Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

hi all,

a newbie here, collected keys for my home a long time ago, 27b! :dancingqueen:

a few queries, pardon me neighbors

1) i noticed that i can't plug in the normal 3 pin plugs for the power socket for the washing machine. The one at the kitchen, below the pull out racks. Is it normal?

2) the plastic cover outside the kitchen toilet, we should be able to freely open and close it is it? cos i think i need to use considerable strength to open the plastic cover for the switches and power sockets.

3) if these are defects, where should i submit the defect list, given that it's quite a long time since i collected the keys?

thanks for the help in advance, paiseh for the long questions! :thumbs up:

You should also try and look out for water seepage as well if you happen to go down to your place after rain. Seems to be happening to a few of us.

You should still be able to submit the defects list to Blk 27B right? they should still be around and as long as you haven't start your renovations, you should be fine.

Edited by KhooK

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Better to play safe (take photo of the defect )fax to them and email to both HDB and Contractor . I feel contractor dun show much care on our defect like sit there wait for thing to happen .

All complain to HDB so HDB will know there is something wrong wif our area and hope they will action . (NO choice I have lost my patient with the contractor ) Normally the HDB officer will call u the nxt day .

I so angry until I challenge the officer ask him this question " How u all rectifiy fault har " can repair my choke sink without going into my hse " and "rectifiy the watermarks without using a Botola is it " > he say that the only way the contractor have to rectifiy the fault for watermarks outside the building , they cant do nothing . I tell him u better check it out with the contractor .

For me I waiting for a Black and white (by email) to tell me I can reno and rectify work is done . (delaying my reno sianz sianz)

Edited by msbean

Hi msbean, i totally agree.. feel that alot of defects for the flats... my id just went to our flat and check the defects and there is one major problem.. the pipe in the kitchen which is embedded in the wall has burst and is leaking out of the powerpoint at the washing area.. even the paint corroded.. hdb needs to hack the wall and replace the pipes.. heng i never do any reno or move in yet.. if not sure very ex to hack the stupid wall...

and few weeks back, our lving area is flooded with water due to the washing of the floors outside and the water in the living rm leaked into the rm link to the living rm...

very sianz.. the flats like not very gd quality leh.. before i move in already so many problems.. hope afte reno wun have any more problems...

this is very worrying....

especially when I dont have ID or contractor with a trained eye to spot these kind of things for me... :sport-smiley-003:

YA i also very pek chek and worry , as I also dun hv naked eye to see all fault , Only can see those very obvious .

I already 2 week ever go down already , dunno this week I go down will see what haiz haiz . I see soo many defect ,abit worry I have not check those also etc , plug , pipe

Hihi Simpleboi,

Haha, bo bian must buy early as my bf on standby this whole week, so must go buy early on last sun lor. Haha, the thing is we are not sure whether confirm can go or not yet, as he might need to go work on sun. :~ But just buy the things first lor. :sport-smiley-003:

Btw, can any one tell me (if we really can go on that day) how much bee hoon to fry for 20 - 30 pax? Cos that night we dont know must buy how many packs, ended up we brought the biggest pack which is a 3 kg pack (which is abt 7 - 8 normal packs). Come home and my mom scold me siao for buying such a big pack lei. :notti: How to gauge how much of it to fry? Sian, i also dont have such a big wok to fry the whole 3kg pack wor? :P:~ Any one knows? :)

Hi purple,

Think now also not sure how many pple coming.. also scared wait only a few..coz also dunno how much to prepare.. have to confirm the actual number too.. btw think u not frying bee hoon liao rite? :notti:

ai seh soo jiat liat arh. flooded in the hse.

hm.... how we suppose to know e water pipe leak and oso the toliet rubber spolit?

China construction reali jiat liat. We all pay soo much n yet get tis type of ting argh...

anyway the cover for the kitchen switch near the toilet is very very tight. Even u report, the will not do anything. They juz say u need to use lots of strength to force open and it will not break.... Dunno how true lah tat plastic will not break. But he did show us n it open n did not break.

But i not sure in the future will spolit or not. I heard from my reno contractor the plastic cover can be remove one.

Hi jazz,

After the plastic cover open the 1st time.. shld be easier liao :rofl: I also have trouble opening and informed them.. then they just came and opened all.. and ya.. did not break hmm.. :~

YA i also very pek chek and worry , as I also dun hv naked eye to see all fault , Only can see those very obvious .

I already 2 week ever go down already , dunno this week I go down will see what haiz haiz . I see soo many defect ,abit worry I have not check those also etc , plug , pipe

Hi msbean,

As long as got see defect then report keke..

I also keep reporting many times.. they no choice have to accept..

but ya.. they take very long to fix it.. and also didnt do it well...

Even asked me to rectify myself.. for the rubber at my main door.. he told me to buy double sided tape and do myself..... but anyway i didnt care ask them to do it :P

Hi purple,

Think now also not sure how many pple coming.. also scared wait only a few..coz also dunno how much to prepare.. have to confirm the actual number too.. btw think u not frying bee hoon liao rite? :rofl:

Hi jazz,

After the plastic cover open the 1st time.. shld be easier liao :P I also have trouble opening and informed them.. then they just came and opened all.. and ya.. did not break hmm.. :notti:

Hi msbean,

Even asked me to rectify myself.. for the rubber at my main door.. he told me to buy double sided tape and do myself..... but anyway i didnt care ask them to do it :furious:

Hi purple,

Think now also not sure how many pple coming.. also scared wait only a few..coz also dunno how much to prepare.. have to confirm the actual number too.. btw think u not frying bee hoon liao rite? :)

Hi jazz,

After the plastic cover open the 1st time.. shld be easier liao :) I also have trouble opening and informed them.. then they just came and opened all.. and ya.. did not break hmm.. :notti:

Hi msbean,

Even asked me to rectify myself.. for the rubber at my main door.. he told me to buy double sided tape and do myself..... but anyway i didnt care ask them to do it :furious:

Hi all,

New at this forum, but have been following this thread for some time now..

Just wanna add my 2 cents worth on the china construction as well. have the same problem as simple boi about the main door (we made them change the rubber) but more problems on top of tt.

Me and hubby have had problems with them since we first defects, took a long time to fix, argued with us when we were not satisfied with the repair works done. The lady who attended to us even said that actually the whole unit has alot of defects, just that we cannot spot it! (What!:P)

Anyway, have completed almost all my defects now, and doing renovations now.. It has been a fiasco man...

Someone should bring this problem up in the forum section of the Straits Times you know, and await for a response from HDB. Seeing that we all paid so much for the house (some a quarter of a milion onwards), especially since some of us are so young and making it our first home, how can the government do allow such slipshod quality of work in our homes. Highlighting the increase in prices for the people who balloted for the place and getting such a inferior house with so many defects. Not justified at all.

The quality of work does not justify the price that we're paying, makes you worry about the integrity of the house, and whether it will last the 99 years the government is 'allowing' us to lease the place until. Even thought this is not going to be a problem for most of us (to live 99 years there)

Allocating the contract of work to the lowest bidder also has to come with some common sense, whether the quality of work by the contractor is compromised by the lower bid or not, not just driven by the profit margins.

Hi purple,

Think now also not sure how many pple coming.. also scared wait only a few..coz also dunno how much to prepare.. have to confirm the actual number too.. btw think u not frying bee hoon liao rite? :~

Hi jazz,

After the plastic cover open the 1st time.. shld be easier liao :P I also have trouble opening and informed them.. then they just came and opened all.. and ya.. did not break hmm.. :P

Hi msbean,

Even asked me to rectify myself.. for the rubber at my main door.. he told me to buy double sided tape and do myself..... but anyway i didnt care ask them to do it :P

For the plastic cover, the only solution is to apply oil on the hedges to make it smooth to pull it up and down.

What you think for this solution? We cannot just ask the hdb contractor to change the casting right? And I ma sure they also wont change it for us.

Hi all,

New at this forum, but have been following this thread for some time now..

Just wanna add my 2 cents worth on the china construction as well. have the same problem as simple boi about the main door (we made them change the rubber) but more problems on top of tt.

Me and hubby have had problems with them since we first defects, took a long time to fix, argued with us when we were not satisfied with the repair works done. The lady who attended to us even said that actually the whole unit has alot of defects, just that we cannot spot it! (What!:deal:)

Anyway, have completed almost all my defects now, and doing renovations now.. It has been a fiasco man...

hmmm, actually you should go to Bt Merah branch officer to settle for you if defects are delayed and not done satisfactory. Since, is okay now, move on to concentrate on your renov. All best, ya!

Hey neighbours,

I just discover that my study room have water seepage problem too, we only found out when we saw this slight bulge on the wall and went to press it, spolit my painting, *heartache*, luckily not at my wallpaper side... Now raining heavily, dunno will discover more places anot, so worried.. Den now mine renovated liao, still can go to the contractor to ask them rectify from outside?

Aiyo..that is terrible.

Better take a pic for proof.

I think you better call your id and at the same time the hdb contractor.

See what they say first!

Anyway got pic to show us?

Hey neighbours,

I just discover that my study room have water seepage problem too, we only found out when we saw this slight bulge on the wall and went to press it, spolit my painting, *heartache*, luckily not at my wallpaper side... Now raining heavily, dunno will discover more places anot, so worried.. Den now mine renovated liao, still can go to the contractor to ask them rectify from outside?

Hey neighbours,

Oh no! Not another type of same case. :P Binzz, i hope it's not too bad for yr case, can the paint be touch up again? Maybe u can ask HDB to touch up for u? zz

Hmm, seems our flats have alot of problems! Some more are new flats! Wait staying for 1 to 2 yrs already then how? This have to fix that have to fix? :P

Hey neighbours,

argh... our block also kena :P

OMG same cases as my watermarks, better check today JM also rain very heavily

Yah lor, tonight will go back check again.. My ID also ask me to take pic and go submit to the HDB contractor, cos this is cause by exterior wall crack, thats why got water seepage.. Luckily I never do anything other than having a platform there.. But now very scared will kena my platform, sian..