Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Yeah. My house was broken into last thursday night!!!

I called the police at 1030pm and they were around till 1am, doing all CSI stuff.

Installed Alarm system already. The best part was those ******* has master keys to padlock.

My padlock was missing and they were very skillful with the irongate and wooden door.

My neighbour said he heard some loud noises and he thought we were still renovating.

Sooooo sad.

We should look out for each other more, dont feel shy wehn somethings not rite.

Just walk up to check.

Hope this will be a safer place soon.

omg they took all your thing ? Vacis have u stay inside already ?

Very scary leh , think police should put some CCTV , I alway feel unsafe while walking to my unit as there is a staircase there ( scare ppl can hide there )

How much is yr alarm system ?

Edited by msbean

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
omg they took all your thing ? Vacis have u stay inside already ?

Very scary leh , think police should put some CCTV , I alway feel unsafe while walking to my unit as there is a staircase there ( scare ppl can hide there )

How much is yr alarm system ?

Hi neighbours,

My padlock is VANNI type, seems like they have masterkeys to all so it doesnt matter if yours is Yale, Chairo, Castle, Duro, it is not foolproof. No idea how they got thru the metal gate too. Wooden gate is easy to open as the security guy showed me.

They ransack my place and took away Cash and Jewelleries only. These "KIND" souls left my electrical appliances alone.

My Alarm is from Chubb. Dont know wether can say anything here but you people can check out Cisco, Chubb, ADT systems.

Lets look out for each other and may these Ba****** get caught soon!

Lets meet up again and have a short tour again soon.

Far relative is no better than close neighbours!!!

Ya think they have all key , so scary .

that bas****** at least have some "Kind" souls .

Ya we all must be alert and help each other in looking out . Some neighbour like very "tao " leh. or maybe have generation gap (as there are my mother age gp ) . I try to smile and say hello they like hack care so sad

Vacis did u weld yr gate ?

Edited by msbean

hi fellow membinians

after reading about the security issue....it's really scary though i have not moved in yet. sorry to hear about ur situation vacis!

looking to weld/change the bolts etc of the hinges of my gate. (to improve security)

but somehow not able to locate any phone numbers to call. (and someone seem to have rip off all the advert in the lift also....alamak...) can anyone :help:

thanks! :)

E-Rehill is beside my office , just take Bus 14 can reach

heehee I bought the insurance lor when I go collect my key , they promote to me and I feel our area not so safe better to have . Maybe pay for 5 year I will cancel it as all item become old lor .

I still haven't done the welding of the the bolts and nuts of the iron gate.. Really can prevent break-in meh?

anyone following Euro 2008? :)

Hup Holland Hup! :D

Holland go to H.E.L.L :curse::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Hee...hee.. no offence, will I have to agree this year Holland & Portugal played veri well. :thumbs up::good:

E-Rehill is beside my office , just take Bus 14 can reach

heehee I bought the insurance lor when I go collect my key , they promote to me and I feel our area not so safe better to have . Maybe pay for 5 year I will cancel it as all item become old lor .

Is call E-Centre @ Redhill. I work in that building. Its beside Amway.

Yeah. My house was broken into last thursday night!!!

I called the police at 1030pm and they were around till 1am, doing all CSI stuff.

Installed Alarm system already. The best part was those ******* has master keys to padlock.

My padlock was missing and they were very skillful with the irongate and wooden door.

My neighbour said he heard some loud noises and he thought we were still renovating.

Sooooo sad.

We should look out for each other more, dont feel shy wehn somethings not rite.

Just walk up to check.

Hope this will be a safer place soon.

Oh OMG, hope u didnt loose anything expenses. :(

When we moved into our BLK last time we alway keep a look up for our neighbours, spotted a few occasions some foreign workers wonder ard our layer until I told them off. Our area got alot of foreign workers so must be careful among ourselves. :sport-smiley-003:

My advise dont put anything expensive in ur hse such as LCD, Fridge or DVD player b4 ur reno complete cos some owner tend to bring in early b4 completion and the wooden door is alway not lock. ;)

Hi Vacis,

can check since u got the alarm system up, they still manage to get in??

Actuali quite true lah "Far relative is no better than close neighbours!!!" we must help to keep a look out.

Maybe electrical appliances difficult to carry out ba tat y they left it alone. But those stay near the link way to carpark got to be careful lor coz never know those buglers will use trolley to wheel the electrical appliances all the way to their lorry or van. As there are some unit still under renovation.

Hi neighbours,

My padlock is VANNI type, seems like they have masterkeys to all so it doesnt matter if yours is Yale, Chairo, Castle, Duro, it is not foolproof. No idea how they got thru the metal gate too. Wooden gate is easy to open as the security guy showed me.

They ransack my place and took away Cash and Jewelleries only. These "KIND" souls left my electrical appliances alone.

My Alarm is from Chubb. Dont know wether can say anything here but you people can check out Cisco, Chubb, ADT systems.

Lets look out for each other and may these Ba****** get caught soon!

Lets meet up again and have a short tour again soon.

Far relative is no better than close neighbours!!!

I still haven't done the welding of the the bolts and nuts of the iron gate.. Really can prevent break-in meh?

i dun think so can prevent ...cos with lock they too can break in so wat is bolts n nuts of the gate..

i dun think so can prevent ...cos with lock they too can break in so wat is bolts n nuts of the gate..

Yep Neighbours,

I did the wielding alrite! You think its useful??? Those ASSSSS did not even break my iron gate, no scratches, no broken pieces, meaning wielding is no concern to them cos they prob have master keys to my VANNI padlock and iron gate! Surprise! Surprise!

Funny thing though, my not so frequent credit card was not taken away. They are only interested in Cash & Jewellery, something they cos dispose off easily. No discrimination but they must be those who uses cash.

My Chubb is installed for $38.80 per month for 3 years. Recommended by friend who stop after 3 years cos he said buying insurance ($100 plus per year) is much cheaper. Up to individual really.

One thing I learned from this experience, the are also lots of nice people around. Like the Chubb guy who really analyse the whole situation and explain to me how to prevent break in in the future. And of my ID. He sms me to wish me "Happy Fathers Day" on Sat, and I told him about my breakin and pre empt him cos the police are probably going to call him. You know what? He asked me if there are damages to my carpentry. I said my wooden is damaged cos those BAS***** forced it open, he actually arranged for his guy to come and mend this weekend.

No fault of his but he actually wanted to ease my suffering cos changing the main wooden door might cause me a bomb.

There are good people out there. So all neighbours, we must smile at each other more, no worries if the other dont even bother, for one, as long as you talk to me, I will spend some time to chat away!!! :notti:

Btw, I am staying at Block 26B.

Take care mates, lets meet up soon.