Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

Best Of The Worst, Or Worst Of The Best...

won't lah, when i first joined i ask stupid question also nobody feel i dun belong here :P

guess the way i look at 'best' would be really good so they know not to look down on pple

those who look down on others tend to be mediocre ones, want to be the best but can't

the great pple i've met are all very friendly and really thoughtful :lol:

Are you talking about big bosses, CEOs and MDs that kind? Ya I agree usually such top mgmt are very nice people, but as the message passes down the middle mgmt are the jokers who screw up everything.

But when I talk about the best doesn't really mean the top brass; it could be your manager, your superior and especially your peers.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

by the best i mean people who are really good at what they do

it can be renovation contractors, cleaners or the big brass

those really good contractors are more than willing to share how to go about DIYing certain stuff coz they have more than enough business

on the other hand are those who refused to share even how many feet should the kitchen cabinets be :P

peers-wise, guess i dun really choose them by how good or bad they are :lol:

To be the Best of the Worst or Worst of the Best, is interchangeable...depending on one self to make the decision.

Most importantly: Humility, Integrity, an Open Mind and Patience...will bring you very far in life. :P

Are you talking about big bosses, CEOs and MDs that kind? Ya I agree usually such top mgmt are very nice people

are you sure?! !!

for my case the top brass i've met are all very nice people

take for example my big big boss

when he call he'll actually say 'hi this is so-and-so, you are xxx?'

he doesn't expect us to recognise his voice :P

maybe i'm quite lucky :lol:

for my case the top brass i've met are all very nice people

take for example my big big boss

when he call he'll actually say 'hi this is so-and-so, you are xxx?'

he doesn't expect us to recognise his voice :fire:

maybe i'm quite lucky :(

A Director is to be directive, Manager is to manage the staff, engineer is the engineering gears to work. So each roles has it function. To manage well, a top management needs to understand the SWOT of individual and treat individual differently. Good staff must motivate :fire: , bad stuff must 8| . So Apple you are the elite and of course you are treated well and respect.

So you are the among best of the worst, I agree.

aiya, just be yourself. and not be somebody else.

achieve what you can achieve and aviod setting a goal too impossible to reach.

There is always a mountain higher than the other - there is no best of worst or worst of best.

talking about "blue collar" pple, my time, we all used to LOOK DOWN on pple who go to VI( ITE - It's the End).

20 yrs down the road - many of them are driving oversized cars, became their own boss, live in semi d - while many of us (smart ones?) are still just 9-5 White collar worker collecting a fixed paycheck and live in pigeon hole HDB.

人比人 气死人

Wow, totally agreed with you! Being the best of the worst will make you in the envy of others and definitely will have some people who are green-eyed and want to bring you down.

Since one can be the best of course there must be factor for it. Fire them :fire: using authority, personal, and technical power and bring them down. This is why you are the best.

Its not just people looking down on you, but that they shun you and you end up alone. On contrary, if you are too far below, say a cleaner or kopi-auntie, ie no threat to these ambitious high-flyers, you would be fine.

The problem for being the worst of the best is that you are here with them yet they felt that you do not deserved to be here, they felt their education/skills are unappreciated, they may also harm you like the way a best of the worst would be harmed...

Cannot beat them join them. Kopi session, gang after work, buddy in mgt meeting, friend friend outside. 8|:~:(

Aiyo...dilemma lehh... :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Must be flexible, life is a long way to go man

:fire::fire::(

A Director is to be directive, Manager is to manage the staff, engineer is the engineering gears to work. So each roles has it function. To manage well, a top management needs to understand the SWOT of individual and treat individual differently. Good staff must motivate :deal: , bad stuff must :( . So Apple you are the elite and of course you are treated well and respect.

So you are the among best of the worst, I agree.

that's just basic phone etiquette, TPY.

some bosses very frenly & polite over the phone, or even face & face. can talk abt lotsa things, even personal stuff.

but suddenly (perhaps just one week later) they forget ur names & wat u do, or they keep postponing their lunch appts wif u cos they got more impt things to attend to (i.e. bigger shots to entertain).

If you are surrounded by everyone that are worse than you, how do you improve yourself? What do you benchmark against? That's why they say winner are always lonely...in fact I felt that being the best of the worst for a long time will actually make one slack and become complacent. :P

And the last line is the dangerous one: Soon, being the best of the worst may make you feel that you want blend in with the rest and lower yourself, then voila, you are one of them now. :P

best of the worst in the office is one thing, but tt doesnt mean we do not compare wif frens who are doing better right? the world isn't tt tiny.

for the last line on simplicity, it's a personal opinion & does not apply to all those who are the "best among the worst". think: the fisherman story.

that's just basic phone etiquette, TPY.

some bosses very frenly & polite over the phone, or even face & face. can talk abt lotsa things, even personal stuff.

but suddenly (perhaps just one week later) they forget ur names & wat u do, or they keep postponing their lunch appts wif u cos they got more impt things to attend to (i.e. bigger shots to entertain).

Yes agree! I think it's up to individual's character. I've met super petty bosses too...and bosses who think they are some big s-h-i-t...it all depends...

Yes agree! I think it's up to individual's character. I've met super petty bosses too...and bosses who think they are some big s-h-i-t...it all depends...

Yes, 一种米养百种人。 So there is no good boss or bad boss but capable or not capable boss. No choice lah as long as we are fall under the catagories of people as Z say we had to bow our head, swim with the wave and wag your tail unless...... you be the boss then you can be the best or worst as you like it.

hehehe, i thought you need to be something to get to that level loh

it's like the old money new money kinda thing

so if you have arrived, you would have understood the need to treat everybody nicely

those that yell at their subordinates or super petty ones usually can't go far :dunno:

those that yell at their subordinates or super petty ones usually can't go far :dunno:

Hm...no leh...as long as they can curry favour with the boss, i think they can go very the far leh....i've seen...so unfair lor....lousy mgmt skills but superb a-s-s kissing skills.... :dunno: