Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
km_foo

Renovation Contractors, Not Id

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hmmm, actually the pricing between contractor and ID really had a big differents? i got a quote before from a contractor and ID somehow or rather the different is not much and ID still got free 3D and space planning etc. Contractor are like very straight forward. can can, cannot cannot. which i don't like.

Edited by ardenang

Not sure if this is the right place to post but anyways im just helping my uncle out

He's a carpenter and he owns a factory/workshop in malaysia helping many ID firms do up their customer's carpentry.

If you are interested in contacting him PM me!

Cheers! :sport-smiley-018:

Hi,

I guess nowadays a lot of contractors all under the IDs who act as the middleperson to give an overall package to customers.

As for me, I had my own idea on how my new place will look like and partly to try saving some $$ so I source out my own contractor through "shopping" around my areas and by chance i met this current contractor who just finished the renovations work for one of my future neighbours! I look at the work and to make sure that he is reliable and good, I even met up with this neighbor and get comments from him! Haha..

In the end, I engage him and now happily undergoing the renovation..so far he has been very positive and good attitude. You need me to recommend, just Pm me. Good luck! smile.gif

Hi can send me details of your renovation contractor? Tried to PM you but unable to send. Thanks. Please do PM or email me at karentan84@gmail.com

hi km-foo, i can recommend my contractor to you if you are keen. i used his service for my house 8 years ago and will be using him again for my new house.

initially i wanted to try out ho bee since he is so highly recommended in this forum. they gave me a quote and after comparing, my first contractor's quote is still cheaper so i stayed with him.

he is very reliable and honest, just like patrick. the only thing is i have to keep chasing him for quotation (i think he is very busy). his carpentry work are also of very good quality, all my carpentry work in the old house is still going strong except for scratches and stickers all over (done by my kids).

pm me if you want his contact number.

Hi
Are you able to send me the details of the renovation contractor that you recommend? Tried PM you but unable to send the message. Thanks

Appreciate anyone who have renovation contractor can PM me the details or email me at karentan84@gmail.com

Urgently need a renovation contractor to start work end of this month.

Thanks.

Can share ..... but you need to clear your box first :) Received error msg stating that you can't receive any new messages.

Can share?

Here to recommend a contractor whom my family has been using for decades. My parents HDB was purchased 23years ago and the apartment was renovated by Pagoda Building Contractor: Alan. I have no idea what they were called 23years ago, but now they are called Pagoda Building Contractor.

The things that he build really last (i don't mean NEW now) but as in it is durable at least especially for the kitchen cabinet. Jo (his son) is currently liaising on his behalf and he is prompt in his response too. It is just a family business I think but with very good and experience workforce I feel.

Fast forward to 2012 when I received keys to my HDB, is only natural that I went back to the same contractor. Alan knew that I was really on a tight budget, very tight. So for every suggestions that I think I can do, he will also remind me that "erm this is more expensive" or "if you wanna hack walls, that require a PE and the cost for engaging a PE is already $x etc etc". Very honest person also.

The thing I spent most during my renovation is the kitchen cabinet (flooring using the HDB ones - big regret). Based on Alan's experience, he advices that the kitchen cabinet sink area has to use cement (he told me those contractor promise you what solid wood what wood etc all can last are all lies). Okay, I don't believe whoever says what, I believe in what I see, used and experienced for the past 23years in my parents house where the kitchen sink is still standing strong. So yes, cement it shall be.

Okay anyway, all I did was a very very simple renovation at only 4 digit Sing Dollars but are quality products even though simple:
- Kitchen cabinet (just the bottom, L-Shape) solid wood, cement at sink area

- Service Yard Windows

- 2 Shower Screens

- Change the toilet doors

Everything else DIY.

- Lights installed by dad

- Mirror cabinet installed by dad & hb

- Painting by everyone

- Wall shelves installed by hb

Anw, after I changed my toilet door, my dad like it and change it for his own flat too. :)

Edited by dinitegrity

I'm currently using a direct contractor to do up my whole 5 rooms flat in punggol. Overall price very reasonable and workmanship very statisfactory. Anybody interested can PM me for his contact.

Hi BooBooBotak,

Can you please pm me the contractor's contact,

thank you very much!!!! :lol:

hi km-foo, i can recommend my contractor to you if you are keen. i used his service for my house 8 years ago and will be using him again for my new house.

initially i wanted to try out ho bee since he is so highly recommended in this forum. they gave me a quote and after comparing, my first contractor's quote is still cheaper so i stayed with him.

he is very reliable and honest, just like patrick. the only thing is i have to keep chasing him for quotation (i think he is very busy). his carpentry work are also of very good quality, all my carpentry work in the old house is still going strong except for scratches and stickers all over (done by my kids).

pm me if you want his contact number.

Hi...Please pm me your Contractor number and Company name, i'm interested!!

Thank you very much!!!

Hi, anyone hv any gud Reno Contractor please pm/email me their contacts, i may start to renovate my resale flat coming may 2015

Thank you thank you!!!:bow:

Forget to indicate my email:

shareneloo21@gmail.com

I have just completed renovation for my 2 bedroom condo. Did not engage an ID as I feel that they tend to overcharge. Besides, my hubby and I had a rough idea of what we wanted. We were very satisfied with the service and workmanship provided by our contractor Andy. He is a very friendly and easy-going guy and really enthusiastic. We had heard horror stories of sloppy work, MIA contractors but ours is completely trustworthy. He constantly vets the work done by his workers and makes sure everything is done to perfection for us. He deals with everything from balcony decking, curtains/blinds, carpentry and settled the plumbing/electrical work/lighting etc. House renovation was a breeze with him around. His quotation is probably not the cheapest in the market but it is definitely of good value. Besides, he is really knowledgeable and has a wealth of experience which was very useful when it comes to fine-tuning what we had in mind and giving us new practical ideas. He claims he doesn't have much experience with Scandinavian theme, but he came up with nice tiled walls and a very Scandi-looking study room for us. Message me if you want his contact. He's very genuine in his work, so we will appreciate if you only contact him when truly interested. :)

Hi iskiestan,

can you send me your contractor? My email is beruang.ndut@gmail.com

Thanks

I am new to renotalk. I wish to remodel my kitchen and common toilet.

I also want to have a wall featured in the living room with suspended tv console. Paint the whole house (5 room flat).

I had a contractor do site visiting and below was what he had quoted to me. Please advise if his pricing is reasonable.

1 Supply and lay homogenerous floor tiles at kitchen. 1,200.00

2 Supply and lay homogenerous wall tiles at kitchen. 2,862.00

3 To construct 14ft L-shape concrete sink/stove with tiles finishing. 1,540.00

4 To supply and install 14ft India Granite surface for kitchen worktop. 1,820.00

5 Design and fabricate 14ft bottom kitchen cabinets. 1,540.00

6 To construct kitchen cabinet bases (1 = 4'6" and 1 = 6') 320.00

7 Design and fabricate long kitchen cabinet 4'6" 1,104.00

8 Design and fabricate 12ft top and bottom kitchen cabinets. 1,440.00

9 To supply and install 6ft India Granite surface for kitchen worktop. 780.00

10 To construct kitchen entrance kerb. 120.00

11 To supply and install stainless steel pipes at common toilet and kitchen toilet. 1,100.00

12 Supply and lay homogenerous floor tiles and wall tiles at common toilets. 2,174.00

13 To supply and install toilet bowl at common toilet. 350.00

14 To supply and install wash basin at common toilet. 160.00

15 To box up 8ft sewage pipes with partition and PVC board at common toilet. 720.00

16 To box up 8ft sewage pipes with partition and PVC board at master toilet. 750.00

17 Provide ICI/Nippon paint service for whole unit. 1,450.00

18 Design and fabricate 8ft suspended TV console in hall. 1,040.00

19 Design and fabricate 8ft wall feature panel (craftstone or ledgestone) in hall. 2,300.00

20 To supply and install 1no Pd door at common toilet. 580.00

21 To supply and install 3nos Veneer doors for 3nos bedroom. 1,080.00

22 To supply and install wrought iron at main door. 640.00

And I forgot the hacking

Provide hacking & dismantling service for existing kitchen and common toilet floor tiles 2,760.00

and wall tiles; existing concrete sink & stove support and ktichen cabinets c/w

clear debris service.

Please advice as I am like pulling my hair out with the total 27 000 dollar quote and it is not even the whole house.

Anyway I chose the materials and design myself.

It seems pretty reasonable price. Do you mind to share your contractor? My email is beruang.ndut@gmail.com