Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Kancheong King... Where To Hold Customary Dinner?

Hey Phantom, if you looking at Fridays or Sundays, the min table requirement is 32. Only Saturdays min table is 35. Maybe you can arrange for customary on Saturday then Sunday dinner...that's what we did too cos we couldn't meet the min table requirement for Saturdays and the price per table on Sat is much higher too...

Ya banquet prices usually revise upwards every year...it's unthinkable what the prices will be 5 years down the road....maybe per table about 1.5K?? Vomit blood...

Ya my hubby too....i was quite surprised by his attitude on our ROM day....he coordinated everything and gave instructions so he was practically running here and there....i only had to go around and mingle with my friends...haha....

Diva....you xin ku now but on actual day, leave everything to your hubby....you just had to look pretty and entertain your guests on that day.... :notti:

i'm looking a a Saturday / Sunday date.. unfortunately... all the dates just DON"T LOOK GOOD fengshui wise for use... from july to nov 2008 ... so no choice... the intercon date we want is a sat date...

so can't liao..

likelihood is Jan 2009 Date...

18th months in advance... no choice..

lol....

i think when 3 years down the road.. min is 1288 ++ range...

Ya then prices start to come down again and ppl start to hold dinners again...haha

everyone will go to hold dinners at restaurants.. or open air.. **** tail / buffet style..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i'm looking a a Saturday / Sunday date.. unfortunately... all the dates just DON"T LOOK GOOD fengshui wise for use... from july to nov 2008 ... so no choice... the intercon date we want is a sat date...

so can't liao..

lol....

everyone will go to hold dinners at restaurants.. or open air.. **** tail / buffet style..

Wah if you're looking at 2009 then now is too early already....but the good thing is you are planning in Jan 09, so you might be able to negotiate with the hotel to extend the 08 package to you since your wedding is within the 1st qtr of 09....

Wah if you're looking at 2009 then now is too early already....but the good thing is you are planning in Jan 09, so you might be able to negotiate with the hotel to extend the 08 package to you since your wedding is within the 1st qtr of 09....

wah lao eh.. co.cktail is also a dirty word?? ...

lol... we wanted nov 08 date.. but all the dates not swee for us...

then oct.. also not good.. dec cannot..

august is 7th ghost month..

july also cannot..

so no choice jan...

ha ha ha ha ha

yeah.. lock in the prices first..

jus settle the banquet and 1 ting off ur mind

otherwise all those hot dates will be taken again :notti:

ya lor... anyway.. 1 1/2 year.. plenty of time to save money..

ya lor... anyway.. 1 1/2 year.. plenty of time to save money..

Ya that's a good thing actually...haha...

yup

i booked mine in aug Yr 2005

AD in sept Yr 2006

and i was told most of the dates taken up already!

yup

i booked mine in aug Yr 2005

AD in sept Yr 2006

and i was told most of the dates taken up already!

Haha hey ya lor....nowadays ppl very ks hor....i went to book my date last Nov and Dec for banquet in Feb 08 with the hotel, the coordinator still told me...wah your date still far, still early lah can still look around...heng we put our deposit first man...if not, cannot get the date we want liao...

Haha hey ya lor....nowadays ppl very ks hor....i went to book my date last Nov and Dec for banquet in Feb 08 with the hotel, the coordinator still told me...wah your date still far, still early lah can still look around...heng we put our deposit first man...if not, cannot get the date we want liao...

kaoz... AIR... like that you book 2years in advance!?

talk abt kiasu :notti:

kaoz... AIR... like that you book 2years in advance!?

talk abt kiasu :help:

Ehh i where got kiasu? I book in Nov- Dec 06 leh....it's only 1yr and 2 months in advance hor...not 2 years...phantom, i think u are really not feeling well....it's affecting your calculation ability...:notti: :notti:

Ehh i where got kiasu? I book in Nov- Dec 06 leh....it's only 1yr and 2 months in advance hor...not 2 years...phantom, i think u are really not feeling well....it's affecting your calculation ability...:notti: :notti:

i think so... crazy..

Hi Fifi, yes, it's four seasons and it's the gold and black theme. The coordinators felt it was very "gala". We had a lovely experience, not only with the service, but also the pillar-less ballroom and all other facilities.

Hi Air, yup, FS is >1k per table last year. (excluding alcohol). And typically, bargaining for alcohol related perks are almost impossible. Can remember how much wine we took from them, go back check the invoice.

When we did our rounds, we also shortlisted intercon, coz of the huge bell shaped windows (just like FS). But it isnt cheap either. So we took FS instead, for the size of the ballroom (30 tables just nice).

My collegue who attended a wedding at intercon 2 yeras ago, still remembered their splendid sharkfin's soup. Not sure it's it's still so good now.

oriental got wavie the corkage for wines meh?? :unsure: how come in the link below stated "SGD 25.00 per bottle will be levied for wine and champagne brought in for consumption during the wedding celebration"?? :bangwall:

http://www.mandarinoriental.com/hotel/509000282.asp

i think she saw wrongly liao lah. you click on the link i shown you above. if oriental has such perk then they'll spoil the hotel market. there's association who control such alcoholic drinks. :jawdrop:

good for you! :sport-smiley-004:

oriental excludes printing of inserts whereby swissotel includes the printing of inserts. wow, free! :yamseng:

how come oriental doesn't have complimentary valet parking for bridal car? so where do you park your bridal car? :bangwall:

Got lah.. what you said all have... these are my perks stated in contract... only inserts.. but inserts can cost how much.. compare to FOC corkage.. i rather get FOC Corkage.. Inserts can self print.

8. PARKING FACILITIES

8.1 Two (2) VIP carpark lots at the Hotel’s entrance for bridal car.

10. SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS

The Hotel will provide the following additional special arrangements:-

Ï Free flow of beer throughout the event

Ï Complimentary food tasting of 10 persons

Ï Corkage waived for all duty paid wine & hard liquor brought in

Ï Complimentary usage of 2 x LCD projectors

Ï Dry-ice will be provided during first march-in

hai. actually for me i regreted agreeing for a banquet. brides will have wonderful weddings n memories. mine har..starting of a nightmare? :sport-smiley-004:

don't say that lah. i'm sure you'll have a wonderful and memorable wedding. :bangwall: btw, your hb is really so lazy meh?? :unsure:

so can't liao..

lol....

wow, you're planning AD on jan 2009 and now you start looking around liao huh! a bit kiasu leh. :yamseng: you can start to book on jan 2008 mah. have you ever considered jan 2008? :bangwall:

wow, you're planning AD on jan 2009 and now you start looking around liao huh! a bit kiasu leh. :sport-smiley-004: you can start to book on jan 2008 mah. have you ever considered jan 2008? :yamseng:

korea.. your missing my point.. i said that i was looking for july to nov dates but none seems good for me and my wife and immediate family.. so no choice we have to look at 2009 jan/feb.

jan 2008 already booked up for most hotels.. and we don't wanna rush... so thats out.

Got lah.. what you said all have... these are my perks stated in contract... only inserts.. but inserts can cost how much.. compare to FOC corkage.. i rather get FOC Corkage.. Inserts can self print.

8. PARKING FACILITIES

8.1 Two (2) VIP carpark lots at the Hotel’s entrance for bridal car.

10. SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS

The Hotel will provide the following additional special arrangements:-

Ï Free flow of beer throughout the event

Ï Complimentary food tasting of 10 persons

Ï Corkage waived for all duty paid wine & hard liquor brought in

Ï Complimentary usage of 2 x LCD projectors

Ï Dry-ice will be provided during first march-in

GCW don't wanna waive corkage for us on wine.. lol.. they keep saying their package very cost price already... :unsure: