Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Purplesky, instant heater sure can go with bath tub. the issue here, is whether the water will be hot enuff for you or not.

Imagine this..... the instant heater is basically a heating coil whereby it heats up and the water just passes thru it. After the water come out from the showerhead and into the bathtub, how long can it stay hot? whereas with a storage tank, the water (all 30L of it) is already heated up and then goes onto you tub. which is better?

An alternative will be to use the gas operated water heater, this will basically "boil" your water and you can use the mixer to adjust your temp.

Downside is that you need to have it installed out of the toilet and the gas piping has to be exposed.

then again...... bathtubs are nice and I've thought of getting one for myself too. However, looking at the size of our toilet, I dont think i would feel relaxed soaking in the tub. A rainshower will be more practical IMHO..

Hihi Oh Oh,

Thanks for sharing! !! That's precisely why i asked that question lor. Cause i scare by the time the bath tub is filled up (by instant heater) and u soak in it, the water is not hot liao, then damm sian already. Hence would like to ask any one who have that combination (instant heater + bath tub) to share whether is it hot enough. Me still very not keen in the storage heater unless really no choice mah.

As for gas heater, didnt wanna consider that it's because of the piping too. Sian, so much decisions to be made. :notti:

Lol, u have the same thinking as my bf. He also feel bathroom so small put bath tub also not shiok, so he wanted a rain shower while i WANT my bath tub mah. So must fiqure whether a instant heater can do the task to statisy the both of us @ the same time or not! !! Haha! Must find one that can support my bathtub and his rain shower!

Btw, what are u using? So u be using rainshower? Rain shower + instant heater = Enough pressure? :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thks again for everybody input on storage heater and instand heater and bathtub.

I might go for instant heater.

Please for those who gonna have bath tub, plse ask yourself how many times you were use the bath tub? 1 week once, everyday, 2 week once etc.. cos the filling up can easily hit 30L of water! That is alot!

I also have the intention of having bathtub..but then cancel off due to not everyday use it and you need to maintain it. I mean you need to scrub the tub once in a while (due to soap, etc...) It will tend to be very slippery if never maintain it.

Hi melting_starz....

We have not decided on the contractor yet....almost decided...hopefully we will decide and sign the contract by this weekend.

i agree with you! Travelling does make ppl buy things on impluse! Hubby and I ended up buying paintings, toiletries sets, mugs etc etc from Cambodia and Phillipines! Having difficulty storing everything at my in-laws place....so need to move in to JM fast! hahah

:yamseng:

oh no! so sorry angel for the late reply... just changed jobs last yr dec... honeymoon is finally over and everyday working very hard... seems to be working longer and longer hours... :( i am from 25B too! my bf had just signed up with the ID yday... how's your hunt so far? we decided on tis company cuz the contractor is one of my bf's relatives... dun worry about moving in later... cuz we are so far on the same pace ya... haha come to think of it, i nvr bought anything for my house yet... as in big stuffs...

last year went to japan after i quit previous job... travelling makes ppl buy on impulse... bought super cute cutlery from osaka kaiyukan... they have spoons and forks in the shape of marine creatures... really liked them very much... bought a few small little paintings size of A5 exercise book in nara, cheerful lil pics... and a soap dispenser from universal studio with elmo n family in it... haha still resisting the temptation to buy electronics and stuffs... still not sure abt which brand to buy also.... heard tt IT fair coming wor... maybe wait till tt time den get my stuffs...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it has been raining heavily these days... kinda worried about my hse now after reading so many replies on forum... :yamseng: somemore i am staying and working so far fr jalan membina... hope the office in 27B can quickly rectify if there's any probs... afterall we paid so much for the flat... hope they will not be so irresponsible...

Hi Simpleboi,

I see. Thanks for sharing. Yap, that's the reason why i'm thinking of switching back to using instant heater. Cos really sick of waiting for the storage heater to heat up @ my current plc also when after a few persons shower already, not enough hot water liao. But though 1 thing good abt storage heater is that they seems to be lasting longer. I mean longer lasting. My old plc using instant heater, they seems to be spolit faster than storage heater. Hmm, now i just need someone to tell me does instant heater able to go w bath tub (water hot enough to fill up the tub) and also to go w rain shower (ie able to installl together or not , and is the pressure enough?)

Any neighbours can help? :yamseng:

Hi purplesky,

Welcome :)

So u will be getting bathtub? Hehe.. if only I can have nice bathtub :(

:yamseng:

Thks again for everybody input on storage heater and instand heater and bathtub.

I might go for instant heater.

Please for those who gonna have bath tub, plse ask yourself how many times you were use the bath tub? 1 week once, everyday, 2 week once etc.. cos the filling up can easily hit 30L of water! That is alot!

I also have the intention of having bathtub..but then cancel off due to not everyday use it and you need to maintain it. I mean you need to scrub the tub once in a while (due to soap, etc...) It will tend to be very slippery if never maintain it.

Lol Happy,

U making me scare lei! :(:notti: I do think of that, in fact my bf also told me that, but up to this moment, i'm still very keen, my only fear is that if only using normal shower and not bath tub, and the part of getting in and out of it, is very troublesome and dangerous nia. If fact i thought of doing 1 bathtub, and 1 separate shower stand in the toilet, haha, but too bad our HDB flat toilet are way too small to do that unlike ang mo's house whose toilet can manage to install the 2 and still got a lot of space inside!! :~

Hi purplesky,

Welcome :)

So u will be getting bathtub? Hehe.. if only I can have nice bathtub :~

:P

Hihi Simpleboi,

Haha, i do hope so lor! Most likely will bah. !! But first must gonna make sure my instant heater can go well w both bathtub and rain shower first. If not then might change the plan liao!!

woo bathtub me also feel like having t , but i scare the bathtub put in our toilet like need small small type .

End up if i put water in the bathtub and i jump in prehap all the water will flow out lor .

woo bathtub me also feel like having t , but i scare the bathtub put in our toilet like need small small type .

End up if i put water in the bathtub and i jump in prehap all the water will flow out lor .

Lol, Ms Bean! U very funny lei! :notti::notti: So u got install rain shower or ??

Hi melting_starz....

We have not decided on the contractor yet....almost decided...hopefully we will decide and sign the contract by this weekend.

i agree with you! Travelling does make ppl buy things on impluse! Hubby and I ended up buying paintings, toiletries sets, mugs etc etc from Cambodia and Phillipines! Having difficulty storing everything at my in-laws place....so need to move in to JM fast! hahah

:notti:

we also collected our keys on 14 feb! maybe i saw you in hdb hub... hahaha most imptly u must be comfortable with ur id, can communicate well... :rofl:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maybe we should have a poll to see storage heater or instant heater is better... at my own place now, i am using instant heater, but i feel tt the heater does not heat up enuff, need to turn on really hot to get hot water? for storage heater, need to wait for ten minutes or so.... but after waiting, u can make it as hot as u wan isn't it? personally i vote for storage heater though... instant heater, u cant get hot water from tap? den if weather is very cold, wash face also feel very cold... :notti:

Hi Everybody...did you ever rec a notice from SP saying high consumption of water? Even though you still have not start the renovation?

My sister rec' the notice. I have just called the SP (1800-2222333) and will have to wait for the SP officer to call and make appointment.

But so far never see any leakage on the basin and wc area.

Anybody? What you do?

Thanks!

HAPPY

i just got my 1st bill - $107 which includes $100 deposit... cannot bear to see the consumption during reno

:) mine is $104... cheaper than you.

Hi Everybody...did you ever rec a notice from SP saying high consumption of water? Even though you still have not start the renovation?

My sister rec' the notice. I have just called the SP (1800-2222333) and will have to wait for the SP officer to call and make appointment.

But so far never see any leakage on the basin and wc area.

Anybody? What you do?

Thanks!

HAPPY

Happy

No worries, same case for me.

I have checked & SP will get the $$ from Town council for the usage used before us. SP will charge based on the day turn on. No worries, relax!:sport-smiley-004:

My sister have not started reno, water reading read from 4.2 to yesterday 126.8!

it's okay, like i said i checked liao. SP will billed you when utilities are turned on the day. So, my bill is $104 only cos' $100 deposit, $4 (guess is the others)