Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gingar

Rom Hi Tea

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I checked their site.. their business hours.. 11am to 3.00pm (Lunch) and 6pm to 11pm (Dinner).

sighz

since ROM is near fort canning so probably you can dine at fort canning. :) your guests also don't need to travel so far, right. :bow:

there's a chinese restaurant and a buffet cafe at fort canning. :bow:

there's this restaurant near ROM... jus dwn the road towards the Fire engine station.. cnt recall name of plc offhand.. but seen many pple hold their solemnisation there as well.. go check it out! :sport-smiley-004: or u cld go to excelsior hotel dwn the road... or chjimes?

Edited by candyprincess

erm, i guess you all have read wrongly. gingar said that she'll be having her ROM at the registry at 2.15pm. it means that she's not going to have her ROM outside. probably, she was asking where should her guests go to after her ROM. :sport-smiley-004:

hi gingar, first of all, congrats to u & ur HTB~

if im not wrong, there's an eatery near ROM itself. ur guests can proceed to the place straightaway after the solemnization while u take some pics in fort canning itself.

we held our reception after solemnization at tea house (chinasquare). a bit paiseh cos they had to wait till the dimsum buffet time starts (3pm onwards & our solemnization was 1.35pm). oso a bit troublesome (cos gotta charter bus to ferry them to chinasquare), plus the food was a bit cold.

anyway ROM at fort canning is the best cos can take loads of pics in the place... :sport-smiley-004:

hi gingar, first of all, congrats to u & ur HTB~

if im not wrong, there's an eatery near ROM itself. ur guests can proceed to the place straightaway after the solemnization while u take some pics in fort canning itself.

we held our reception after solemnization at tea house (chinasquare). a bit paiseh cos they had to wait till the dimsum buffet time starts (3pm onwards & our solemnization was 1.35pm). oso a bit troublesome (cos gotta charter bus to ferry them to chinasquare), plus the food was a bit cold.

anyway ROM at fort canning is the best cos can take loads of pics in the place... :notti:

there're only 2 choices. change the ROM to outside then can have the reception at one shot or make a reservation at fort canning to have the reception so that will not cause any inconvenience to the guests. :sport-smiley-004:

we were in delimma too when we ROM. we couldn't decide whether to have our ROM done at the registry or outside. so finally, we decided to hold our ROM at carlton hotel so that our guests can have their reception at carlton hotel ballroom straight after our ROM. :bangwall:

Carlton food is good is it?

our ROM was a package by carlton hotel. we chose the lunch buffet and was served in the ballroom. my hb and i didn't eat much that day b'cos too nervous and embarrassed liao. so, the food we ate didn't have much taste in our mouth! haha. :P

but our guests didn't give any negative comments on the food leh. so, i assume the food was not bad. 8| actually, we wanted to hold our AD at carlton hotel b'cos during our ROM the hotel had given us some perks for AD but too bad the perks had expired liao. so, we didn't sign up with carlton. :)

my ROM is at the registry @ 2.15pm, any suggestions where we can go with 20-30pax, for a little food after that?

Dat time for my ROM, i went Excelsior hotel Rivercity restaurant for dim sum buffet. I had 3 tables, 30 ppl loh. Total bill abt $320 lidat...eat until vomit :notti:

Dat time for my ROM, i went Excelsior hotel Rivercity restaurant for dim sum buffet. I had 3 tables, 30 ppl loh. Total bill abt $320 lidat...eat until vomit :disturb:

wow, ate until vomit? you mean ate too full liao or the dim sum not nice? :yamseng:

Dat time for my ROM, i went Excelsior hotel Rivercity restaurant for dim sum buffet. I had 3 tables, 30 ppl loh. Total bill abt $320 lidat...eat until vomit !!

i oso had my ROM dinner at excelsior

coz my ROM timing was 345pm

so after photo taking etc is close to 6pm liaoz

then my family and relatives some went shopping abit, some went back home a while and after dat we met for dinner

cost abt $200 per table and we have 3 tables too

the food is quite unique though portion abit small :notti:

good in the sense that those who didnt take leave to attend our ROM joined us for the dinner and had sort of a mini yam seng :P

wow, ate until vomit? you mean ate too full liao or the dim sum not nice? :sport-smiley-004:

apparently is eat until too full liao lah...

excelsior's food not bad ok...

Dat time for my ROM, i went Excelsior hotel Rivercity restaurant for dim sum buffet. I had 3 tables, 30 ppl loh. Total bill abt $320 lidat...eat until vomit :sport-smiley-004:

wow that's very affordable leh