Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi Everybody..thanks for your input on the instant heater and storage heater.

If I go for the instant heater, then have to box up the pipes outside the kitchen wall.

Did you notice that when you switch on the heater, did you go and look at the meter running?

Whenever I switch on the instand heater, the meter run very fast? Kind of scary man!

aiyo, is like that one.. wait till you turn on air-con, meter run even faster... LOL

btw, why kitchen concrete is using concrete slab?

Edited by nemofc

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Kelvin

Nice to meet you today.

What a surprised it is to meet you at econ.

Nice to take a short tour to your house and my house.

Too bad, unable to go in as wet work is in progress.

Nevermind, we will have plenty of time.

Hi Cindy MonkeyBone...were you be at home late afternoon this week? I knock off in the afternoon and came straight to see my house. You want to take a peek at my unit? I will give you a buzz if you are at home.

Hi SKYSheep...were you be there also in the afternoon or evening this week? Might drop by to see your house.

Hi everybody...anybody going?

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

We will be going almost everyday to our unit to take a look. Maybe if you are there you can give us a buzz to see if we are there ba.. :(

We will be taking a day off on fri to receive our lighting and sanitary stuff delivered. :unsure:

Hi JAZZ

I will be there late afternoon after work until Friday.

So excited to see new transformation of my unit!

Saturday I am not sure what time.

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

when you going for the visit?? can join in heehee..

But my hubby n me will be around at JM i tink on either friday evening or sunday.

Hi JASCH

Ok I will call you if you happen to be around.

What time normally you will be around JM?

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

We will be going almost everyday to our unit to take a look. Maybe if you are there you can give us a buzz to see if we are there ba.. :(

We will be taking a day off on fri to receive our lighting and sanitary stuff delivered. :unsure:

Hi NEM

Sorry mistake, not slab lah.

Yeah, the meter run faster so as my heart beat faster!! And money flow even faster! And when pub bill comes, better dont open, wait for payday then open!

HAPPY

aiyo, is like that one.. wait till you turn on air-con, meter run even faster... LOL

btw, why kitchen concrete is using concrete slab?

Edited by h4happy

Ooh.. Blum system is really expensive.. They're really nice & sleek though.. but too bad not within my budge. Will prob just use the Blum Tract for one or two of my kitchen cabinets (esp under the sink area).

Maybe you can surf the net for Blum's number.. My aunt using this German brand 'Takara'. Maybe you can take a look at them. They're not cheap though :unsure:

Finally, my ID found Vivo system - Vera vertical for me as replacement. :(

He said it costs 3X more than Blum, but I no need to top up. :(

I think it's good investment in Blum or similar since kitchen lasts a long time, and esp, if have kids at home.

Hi Everybody

Need to check something with everybody....usually tilers will lay the tiles and after that, they will fill up the grouting, right?

Before fill up the gourting lines, you can feel the line in between the tiles right? Is it true?

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

when you going for the visit?? can join in heehee..

But my hubby n me will be around at JM i tink on either friday evening or sunday.

Hi,

Me too.. :jawdrop:

So far have been staying there for a month liao.. but havent actually seen all your flats yet :bleah:

Hi SIMP

Can I have your contact?

Maybe sat will be there..will call you.

HAPPY

Hi,

Me too.. :jawdrop:

So far have been staying there for a month liao.. but havent actually seen all your flats yet :bleah:

Hello...what is the pros and cons for using the storage heater compare to instant heater?

Still deciding.....

Hi Happy,

I using electric instant heater as we decide not to have any gas in the home..

so far it worked quite well.. and heat up very fast also, almost instanteneously :bleah:

:jawdrop:

Hi SIMP

Can I have your contact?

Maybe sat will be there..will call you.

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

Ok will pm u my contact :good:

Hi Everybody

Need to check something with everybody....usually tilers will lay the tiles and after that, they will fill up the grouting, right?

Before fill up the gourting lines, you can feel the line in between the tiles right? Is it true?

HAPPY

completed liao or is something wrong?

based on what we saw yesterday, they'll only fill the lines after laying all the tiles?

u r right :)

my cousin worked for the 1st contractor when they started on the site and when she heard that I got a unit here, she had no comments... :good:

Haha, sama sama here. When my dad knew that we already applied for the flat and got it there, he's also like: Huh? Got here already? Hope's it's alright lor. :notti:

Hi Happy,

I using electric instant heater as we decide not to have any gas in the home..

so far it worked quite well.. and heat up very fast also, almost instanteneously :)

Hi Simpleboi,

Me thinking of using instant heater as well, as dont want storage heater as sick of waiting for it to heat up and also not enough hot water after a few people using it. :) Can check w u, do u use yr instant heater w any bath tub or rain shower installed? Thinking of installing these 2, but scare that instant heater will not be hot enough to fill up the bath tub, and also cant install the rain shower or got not enough pressure to go w it? :bleah::(

oh no! so sorry angel for the late reply... just changed jobs last yr dec... honeymoon is finally over and everyday working very hard... seems to be working longer and longer hours... :good: i am from 25B too! my bf had just signed up with the ID yday... how's your hunt so far? we decided on tis company cuz the contractor is one of my bf's relatives... dun worry about moving in later... cuz we are so far on the same pace ya... haha come to think of it, i nvr bought anything for my house yet... as in big stuffs...

last year went to japan after i quit previous job... travelling makes ppl buy on impulse... bought super cute cutlery from osaka kaiyukan... they have spoons and forks in the shape of marine creatures... really liked them very much... bought a few small little paintings size of A5 exercise book in nara, cheerful lil pics... and a soap dispenser from universal studio with elmo n family in it... haha still resisting the temptation to buy electronics and stuffs... still not sure abt which brand to buy also.... heard tt IT fair coming wor... maybe wait till tt time den get my stuffs...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it has been raining heavily these days... kinda worried about my hse now after reading so many replies on forum... :bleah: somemore i am staying and working so far fr jalan membina... hope the office in 27B can quickly rectify if there's any probs... afterall we paid so much for the flat... hope they will not be so irresponsible...

Hi melting starz....

are u from 25B also? dont worry...me have not started reno too...still sourcing for IDs... so undecided... :( this afternoon me and hubby went on the "See and Feel Exercursion" organised by Hbay. So we will be speaking to another 2 IDs i guess.... hopefully we can decide on an ID by mid march and start reno. looks like I will be one of the later ones to move in. But we bought a 32 inch Samsung LCD TV today! :notti: haha...was an impulse buy...hopefully was not a wrong decision!!

Not sure when they plan to turn on the lights...but totally agree with u. Was ard there at abt 12.30pm this afternoon and it looked abit dim in the middle of the day!

- Angel

Hi,

Can check with anyone here can recomend a Fengshui Master? If possible, hope you can either PM me or share with me the info here. Hope you can give the cost if u know for a 4 rm flat.

Thanks!:dunno:

Haha, sama sama here. When my dad knew that we already applied for the flat and got it there, he's also like: Huh? Got here already? Hope's it's alright lor. :P

Hi Simpleboi,

Me thinking of using instant heater as well, as dont want storage heater as sick of waiting for it to heat up and also not enough hot water after a few people using it. :jawdrop: Can check w u, do u use yr instant heater w any bath tub or rain shower installed? Thinking of installing these 2, but scare that instant heater will not be hot enough to fill up the bath tub, and also cant install the rain shower or got not enough pressure to go w it? :):jawdrop:

Hi purplesky,

Nope.. I didnt have any bath tub nor installed rain shower.. in fact I used back the original shower head too, coz it's quite good I feel :jawdrop:

Currently, for my instant heater, the pressure is quite fine to me, the temperature is just right too.. of coz I dun bathe those very hot type :)

The thing is, it heats up almost instanteneous so dun need to wait.. turn on the switch can use liao :)

:P

Hi purplesky,

Nope.. I didnt have any bath tub nor installed rain shower.. in fact I used back the original shower head too, coz it's quite good I feel :)

Currently, for my instant heater, the pressure is quite fine to me, the temperature is just right too.. of coz I dun bathe those very hot type :jawdrop:

The thing is, it heats up almost instanteneous so dun need to wait.. turn on the switch can use liao :jawdrop:

:P

Hi Simpleboi,

I see. Thanks for sharing. Yap, that's the reason why i'm thinking of switching back to using instant heater. Cos really sick of waiting for the storage heater to heat up @ my current plc also when after a few persons shower already, not enough hot water liao. But though 1 thing good abt storage heater is that they seems to be lasting longer. I mean longer lasting. My old plc using instant heater, they seems to be spolit faster than storage heater. Hmm, now i just need someone to tell me does instant heater able to go w bath tub (water hot enough to fill up the tub) and also to go w rain shower (ie able to installl together or not , and is the pressure enough?)

Any neighbours can help? :P

Hi Simpleboi,

I see. Thanks for sharing. Yap, that's the reason why i'm thinking of switching back to using instant heater. Cos really sick of waiting for the storage heater to heat up @ my current plc also when after a few persons shower already, not enough hot water liao. But though 1 thing good abt storage heater is that they seems to be lasting longer. I mean longer lasting. My old plc using instant heater, they seems to be spolit faster than storage heater. Hmm, now i just need someone to tell me does instant heater able to go w bath tub (water hot enough to fill up the tub) and also to go w rain shower (ie able to installl together or not , and is the pressure enough?)

Any neighbours can help? :P

Purplesky, instant heater sure can go with bath tub. the issue here, is whether the water will be hot enuff for you or not.

Imagine this..... the instant heater is basically a heating coil whereby it heats up and the water just passes thru it. After the water come out from the showerhead and into the bathtub, how long can it stay hot? whereas with a storage tank, the water (all 30L of it) is already heated up and then goes onto you tub. which is better?

An alternative will be to use the gas operated water heater, this will basically "boil" your water and you can use the mixer to adjust your temp.

Downside is that you need to have it installed out of the toilet and the gas piping has to be exposed.

then again...... bathtubs are nice and I've thought of getting one for myself too. However, looking at the size of our toilet, I dont think i would feel relaxed soaking in the tub. A rainshower will be more practical IMHO..