Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

My 2 cents worth.

No1. Daikin equipment is made in Thailand, not in Malaysia unless you are talking about Macquay.

No2. R410 gas has a higher cost, if your system got leak in the future, it will be more costly to top up gas/rectify the leak.

No3. Lowest quotation does not necessary mean that you are getting the best deal.

The equipment price is more or less fixed by the brand, like Mit invertor sys 3 maybe around $1.9k (assuming only.)

One company might quote you $2.7k for installation, another company might quote you $2.5k.

2.7k - 1.9k (equipment fixed price) = $800 for labour & materials.

2.5k-1.9k = $600 for labour & materials.

If you are the aircon contractor, will you be buying expensive/good quality materials if your budget for material went down cause you quoted lower just to get the deal from the customer? Etc $600? Or with $800 you might be willing to spend more on materials to ensure better quality products?

No4. 3 things to note for reno/aircon purchase.

- Cheap

- Good

- Fast

If something is cheap and good, it won't come fast aka wait long long... !!

If something is good and fast, it won't come cheap. Premium service, premium price.

If something is cheap and fast, it won't come good. Cheap cheap sell, cheap cheap do.

Cheers to all... :bow:

Edited by terumo

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi ahjane,

The trunking took so long ah?from morning until nite? So which aircon did u take up? I was still considering whether to take their service not becos saw some negative feedback from the forum abt them.

yah..i though they could finish by 5pm...i was wrong. They only wrap up at about 8pm..luckily i keep vacumning and sweeping those dust and bits of cement from all the drilling so as to minimise dust in the house. By the time they almost done, i am already mopping the floor. Mine is not a new flat, but a flat i have been staying in.

I bought Mit Starmes Non-inverter sys 3 $2139.90 (credit card instalment).

My 2 cents worth.

No2. R410 gas has a higher cost, if your system got leak in the future, it will be more costly to top up gas/rectify the leak.

Hi

What kind of leak are you referring to?

Compressor leak or pipe leak?

Cheers

Vince

Leak can happen to 4 areas.

1. Nut joint connections between equipment and piping.

2. Fancoil unit.

3. Condensor unit.

4. Piping.

wah~ i read until blur liao... this insulation is getting me crazy liao... so which is beta ah...

some so-called "upgrade" from totaline to k-flex..

some so called "upgrade" from armaflex to totaline..

nwy, maybe some expertise can shed some lights here... can enlighten? thkz hor... :dribble:

Hi Zen2008, think for the insulation, you can refer to this old thread to see which is the best insulation @ http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4036. And think like one of the forumer mentioned, you can proceed to GC and see wats the difference between k-flex and Armaflex and Thermaflex. (Really a great diff). Went in to GC at IMM and really, though the salesman is like Ah Beng, but what he said is really true. They never empty promise and will advise on the best config for your house.

Was looking at the various aircon, if your notice, the most energy efficent aircon is not really the starmax, though i cannot confirm which one is the most energy efficent.

Had my aircon pipes done up yesterday(please refer to previous thread for more details on my aircon), took about 4 hours, and must say the piping is quite well done. Will try to post some pics here when i have them.

Hope this information helps.

Hi Zen2008, think for the insulation, you can refer to this old thread to see which is the best insulation @ http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4036. And think like one of the forumer mentioned, you can proceed to GC and see wats the difference between k-flex and Armaflex and Thermaflex. (Really a great diff). Went in to GC at IMM and really, though the salesman is like Ah Beng, but what he said is really true. They never empty promise and will advise on the best config for your house.

Was looking at the various aircon, if your notice, the most energy efficent aircon is not really the starmax, though i cannot confirm which one is the most energy efficent.

Had my aircon pipes done up yesterday(please refer to previous thread for more details on my aircon), took about 4 hours, and must say the piping is quite well done. Will try to post some pics here when i have them.

bro, did they lay canvas sheet on the ground to protect the flooring during the installation?

hil, thkz 4 e info... personnally i feel tt in event of fire (touch wood,haha), u tink ppl still bother wat insulation u used?

tink moz imprtly is how much it can keep e copper pipe cool @ all times ba... which i believe it depend on the thickness? haha.. i dunno.. juz guessing nia...

Hi Commando, Yes, they do lay the canvas to protect the ground, and I must say.. they really work very hard.. for the whole of 4 hours, they keep working and my mom keep asking them to drink more water then they stop for a while to drink, then they carry on working.. Really pity them.

Hi Zen2008, actually as alot of bros have mentioned, the type of material used is quite important, cause as i mentioned, unless you go down and personally see the diff between the materials, else no matter what we all say also useless.

Hi Commando, Yes, they do lay the canvas to protect the ground, and I must say.. they really work very hard.. for the whole of 4 hours, they keep working and my mom keep asking them to drink more water then they stop for a while to drink, then they carry on working.. Really pity them.

Hi Zen2008, actually as alot of bros have mentioned, the type of material used is quite important, cause as i mentioned, unless you go down and personally see the diff between the materials, else no matter what we all say also useless.

thank you bro. glad to hear that. :notti:

thkz 4 e info... was quoted by Hong Tar sys 4 invertor...

a) I-smart ---> 4030

b) Starmex ---> 3950

tink they're using allflex & thermaflex...

Wah.... the prices of aircon rose so fast?? Was quoted like 3.6k or 3.7k for Jack Neo's aircon from Hong Tar just before I got my existing aircon.

hmm...

Ya boy!! It goes up pretty fast. That's why I earlier advised those wanted to install aircon better lock in the order 1st so that any price increase will not be affected.

My non-inverter system 3 = 1950 ( in Novt07) --> 2100 ( Jan2008) ---> 2200 ( Mar2008). All this was due to high Copper price.

Well so far for me quite lucky, cause came across the promotion for my aircon, so therefore can get quite a good price. As mentioned the price of my aircon now shoot back up to 2.9+k.