes here...?

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie to forum talk so hope i'm doing this right.. Just got my keys to my new flat before the CNY. Am i too late to join in the reno talk? :jawdrop:

Hi Everyone!

i'm new to Forum Talk so abit blur..

Just got my keys to my new house before CNY. Am looking at IDs now.

Am i too late to join in? :)

On we also just get our key as all 25b just collect key around Jan-mar , welcome

Hi! Am currently looking at 4 ID firms now.

1) HC Interior (rec through forum)

2) Lourve (rec by my colleague who used them)

3)Image (met them at the Expo fair last weekend

4) Plush Living (rec through forum)

So Far got HC quote already. Not bad. Ard 25K for everything i asked for.

Still waiting for the other ID firms to get back to me..

Heard from my Best Friend that ***** has very good ideas as well.

Not sure if i should also get quote from them..

Dun have a good impression of Plush though.. met the rep at the Expo Fair last

weekend. Super pushy..

Anyone any comments on the above 4 ID firms?

Hi POOH

Welcome.

Me also blk25b.

Just started my reno: tiles layout (I think so....).

Probably going down to take a look this afternoon.

HAPPY

Hi Everyone!

i'm new to Forum Talk so abit blur..

Just got my keys to my new house before CNY. Am looking at IDs now.

Am i too late to join in? :bow:

Hi! Am currently looking at 4 ID firms now.

1) HC Interior (rec through forum)

2) Lourve (rec by my colleague who used them)

3)Image (met them at the Expo fair last weekend

4) Plush Living (rec through forum)

So Far got HC quote already. Not bad. Ard 25K for everything i asked for.

Still waiting for the other ID firms to get back to me..

Heard from my Best Friend that ***** has very good ideas as well.

Not sure if i should also get quote from them..

Dun have a good impression of Plush though.. met the rep at the Expo Fair last

weekend. Super pushy..

Anyone any comments on the above 4 ID firms?

:bow: Anyone knows the contact no. of Blum supplier?

I wanted to get Aventos HL - lift up door system for my dish rack cabinet. The system which moves the door "outwards and upwards" in a direction like this _l

My ID said his supplier don't have this. :lol:

I hope to try other supplier. :deal:

:deal: Anyone knows the contact no. of Blum supplier?

I wanted to get Aventos HL - lift up door system for my dish rack cabinet. The system which moves the door "outwards and upwards" in a direction like this _l

My ID said his supplier don't have this. :~

I hope to try other supplier. :lol:

Ooh.. Blum system is really expensive.. They're really nice & sleek though.. but too bad not within my budge. Will prob just use the Blum Tract for one or two of my kitchen cabinets (esp under the sink area).

Maybe you can surf the net for Blum's number.. My aunt using this German brand 'Takara'. Maybe you can take a look at them. They're not cheap though :bow:

Hello...what is the pros and cons for using the storage heater compare to instant heater?

Still deciding.....

for our new flats, storage heater will be better as all the pipes are hidden. You notice the gas pipe sticking out on the wall on the left side of your common toilet door? That's for connecting to the storage heater. If you go for instant heater, they will have to re-run the pipes and you will see the pipe running from your instant heater to your shower tap. Like in our parent's house. Will look rather awful.. This is what i gathered from the few IDs i spoke to..

fast reply from Bukit merah HDB sia , A officer call me say received my defect and photo . Say will chase the contractor to rectify it fast . As this might need work to be done outside the building.

I say: The problem is a few neighbour also same problem and I also never see any contractor hang outside the windor or wall to repair/fill the holes/cement .

Officer say : oh is it , he have to check with the contractor what they have done . Dun do the reno 1st , rectify 1st . Tell me if the tiles any problem HDB cant do anything as all is cover up .

Neighbour , did you all sent to the 27B branch or straight to Bukit Merah Branch har ???

I abit confuse so the branch at 27B is it a contractor branch ???

So now cant do anything la , reno delay la , pek chek pek chek

Edited by msbean

ok...I got it.

Eat up alot of electricity?

My neighbour told me need to on it for 10 min in order to take bath.

for our new flats, storage heater will be better as all the pipes are hidden. You notice the gas pipe sticking out on the wall on the left side of your common toilet door? That's for connecting to the storage heater. If you go for instant heater, they will have to re-run the pipes and you will see the pipe running from your instant heater to your shower tap. Like in our parent's house. Will look rather awful.. This is what i gathered from the few IDs i spoke to..