Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

So can anyone advise if the final price for 1/2" Armaflex from Cool Serve Toshiba System 3 Invertor resonable? Well think have to really place order really soon cause have to start reno by the start of next month.

Thanks

The range is $200~250 to upgrade 1/2 inch insulation for system 3.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Paiseh.. should rephase.. Actually what I wanted to ask in the first place was is close to $3k for Toshiba System 3 Invertor 1/2" Armaflex reasonably priced?

Thanks..

If that's case, slighly ex for toshiba

Paiseh.. should rephase.. Actually what I wanted to ask in the first place was is close to $3k for Toshiba System 3 Invertor 1/2" Armaflex reasonably priced?

Thanks..

I think it's too high...Kun Seng Toshiba Sys4 Invertor is 3.2K (incl GST), if upgrade to better material will be maybe $200 more. If sys3 and sys4 price (before upgrade) should be about $600-$800 difference. But you also have to consider if all the fancoil are same BTU or 1 is bigger, and also there is a question of workmanship, will you want to go for the cheapest or pay a bit more for better workmanship.

As for who has better workmanship, search around the forum and see the recommendation, and the end of the day, go with someone you are comfortable with. just my 2cts.

Thanks, but as far i see from this forum, there is not much mentioning of Cool Serve, so thats why i asked this question. As for the 3 shops at IMM, there are mixed comments from all the forumers here, so having a very big headache over this issue.

Actually initially i was also quite shocked to find out that Cool Serve's quotation is a almost $200 more than the average price for the 3 IMM shops, but as all mentioned, the more important aspect is the worksmanship and after sales.

So can anyone please advise on Cool Serve?

Thanks

Thanks, but as far i see from this forum, there is not much mentioning of Cool Serve, so thats why i asked this question. As for the 3 shops at IMM, there are mixed comments from all the forumers here, so having a very big headache over this issue.

Actually initially i was also quite shocked to find out that Cool Serve's quotation is a almost $200 more than the average price for the 3 IMM shops, but as all mentioned, the more important aspect is the worksmanship and after sales.

Thanks

Their service and workmanship are good.

Just came back from Hong Tar (Jurong West). Was Quoted (All are invertors BTW) :

1. For Mitshubishi (Jack Neo's), (BTU -> 12k, 9k, 9k), 1/2" ThermalFlex for $2.9k

2. For Mitshubishi Heavy Industries, (BTU -> 12k, 9k, 9k), 1/2" ThermalFlex for $2.68k

3. For Toshiba, (BTU -> 12k, 9k, 9k), 1/2" ThermalFlex for $2.9k

4. For Fujitsu (the latest with the CST), (BTU -> 12k, 9k, 9k), 1/2" ThermalFlex for $2.9k

now on promo offer for $2.53

First of all, think this is the best price i gotten so far for this configuration. Wonder anyone can comment if this is a resonable price. And also need to confirm that Hong Tar's worksmanship is quite good as some forumers have mentioned before.

Thanks a million.

Just came back from Hong Tar (Jurong West). Was Quoted (All are invertors BTW) :

1. For Mitshubishi (Jack Neo's), (BTU -> 12k, 9k, 9k), 1/2" ThermalFlex for $2.9k

2. For Mitshubishi Heavy Industries, (BTU -> 12k, 9k, 9k), 1/2" ThermalFlex for $2.68k

3. For Toshiba, (BTU -> 12k, 9k, 9k), 1/2" ThermalFlex for $2.9k

4. For Fujitsu (the latest with the CST), (BTU -> 12k, 9k, 9k), 1/2" ThermalFlex for $2.9k

now on promo offer for $2.53

First of all, think this is the best price i gotten so far for this configuration. Wonder anyone can comment if this is a resonable price. And also need to confirm that Hong Tar's worksmanship is quite good as some forumers have mentioned before.

Thanks a million.

Go ask for service voucher. They will give u.

Thanks

Coolserve gave me the most exp quote amongst several a/c dealers. I contacted Coolserve, GainCity, Natural Cool, and also from the ST classifieds and was surprised at the different prices for the same exact configuration of a/c I was looking for :bangwall:

Finally settled for GC as they offered the 2nd lowest quote for my Mit Starmex (26k, 10k, 10k) inverter using R410. But even with GC, different branches can give you different prices for the same units :dunno:!

But before you start getting quotes, you should first short-list the a/c models that are rated 4 stars for energy efficiency (to reduce yr monthly electricity bill) , then find out what configuration / cooling power you need for yr flat, and then shop around.

Don't listen to the sales guy as I found there is a lot of misinformation / misconception floating around. If you don't know the sales guy will "ko-tok" you.

There are different "formulas" to calculate the cooling capacity you need to cool yr flat but the one I used is from the Coolserve website as it is more conservative than the others i.e. the formula results in higher BTU required to cool flat.

There is also misinformation on this thread (unintentional, I believe), such as the aircon should blow at the passage way instead of the room it is intended to cool ! That may be true in previous years but a/c today are better designed to resolve the issue of "cold" spots.

The usual complaints after a/c installation e.g. (1) the a/c is not cold enough (2) the trunking drips water on the wall (3) poor service / installation, etc can be avoided if you research first before you put down the money on your purchase order.

Will share my experience in all of the above and what I learnt on a/c installation on my blog later.

Actually I just called up GC to asked about the quotation for the same model (Fujitsu) and was quoted $2.9+ (around there) for their aircon. Was only given Armaflex 1/2". Actually someone in this forum mentioned before that Thermaflex is much more ex than Armaflex (Please someone correct me if I am wrong). I really need to know as the offer for Fujitsu only last till end of this month.

Really appriciate someone can enlighten me on this issue as I think i will be ordering from Hong Tar really soon.

Thanks a million.

I also bought my air con from hong tar, still can ask for the service voucher? they just completed my first installation for my new home last week.

They came to my home abt 30 minutes late...i was ok with it as my ID was also late too.Which mean they can only start after my ID give them his approval , as that was the first time buying air con so i need my ID around to advise me and the running of the trucking and piping.

For the first installation, total time spend is about 6 hrs, from what i observed, they don;t rush work and they will clean up the mess before they left.Overal i'm happy with hong tar workmanship.

I also bought my air con from hong tar, still can ask for the service voucher? they just completed my first installation for my new home last week.

They came to my home abt 30 minutes late...i was ok with it as my ID was also late too.Which mean they can only start after my ID give them his approval , as that was the first time buying air con so i need my ID around to advise me and the running of the trucking and piping.

For the first installation, total time spend is about 6 hrs, from what i observed, they don;t rush work and they will clean up the mess before they left.Overal i'm happy with hong tar workmanship.

voucher only for invertor.

anyone has any idea which system-4 non-invertor is gd?? which company can help install at gd worksmanship and not too expensive??

thanks in advance.. :rolleyes:

Hi to all Hong Tar customers, may i know what voucher is that? And how fast (how many days later) can they come down after confirmation to do the first installation?