Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Which means R410 is the newer 'model'? Or better in the sense more aircon will be using R410 in the future? :notti:

No exactly model lah. In layman term, R410 is the type of refrigerant ( some ppl call new gas).

In future, R410 will phase in to replace R22 to protect the environment. Think many aircon supplier trying to clear their models that use R22. Coolserve promotion mainly all Daikin aircon using R22 gas.

No exactly model lah. In layman term, R410 is the type of refrigerant ( some ppl call new gas).

In future, R410 will phase in to replace R22 to protect the environment. Think many aircon supplier trying to clear their models that use R22. Coolserve promotion mainly all Daikin aircon using R22 gas.

!! :P Thank goodness for this forumboard... otherwise i'll most prob not aware of such stuff...

May I know how long is the average installation it takes to install a non-inverter sys 3 aircon for a HDB flat?

Btw if when do you install in the aircon if I am doing renovation for the first time for my HDB flat? (ie after floor tiles, painting etc or it doesnt matter?)

May I know how long is the average installation it takes to install a non-inverter sys 3 aircon for a HDB flat?

Btw if when do you install in the aircon if I am doing renovation for the first time for my HDB flat? (ie after floor tiles, painting etc or it doesnt matter?)

I just had my 1st air-con installation today for the trunking, takes probably about 3 hrs.

Usually air-con installation is done after the floor tiles. They will install the trunking, then allow the owner to do painting. Thereafter, they will come for the 2nd installation to fix the air-con.

In fact, my installer says it also depends on the colour of the painting. If the room is to be painted white or a white shade, you can do the base coat and 1st coat, then ask them to install air-con. In this case, only 1 installation is needed. For rooms in solid colours eg blue, yellow etc, they will do 2 installations.

Best to do before doing any flooring done so as to prevent damaging the tile/laminate/parquet.

If you want to conceal your trunking by false ceiling or wardrobe, then u better to the aircon installation 1st.

My advice is not conceal the trunking so that if any leakage happen , u don't have to tear down the false ceiling or wardrobe to recify the problem. Save $$

Installation can be done in 2 trips - 1st trip : Install piping/trunking ; 2nd trip to install the fancoil ( after painting). 1st trip takes about ~5hrs...2nd trips...3hrs ( no bracket) .. ~4hrs ( with bracket).

Mitsubishi System 3 Inverter $2600 izzt expensive?

Is around that range.

yes, u r rite.

juz a few hours will do. give them a day and they are able to finish up the work and do up all patches and clean up the place nicely. normally, for residential project (that is those sub-con that take up the whole condo residential blks to do air-con), 1 unit = 1 day work. but for ad-hoc works, eg. installing air-con only for 1 unit of hdb, ususally they will come on 2 days as what Vowsh had said below.

usually upon finish installation, they will on the air-con a while to trial run to see if all are connected properly. but they will ask you to leave it for a day and den after that den on it.

for commercial condos project, the air-con sub-con will have to do a balancing work as well. ie. test to see if the standard required temp is achieved. if not, they hv to rectify the problm.

Best to do before doing any flooring done so as to prevent damaging the tile/laminate/parquet.

If you want to conceal your trunking by false ceiling or wardrobe, then u better to the aircon installation 1st.

My advice is not conceal the trunking so that if any leakage happen , u don't have to tear down the false ceiling or wardrobe to recify the problem. Save $$

Installation can be done in 2 trips - 1st trip : Install piping/trunking ; 2nd trip to install the fancoil ( after painting). 1st trip takes about ~5hrs...2nd trips...3hrs ( no bracket) .. ~4hrs ( with bracket).

Is around that range.

get the contractor to do floor protection by laying cardboards (for protection purpose type).

and vowsh advice is rite, try not to conceal the trunking as if there is a chokage, den you have to get contractor to tear down whatever's concealing the trunking and rectify the problm. and after that, you will need the contractor to put up / make good whatever that has been taken down. and if its a separate contractor who will do it, there are charges for taking down, making gd and putting back again.

Went to a few shops to look for aircons today.

Seems like Mitsubishi Starmex Easy Clean non invertor only got R22?

Went to Besttech and hear all the stuff about the insulation brand etc, Kflex better than Armaflex, better than Totaline,

Claims that Kflex Class 0 (http://www.k-flex.com/products.asp?p=5&pp=2) is better at 3/8" cos the limits of material is till -200degC. But R22 is at -40degC? So whats the use of having an insulation that can cover till -200degC? The salesman cannot answer leh....how... In any case, they block the fine print that anything above -50degC for Kflex, it has to be referred back to Kflex for technical advise....

Tot Allbest was better....

BUT I WAS SERVED BY AN IRRITATING AUNTIE. Somemore she claims that "you know anything meh? even if i switch my copper to gauge 24, u can see the difference meh? !! " Wah I ren.

But seems like the feedback here is that Allbest > Besttech in terms of service?

Went to a few shops to look for aircons today.

Seems like Mitsubishi Starmex Easy Clean non invertor only got R22?

Went to Besttech and hear all the stuff about the insulation brand etc, Kflex better than Armaflex, better than Totaline,

Claims that Kflex Class 0 (http://www.k-flex.com/products.asp?p=5&pp=2) is better at 3/8" cos the limits of material is till -200degC. But R22 is at -40degC? So whats the use of having an insulation that can cover till -200degC? The salesman cannot answer leh....how... In any case, they block the fine print that anything above -50degC for Kflex, it has to be referred back to Kflex for technical advise....

BUT I WAS SERVED BY AN IRRITATING AUNTIE. Somemore she claims that "you know anything meh? even if i switch my copper to gauge 24, u can see the difference meh? !! " Wah I ren.

But seems like the feedback here is that Allbest > Besttech in terms of service?

hi NiVleK,

Neighbour, So you know which brand of insulation.. is the top grade want?

me still dun't know which is the best, as all salesperson say diff. things.. :dunno:

BUT I WAS SERVED BY AN IRRITATING AUNTIE. Somemore she claims that "you know anything meh? even if i switch my copper to gauge 24, u can see the difference meh? :D " Wah I ren.

Gosh...what kind of service is this?!? #@%$

hi NiVleK,

Neighbour, So you know which brand of insulation.. is the top grade want?

me still dun't know which is the best, as all salesperson say diff. things.. :D

Most aircon suppliers ( esp big ones) carry their own house brand insulation. Material will be less inferior compare to commerical types : Class 0 Armaflex and thermflex. They will claim that their inhouse types are better coz they carry mah.

Their installation fees tend to be cheaper if u notice. Most sales guys only sell for comission coz they know customers know nuts about aircon, so they smoke u till GONG GONG.

Go for either Armaflex or thermaflex, these are reliable types ( lao zi hao) that have low thermal conductivity that give better condensation control hence energy saving.

Like what I said in my previous posts...go for better installation as the range diff is only $100~$200. Fyi. aircon suppliers earn much on installation than selling aircon units.

If you ask them to use Armflex or thermaflex, see if they ask for top-up. If yes, you know their insulation standard liao. If they claim theirs is better why need to top-up.

Look for the guy name CASH at IMM allbest. V gd service, non pushy, n he took alot of time to explain the materials, n even show wats the difference between theirs n the other top brands like k-flex, n he even show u why their is superior.

N his attitude is excellent, n doesnt push for sales.

Mitsubishi Starmex Easy Clean non invertor only do have both R410 and R22, their product website do stated the model, so it is normal for R410 model to be more expensive?

Got R410A right? Best tech claims that dun have R410A.

Even though R22 is going to phase out only in 2016, it is still better for me to use R410A.