Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kyle Tan

Need a recommendation for an Architect

Hi folks,

I’m new to this forum. I was researching on rebuilding/renovating my landed property when I stumbled onto this site.

I’m hoping to get some recommendations for an Architect who can help me out either in rebuilding the current Semi-D or to build an extension or add a mezzanine floor(preferred) to the existing structure. 

It will be terrific if you can also include your experience with that Architect. TIA!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Build a mezzanine floor depends on whether your current floor to floor height have enough clear or not. The legal clearance for floor to ceiling is 2.4m. So if you do not have at least 5.2m of floor to floor height for any of the storey, you can’t add a mezzanine. 
since you want to do such extensive work like extensions and mezzanine, better to just tear down and rebuild. At least you won’t have any existing structural limitations to work around. 

On 4/28/2021 at 7:41 PM, snoozee said:

Build a mezzanine floor depends on whether your current floor to floor height have enough clear or not. The legal clearance for floor to ceiling is 2.4m. So if you do not have at least 5.2m of floor to floor height for any of the storey, you can’t add a mezzanine. 
since you want to do such extensive work like extensions and mezzanine, better to just tear down and rebuild. At least you won’t have any existing structural limitations to work around. 

If i have a room (on the top floor) with 5 metre height to the underside of the roof and just want to add a loft, can i just call these loft builders such as Mezzaninessingapore to construct or do i need regulatory approvals?

2 hours ago, Topline said:

If i have a room (on the top floor) with 5 metre height to the underside of the roof and just want to add a loft, can i just call these loft builders such as Mezzaninessingapore to construct or do i need regulatory approvals?

if your loft is more than 5 sqm, you will need BCA approvals. meaning a PE to design the structure and do the submissions, etc