Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Watch Out For Formula One !

Watch out folks, its been "confirmed by a reliable source" that Sillyporeans will get to enjoy 5 years of F1 Racing..

Likely to be around Sept every year, what does that mean for us?

-Road closures around City area

-More Traffic Jams

-Likelihood that ppl traffic will be high before and after the event as tourists come early to shop and holiday or stay back to do so after the F1

-Rentals of hotel rooms to go up

-Likelihood of ppl booking hotel rooms to watch the F1

-Weddings at affected areas to get affected by price increases (i won't be surprise if its a 10% increase onwards)

-Please try not to hold weddings around Sept. (If you still need to ask why.. please knock your head and read from the top again) :sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hengz! was planning for 20.09.2009 initially... now changed to end 2008 or early 2009 liao =)

hengz! was planning for 20.09.2009 initially... now changed to end 2008 or early 2009 liao =)

i thought you already planned your AD on 20 jan 2009 at grand plaza park royal?? :dunno:

phantom say near cny leh. so might change to 2008 lo.

erm, you booked liao can change meh? your hotel allows you to do that? :dunno: but in the first place, have you booked your AD venue liao a not? :dunno:

erm, what it has to do with phantom? :unsure:

better.. prices likely to increase

erm, you booked liao can change meh? your hotel allows you to do that? :dunno: but in the first place, have you booked your AD venue liao a not? :dunno:

erm, what it has to do with phantom? :unsure:

haven't booked. no time to go down. in fact my hubby still at work & me waiting for him to come home :bleah:

nothing to do wif phantom lah hahaha. it's to do wif CNY.

erm, what it has to do with phantom? :dunno:

because i'm the groom?

lol :unsure:

just kidding...

haven't booked. no time to go down. in fact my hubby still at work & me waiting for him to come home :dunno:

nothing to do wif phantom lah hahaha. it's to do wif CNY.

oh, i see. but i read in your wedding blog and you stated your AD date (20 jan 2009) and venue (grand plaza park royal) liao so i thought you've confirmed everything liao lor. haha. :)

so only the date you want to change lor. what about the venue? :unsure:

because i'm the groom?

lol :bleah:

just kidding...

erm, not funny lor. :dunno:

oh, i see. but i read in your wedding blog and you stated your AD date (20 jan 2009) and venue (grand plaza park royal) liao so i thought you've confirmed everything liao lor. haha. :dunno:

so only the date you want to change lor. what about the venue? :unsure:

erm, not funny lor. :dunno:

hahaha...guess the way i phrased my prev post was too misleading lah.

anywayz, i'm not tt particular abt the date/venue... cos it's more for him lah (cos my side taking <6 tables). more or less confirmed on GPPH since he likes it & i'm too lazy to hunt for more, except tt we will be gg for grand copthorne wedding show on 29th.

anywayz, i'm not tt particular abt the date/venue... cos it's more for him lah (cos my side taking <6 tables). more or less confirmed on GPPH since he likes it & i'm too lazy to hunt for more, except tt we will be gg for grand copthorne wedding show on 29th.

wahahahah.. see you there lah.. lol..

if i were you, i'll choose GPPR instead of GCW. my sister had her ROM at GPPR and the food is nice lor. we ever went to see GCW ballrooms and faint manz. after one viewing and we don't like liao esp the inconvenient location! :dunno:

the guests sure complain about the location and some may end up not turning up. :unsure:

better.. prices likely to increase

U r rite...in fact, a few hotels have offered to let me book for late 2009 provided i pay extra $20nett for one table each based on 2008 pricings...but of cos i wont be booking so early mah. How i noe they can accept bookings so early??!??! I only emailed to ask when 2009 pricings will be out loh :yamseng: Opps, i plan mine in Sep 2009 :good: I must go chk the F1 route first already....if suay suay kenna, i tink i will change to Oct or Nov already :notti:

Hey...F1 calendar ends at Oct. Singapore race should be second last logically speaking after Japan and China then from Sg to Brazil the last race.

The route would be in town and impacted area would be Suntex, Marina front and city hall area, the grand stand most likely to be at the Singapore Flyers area so will be the pit lane.

As for the hotel price...sure increase during that period as that is one avenue for the government to make money or rather fund the project and for the resources to managed all the traffic as ours would be a street race circuit.

Many countries do that, extra tax on the hoteliers and thus passed on to consumers.

I am all excited, personally watched 2 races LIVE...and a F1 fan....sure go watch LIVE.

Plan your wedding after Oct is safer or before Sept....as the prep work will also cause inconvenience to your guests as its a night race they need to erect lamp posts, fixed barriers, chicanes, etc followed by safety checks, FIA test run, team free practice for 2 days then qualifiers and actual race and it will take the next day or 2 to dismantle and revert back to original state.

Cheers