Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
florabliss

No Cash For Re-sale Condo?

Hi,

I've always heard people saying that they don't need to fork out cash when they bought their re-sale (i.e. 2nd hand) condominum. How is that possible? I thought we still need to pay 5% (because bank loan can only cover 95%) out of our own pocket? Isn't that mean we have to pay it in cash?

Need some advice from the kind souls and experts.

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Alot of possibilities, eg took a bank loan for that 5%, sold previous unit at a profit so contra, etc.

Whatever it is, you are right, 5% deposit is definitely a must in cash, plus all the stamp fees, convenyancing charges, agents' comm (if any) etc are all in cash as well.

Alot of possibilities, eg took a bank loan for that 5%, sold previous unit at a profit so contra, etc.

Whatever it is, you are right, 5% deposit is definitely a must in cash, plus all the stamp fees, convenyancing charges, agents' comm (if any) etc are all in cash as well.

stamp fees can be either in cash or CPF. :sport-smiley-003:

i thought 5% cash and 15% cash/CPF. the remaining 80% is bank loan. :P

5% cash, remaining can be cash, CPF or up to 90% bank loan.

5% cash, remaining can be cash, CPF or up to 90% bank loan.

yup, 5% cash then 15% cash/CPF and 90% bank loan (pte property). but how many % is the stamp fees for pte property? :notti:

the stamp fees can be a lot leh for pte property. :)

yup, 5% cash then 15% cash/CPF and 90% bank loan (pte property). but how many % is the stamp fees for pte property? :notti:

the stamp fees can be a lot leh for pte property. :)

Stamp fees are payable (by the buyer) on the sale and purchase agreement and the mortgage. A simple way of calculating the stamp fees on a sale and purchase agreement is to multiply the purchase price by 3% and deduct $5,400.00 from the result.

Stamp fees are payable (by the buyer) on the sale and purchase agreement and the mortgage. A simple way of calculating the stamp fees on a sale and purchase agreement is to multiply the purchase price by 3% and deduct $5,400.00 from the result.

yup, i know its 3% stamp fees but wanted to confirm again. but why must deduct $5400 after that? $5400 is for what? :notti:

for hdb, stamp fees is also 3%? :)

yup, i know its 3% stamp fees but wanted to confirm again. but why must deduct $5400 after that? $5400 is for what? :P

for hdb, stamp fees is also 3%? :notti:

should be..

if u don't like the $5400, u can transfer to my account.. :furious:

I don't mind taking that :)

:yamseng:

should be..

if u don't like the $5400, u can transfer to my account.. :seeya:

I don't mind taking that :)

:P

of course, $5400 is quite a lot leh. :yamseng: but what's this $5400? why can be deducted? is it for direct or resale purchase (pte property)? :notti:

need some explaination? :furious:

of course, $5400 is quite a lot leh. :P but what's this $5400? why can be deducted? is it for direct or resale purchase (pte property)? :notti:

need some explaination? :yamseng:

why can deducted????

b'coz cheng hu say so.. :furious: (that's what my husband reply when I ask him the above question few yr back) :)

any sale.. regardless direct or resale. Buyer need to pay.

Even u buy HDB direct from HDB, also need to pay

Stamp duty is 3% of sale purchase - $5400. That's the formula for it.

Its payable by CPF. However, as there's some white tape involved, the gov will required u to pay in cash first then reimburse u with CPF later (think its 2 weeks).

why can deducted????

b'coz cheng hu say so.. :P (that's what my husband reply when I ask him the above question few yr back) :rolleyes:

Stamp duty is 3% of sale purchase - $5400. That's the formula for it.

Its payable by CPF. However, as there's some white tape involved, the gov will required u to pay in cash first then reimburse u with CPF later (think its 2 weeks).

no leh..

I pay thru' CPF, didn't come out cash then reimburse

why can deducted????

b'coz cheng hu say so.. :yamseng: (that's what my husband reply when I ask him the above question few yr back) :P

:rolleyes: i dont know what you were talking about leh. blur!

if the selling price is $800,000 (pte property) then 3% stamp fees is about $24,000. so, stamp fees $24,000 still can deduct $5,400 meh? eventually, the stamp fees is $24,000 - $5,400 = $18,600? :yamseng:

$5,400 is the standard deduction? :deal:

btw, i dont understand in red leh. :yamseng:

:rolleyes: i dont know what you were talking about leh. blur!

if the selling price is $800,000 (pte property) then 3% stamp fees is about $24,000. so, stamp fees $24,000 still can deduct $5,400 meh? eventually, the stamp fees is $24,000 - $5,400 = $18,600? :P

$5,400 is the standard deduction? :yamseng:

btw, i dont understand in red leh. :deal:

Means both HDB & pte same formula...

By the way, stamp duties can pay by cpf ... only lawyer fees , I pay cash.

Don't know leh, cos different regulation at that time ... sometihing like 80%..blah...