Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi Neighbours.....

I am sure some of you have do a extra tv point in your living room.

I wanted to have a extra tv point on the other side of the wall.

Is that possible?

I mean there will be casting running on top of the skirting from the original tv point = below window area = to the other side of the wall.

How much will that be cost? Any recommemdation? :bow::bow:

Reason is that I can shift the tv console to the other side of the wall....

:yamseng: HAPPY

Edited by h4happy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi YG,

That is what I am thinking....opposite side of the wall.

Sometime, can change position!

HAPPY

i am not sure how much is the cost..maybe $100-$200?

i dont have extra tv point, is it possible to have 2 tv point in the living room?

Hi YG,

HAPPY

call starhub and check.. nt cheap i can say~

Horrendous customer service of Samsung Contact Centre

Hi, I'm not from Jalan Membina but thought i share my nightmarish experience with Samsung.

Please avoid purchasing any Samsung products as the service level by their customer care in Toh Guan is beyond description in the English language. Your new purchase may turn into a nightmare when it breaks down.

Last Saturday, I merely wanted to purchase a replacement remote control for my LCD TV which had broken down in less than 6 months. As such, I called them at 9.30am to check and maybe rush down to purchase (They open from 8.30am – 12.30pm on Saturdays, the only day I’m available to go down to purchase) .The customer care guy told me they have to email the parts department (they claim they can’t contact them via telephone) and that the parts department will call me within half an hour. Guess what, after making 4 calls back to Samsung over 4 hours, no one actually called me back to update on my enquiry and I was pissing mad after wasting a precious Saturday waiting in vain for them to get back. furious.gif furious.gif

My repeated attempts and request to speak to the customer service manager was also met with contempt. The customer service manager seems to be avoiding taking my calls and kept saying she will call me back but guess what? I have never heard a single word from them.. furious.gif

Only after my sixth or seventh call today (Tuesday), did I managed to squeeze a reply out of them on the status of the stock availability of the remote control. I really don’t understand why it is so difficult to check on the stock availability of such a common replacement part and why they need 3 working days to communicate with their parts department (apparently in the same building) and get back to us only after repeated attempts to push them for a reply.

Samsung products may be much cheaper than their Japanese counterparts but is it worth the small difference in price to have to endure such level of service should the product in your home breaks down, I strongly doubt so.. So, please think twice or even thrice when making a decision to purchase that nice LCD TV or appliances from Samsung that you’ve been eyeing. bottom.gif

Hi YG,

HAPPY

they hv to relay wire to the oppo ma , as I have done it during my reno . so currently hv to pt but dunno did

they disable the HDB previous point and pull cable to my new point or redo a new one . Because I dunno how they do as the wire also hide inside leh ( no trunking)

Horrendous customer service of Samsung Contact Centre

Hi, I'm not from Jalan Membina but thought i share my nightmarish experience with Samsung.

Please avoid purchasing any Samsung products as the service level by their customer care in Toh Guan is beyond description in the English language. Your new purchase may turn into a nightmare when it breaks down.

Last Saturday, I merely wanted to purchase a replacement remote control for my LCD TV which had broken down in less than 6 months. As such, I called them at 9.30am to check and maybe rush down to purchase (They open from 8.30am – 12.30pm on Saturdays, the only day I’m available to go down to purchase) .The customer care guy told me they have to email the parts department (they claim they can’t contact them via telephone) and that the parts department will call me within half an hour. Guess what, after making 4 calls back to Samsung over 4 hours, no one actually called me back to update on my enquiry and I was pissing mad after wasting a precious Saturday waiting in vain for them to get back. furious.gif furious.gif

My repeated attempts and request to speak to the customer service manager was also met with contempt. The customer service manager seems to be avoiding taking my calls and kept saying she will call me back but guess what? I have never heard a single word from them.. furious.gif

Only after my sixth or seventh call today (Tuesday), did I managed to squeeze a reply out of them on the status of the stock availability of the remote control. I really don’t understand why it is so difficult to check on the stock availability of such a common replacement part and why they need 3 working days to communicate with their parts department (apparently in the same building) and get back to us only after repeated attempts to push them for a reply.

Samsung products may be much cheaper than their Japanese counterparts but is it worth the small difference in price to have to endure such level of service should the product in your home breaks down, I strongly doubt so.. So, please think twice or even thrice when making a decision to purchase that nice LCD TV or appliances from Samsung that you’ve been eyeing. bottom.gif

they are not actually samsung ppl the toh guan ppl are just sub contractors!!! that y service no QC...

Hi YG,

HAPPY

hi happy

shouldn't be a problem to do but since u already done the floor tiles and everythin, looks like the only option is to run casin above the skirtin. i planned to have tv on the side w/o the pt b4 i did my tiling so contractor help me lay the cables for the pt under my tiles.

when starthub came to activate my cable, i also ask them to test if the original pt is workin n they say it does. somehow, i think they juz use the original pt n split it to create another pt on the other side.

Hi APA and BEAN

Yes, I am referring to this.

The casting will be running above the skirting (since I have done my renovation).

Any lobang how much it cost to run extra tv point to the other side of the wall?

Any contact I can call?

Thanks neigbhours!!

HAPPY

hi happy

shouldn't be a problem to do but since u already done the floor tiles and everythin, looks like the only option is to run casin above the skirtin. i planned to have tv on the side w/o the pt b4 i did my tiling so contractor help me lay the cables for the pt under my tiles.

when starthub came to activate my cable, i also ask them to test if the original pt is workin n they say it does. somehow, i think they juz use the original pt n split it to create another pt on the other side.

dear neighbours,

Just checking, and also trying to save electricity and water, we can compare each other's and see what can we improve on

Qn: How much is ur SP services bill?

I start the ball rolling :)

Mine is abt $64 last month.

Aircon: Didnt use cos dint install aircon :P

Comment

Always on too many lights at home. I didnt off all my unused switches cos too troublesome to always off the power everyday (i know off save electricity,but can it save alot? not sure also). Anyone who off their switches everyday can let us know ur electricity bill? I use washing machine twice to 3 times per week

My bill is $75.

Nvr turn on the air con when I move in.

Switch on 1 energy bulb in my living room.

Sometimes when my kids study, then switch on the other.

If not, majority of the time switch on 1 energy bulb.

Off the standby mode and switch off when not in use (TV, radio).

Washing machine: 1 to 2 times per week.

Use private cooking gas.

Boiler switch off. Pour into termel flask.

Only fridge was on 24 hrs.

Use less vacunmm.

Also use less water.

My bill is $75.

Nvr turn on the air con when I move in.

Switch on 1 energy bulb in my living room.

Sometimes when my kids study, then switch on the other.

If not, majority of the time switch on 1 energy bulb.

Off the standby mode and switch off when not in use (TV, radio).

Washing machine: 1 to 2 times per week.

Use private cooking gas.

Boiler switch off. Pour into termel flask.

Only fridge was on 24 hrs.

Use less vacunmm.

Also use less water.

****.. ours was like double of u guys =( somemore onli 2 of us living!

=( must be the PC (x2) + (TV) + Aircon (x1)

i think i have to do somehting already ........ haiz

Hi all...

long long time didn't logi n here liao...

keheheh havn't apply internet service yet. anyway can recommend to apply starhub or singnet? Does any one know nay promo for starhub if we get all service from them. Like home fone, cable tv n internet service?

As for PUB heehee looking at tis mth bill coz last mth they est. one which is $40 bucks :P

Edited by jazznpop