Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
km_foo

Renovation Contractors, Not Id

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi guys, i can recommend you a contractor. previously I've use his service few years back to do my house. workmanship good, reliable and no hidden cost. recently bump into him and saw his design and was very impressive. as for the price is cheap and reasonable too. I've already recommend a few of my friend to him. :)

Hi, can you kindly pm me your contractors details. thks.

My email is yokeyee2002@yahoo.com

Edited by RayneAuYong

Sharing my experience. I engaged a contractor too, after sourcing through many IDs. Contractor cheaper than IDs for same work done. Reno has started, hope it completes well too. So far so good. Good workmanship and very responsive. Got pics in my t-blog. pm me if you want his contact number.

hi, can pm me this contact. Thanks

Just gotten keys to my new flat. Anyone engaged Boon Jie Building & Construction before? Please share your experience. Thanks.

I had engaged thian boon, aka boon jie after reading positive reviews about the quality of their work. However, right after contract was signed, they started to disappear on us. We would call both father and son a few times each day, for up to one week, before they finally agreed to meet us at their office. After choosing whatever we wanted, the tiles, color and materials for kitchen etc, THE FATHER PROMISED US THAT WORK WILL MOVE VERY FAST AFTER WE CHOSE THE MATERIALS., and told us we can move in mid-oct 14. However the work schedule became unbearably slow. Most times when we went down in the day to check on the progress, there was only 1 worker there or no one there at all (11am weekday). Promises made were not kept, and in spite of us making ourselves available to their schedule to meet up, they did not turn up and made us wait a whole evening while I called frantically for a few hours with calls going unanswered and unreturned. After almost 2 mths, our flat is still at the post-hacking stage with some tiles in and plastering done. the kitchen and toilets are empty shells and flooring (he say the supplier delay shipment) not done. Their quote were not even the cheapest one we got, but still we decided to use them because we thought their quality would be better. But everyday since then we have regretted our decision..

Totally agree with cliona.

Likewise, we have signed with Thian boon/ Boon jie. Our flat took total 4 mths before it was completed! The bulk of things like tiling, toilets, wardrobes, false walls, electrical works n lighting were done in the 1st calender mth. Needless to say we were impressed.

Just 2 discuss weeks ago, when there

were small defects that need rectifying, calls, whatsapp, sms to both father n son went unanswered. Seeking their understanding to help rush the pending stuffs fell into dead ears. We were all polite n understanding throughout.

At first when we meet to quotations etc have noticed the father will frequently have incoming calls but he would ignore them. We thought at first was the respect n the uninterrupt attention he would like to give us, it was later after reno started that we realised that was his pattern. Once i saw his lorry downstairs my flat during reno and i went up to see the progress etc n spoke to the worker whom said David is downstairs. Called his mobile on the way down but didn't answer,and then saw him near his parked lorry. No choice since i caught him, he gotta talk to me on the pending issues and answer my queries.

Fastforward to just 2 weeks ago, when both father n son did not respond to husband and my calls n messages really is overboard. Mesaaged an ultimatum to both of them that since they were not interested to continue the the renovation, we shall deem the project as completed and the 40+k paid till date will b taken as full n final settlement of the project.

At this pt we still owe him the last payment. Such a coincidence, the son replied "??" "My dad already schedule wed", which was 2 more days from that day.

With no more patience anymore, i informed them formally that all small defects previously i close both eyes n accept, now they have to rectify all of them! Think all bottom kitchen cabinet doors splattered with acid, leaving unremovable water mark-like stains, which were made doubly obvious with our black laminates, small chip offs of my wardrobe laminates, water pipe only paint front n back unpainted. As a form of compensation, I told them I also want additional shelves to be added to my top n bottom hanging compartments for both wardrobes, 5 in total of which 4 was color laminates.

They were able to fix n rectify all in 2 weeks! We just settled our final payment with them.

I need a contractor as well. A reliable solid one. Preferably within budget as well.

Can PM me contractors? 4rm resale flat 102sqm. Requires full hacking. Will engage the same contractor for my parents new bto that will be out hopefully in March/April next year.

I've budget concerns but I want good worksmanship. Kindly recommend a few contractors plz thanks..

Hi,

I am currently looking for contractor. Do you all have any reasonable and reliable contractor to share?

Pls pm me or email me at yvonne_nxl@hotmail.com. Thank lots

If anyone needs recommendation, i will recommend Mr Ng from calvary carpentry. I have done my timber renovation under his service. This is the decks i have done from his company. Excellence workmansip and customer services.

eaobvt.jpg

Hi, how much did you pay for the timber flooring? Thx

Can anyone can PM me a reliable and affortable contractors as I am in tight budget. I am looking for contractors to:

1) supply and install kitchen cabinet with installation of hob and hood, basin with plumbing work, Sliding door between kitchen and living room

2) contractors that supply and install tempered glass shower screen for toilet master bedroom, window for the service yard

3) electrician to install all the lightings for my coming 4rm flat, 2 x water heater in both toilet.

4) capentry work for master bedroom wardrob and rise platform