Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
limos

My Glass Hob Broke!

while boiling water this morning, it broke! no more warranty. its 18 months. called my ID to make noise coz he is the one who intro Delizia to us. he said the guy from mayer will come down to inspect tomorrow. wonder can have a 1 to 1 exchange or not. :notti:

516371.jpg

516370.jpg

516372.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
while boiling water this morning, it broke! no more warranty. its 18 months. called my ID to make noise coz he is the one who intro Delizia to us. he said the guy from mayer will come down to inspect tomorrow. wonder can have a 1 to 1 exchange or not. :dunno:

516371.jpg

516370.jpg

516372.jpg

:notti:

Tats bad! Wah....no wonder my contractor dun recommend us glass hob...since I am quite a

heavy user in the kitchen....

Hope u will hv a 1 to 1 exchange...if not, dun change bk a glass hob though they r nicer!

I've heard dat Mayer has quite a few cases like this. Wat i rem for Mayer is, the first time ur glass hob pi jia, they will replace for free. If pi jia a 2nd time, no more free replacement. Best to chk with them....Im using a Cuizino glass hob for 8mths, so far so good. But then, im not a heavy user for sure. So far, only used a few times for boiling soups for abt 4-5hrs. Other times, i only cook spag, maggi mee & porridge.

Candyprincess, if u r a heavy user, then u have to be careful with glass hob. After cooking, dun clean immediately, let it cool down. And nv ever place hot woks on the glass surface. Mayb other heavy users can comment on glass hob's practicality?

Edited by cheesecake

thing about glass is that not sharp object should ever come into contact with the surface e.g. point of knife etc

the glass is compromised but is not visible to the naked eye. then when the condition is 'ripe' e.g. heat or weight the glass will shatter.

this advice was given to me by the turbo salesperson :dancingqueen:

waaa looks quite bad leh... hmmm eh heavy user nt recommended ahh??? we're aiming for the ariston glass hob leh... hmmmm

Ariston only has steel hob.. the glass hob are another of mayer brand , Delizia.

hmm no the brand is ariston cost 1.8k nw promo 1.6k nt delizia.. all black de... hmmm guess mus check with other brand sellers ... see what they say hehe

1 month back when I went Mayer, they told me Ariston no glass hob.....

thing about glass is that not sharp object should ever come into contact with the surface e.g. point of knife etc

the glass is compromised but is not visible to the naked eye. then when the condition is 'ripe' e.g. heat or weight the glass will shatter.

this advice was given to me by the turbo salesperson :wub:

Applefreak is right to this point. This is a very common problem not only with Mayer. To add on to Applefreak's point, it may not be only cause from careless or negligence usage, but also the production of the tempered glass. Many now are produced either in Taiwan or China. I'm not saying they are no good but during the production, some air bubbles might be trapped within but itis too tiny to see with nake eye. When time ripe it just shattered, remember many case of shattered shower screen when no one is using? The reason is the same. However, I'm not stopping forumers from buying tempered glass hob as it looks nice and easy to clean. If ever, forumer wants to buy tempered glass hob, go for brand with life time warranty. I can't remember what is the brand now but will check and post here once I find out.

Whoa! That looks bad. I cook quite often, that's why decided on stainless steel instead. Glass hobs not for heavy cooking.