Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Guest OMO

Hi fellow neighbours,

Currently our electrical wires are all embedded in the ceiling and wall, if I need to shift some points, does it mean that we cannot do it embedded?

For example if I need to shift my SCV, power point and the whole chunk to the opposite wall, are we allowed to bury it to the floor before laying tiles? Or need to use ugly trunking?

Or in some cases, the dinning table lights?

Can share some of your experience?

Edited by OMO

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi fellow neighbours,

Currently our electrical wires are all embedded in the ceiling and wall, if I need to shift some points, does it mean that we cannot do it embedded?

For example if I need to shift my SCV, power point and the whole chunk to the opposite wall, are we allowed to bury it to the floor before laying tiles? Or need to use ugly trunking?

Not too sure bout HDB regulations with under tile condult, but it definetly no no for conceled point on the wall.... Ask your electrician to run a condult (PVC pipe enuff) before your flooring start.

May I ask, HDB has provided us with so many points, why you need to run condult under the tile?

I shifted my 13amp points and have them conceled inot the wall. though "illegal".... but who cares! long as it nice.

Hihi Oh Oh,

Thanks for sharing! :good: That's precisely why i asked that question lor. Cause i scare by the time the bath tub is filled up (by instant heater) and u soak in it, the water is not hot liao, then damm sian already. Hence would like to ask any one who have that combination (instant heater + bath tub) to share whether is it hot enough. Me still very not keen in the storage heater unless really no choice mah.

As for gas heater, didnt wanna consider that it's because of the piping too. Sian, so much decisions to be made. :D

Lol, u have the same thinking as my bf. He also feel bathroom so small put bath tub also not shiok, so he wanted a rain shower while i WANT my bath tub mah. So must fiqure whether a instant heater can do the task to statisy the both of us @ the same time or not! :good: Haha! Must find one that can support my bathtub and his rain shower!

Btw, what are u using? So u be using rainshower? Rain shower + instant heater = Enough pressure? :D

Im using 30L storage heater and rain shower in MBR. turn out the water after fitting it and seems / hear fine , not as strong as those in hotels, but suffice for me. till i try bathing in it then let you know. now in final pharse of reno.

there is also a booster available to increse the pressure of water. If Im not wrong, current pressure is @2bar. any one can confirm this?

I am still very confused about the

1) storage tank - so it run on gas or electricity?

2) Gas heater (Citygas) does not store water? I thought I saw a tank of water outside my friend's toilet and she told me thats from City gas....

:D Would appreciate any advise..Thanks!

Hihi Ms Bean,

So u installing rain shower w what type of heater? :D

Dunno yet leh , actually I still dunno where and what to start , today meet my ID to see have artwork and design 1st . I only know she call as use water tank

Hi fellow neighbours,

me also changing the SCV point too , good question tonight i ask my ID how .

ANyone remove the bomb shelter door har ? as my ID say if I want to cover the bomb shelter actually i can remove the door and keep the door inside (as when you sell away yr unit need to put back the door only) . The only problem you have to find a place for the bomb shelter door .

Edited by msbean

Hi fellow neighbours,

I also relocated my SCV points and the wires are buried below parquet platform.

As for dining lights, the wires are hidden inside my false ceiling

Edited by OnePostWonder

I also relocated my SCV points and the wires are buried below parquet platform.

As for dining lights, the wires are hidden inside my false ceiling

I dun hv false ceiling or platform , where can I hide ??

wow i never knew the bomb shelter room can be removed... the handle is making it hard to conceal it actually....

babe, what door are you doing for kitchen?

:P

hello everyone,

Me and my wife also got a unit in JM. But we are not getting keys that soon. We will be getting them in late june. Now we are looking for IDs for our flat. Anyone got good recommendations?

We went to Freespace. Was attracted by their daring design. Anyone have experience with them?

Care to share?

Thank you!

Adam :(:P

Edited by asylum_ship

it's okay, like i said i checked liao. SP will billed you when utilities are turned on the day. So, my bill is $104 only cos' $100 deposit, $4 (guess is the others)

dun talk abt bills lah.. yesterday i received my property tax bill for this flat! :notti:

it's okay, like i said i checked liao. SP will billed you when utilities are turned on the day. So, my bill is $104 only cos' $100 deposit, $4 (guess is the others)

hey nemo, where are your reno pics? long time no see.

2) Gas heater (Citygas) does not store water? I thought I saw a tank of water outside my friend's toilet and she told me thats from City gas....

:D Would appreciate any advise..Thanks!

hi,

storage heater - only electrical (altho some countries have gas storage heater). u will have a big big tank most probably in the kitchen.

instant heater - can be gas or electrical. electrical will be installed inside your bathroom. for the gas one like what you mentioned, will be installed outside the bathroom because of safety reason. there is a "tank" but it doesn't store water. it contains the heating element to heat up the water when water passes thru it.

hello everyone,

Me and my wife also got a unit in JM. But we are not getting keys that soon. We will be getting them in late june. Now we are looking for IDs for our flat. Anyone got good recommendations?

We went to Freespace. Was attracted by their daring design. Anyone have experience with them?

Care to share?

Thank you!

Adam :P:wub:

welcome. :jawdrop: but how come so late then collect keys?

Hi fellow neighbours,

I shifted my SCV points and others to the other side of the wall too. (in fact I relocated 80% of my power and lighting points.) my electrician laid them along the bare floor to the other side. this will be covered by the cement screed and tiles. let your ID know before laying of the tiles.

Edited by crazycar

:wub:

hi,

storage heater - only electrical (altho some countries have gas storage heater). u will have a big big tank most probably in the kitchen.

instant heater - can be gas or electrical. electrical will be installed inside your bathroom. for the gas one like what you mentioned, will be installed outside the bathroom because of safety reason. there is a "tank" but it doesn't store water. it contains the heating element to heat up the water when water passes thru it.

welcome. :jawdrop: but how come so late then collect keys?

I shifted my SCV points and others to the other side of the wall too. my electrician laid them along the bare floor to the other side. this will be covered by the cement screed and tiles. let your ID know before laying of the tiles.

Hi Happy,

Thanks for inviting me on Thursday. I was blur blur sleeping as I had taken cough mixture for my terrible sore throat. Hope to see you on next week. :D

Hi Crazy car & All,

This is the big big electrical storage tank run by electricity. The water is super hot and it is highly recommended by rain shower lover. Mine is only a 25L, so I would recommend a 30L for rain shower lovers.

PICT1684.jpg

Edited by Cindy-Monkeybone

:P Would appreciate any advise..Thanks!

Hi Linggie

If I am not wrong, when it comes to heaters these are the options we have:

Option 1. Instant Heaters - These are the traditional heaters that are placed inside the bathroom connected directly to the showhead.

Good: Hot water is almost instant and its hidden from public view since its inside the bathrooms

Bad: Downside is that they are not EXTREMELY HOT compared to options 2/3 and you can't get hot water at the toilet sink taps or the kitchen sink tap.

Option 2. GAS Storage heater (e.g Rinnai) - I called city gas, they dont have the free gas heater anymore :( The new batch of heaters (apparently bigger than the old ones) will be coming in April and from what I gather they are not gonna be free. i believe it does store water since they have different capacity?? Not sure....

Good: Hot water is instantaneous and you can get hot water at the toilet sink taps or the kitchen sink tap. Gd for washing face on cold days and washing oily utensils! :jawdrop:

Bad: These have to be placed at the designated place outside the common toilet as the piping has been done by HDB. Heard that the "pop" sound that can be heard when its turned on is pretty loud, not sure how true. :dunno: Also some ppl feel that having gas heat up the water is kinda dangerous (e.g leakage etc).

Option 3. ELECTRICITY Storage Heaters (e.g Ariston - 30litres) - Storage tanks which store water (duh!) and are run by electricty (again duh!)

Good: Hot water is extremely hot, you can get hot water at the toilet sink taps or the kitchen sink tap like option 2. Also no worries of gas leakage.

Bad: Hot water is stored in the big tank and thus it takes abt 10 mins for the water to heat. Believe these also have to be placed at the designated place outside the common toilet as the piping has been done by HDB. Heard that if more than 2 persons shower, the water in the tank runs out and have to wait another 10 mins before water to heat up. :)

This is what i gather from having read the forums.....Others pls feel free to correct me if i am wrong!:wub: i am planning to go for option 3.

:D

angel

afternote -- haha just realised many ppl have replied to the post on heaters while i was typing the long story above!

Edited by angel_with_an_attitude