Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Money $$$ Not $$$ Enough Blog

another money saving tips, or did i mention this liao

trawl auction sites for good deals, esp little things like display or small kitchen appliances

managed to get a few good deals so lagi hardworking now ;):dribble::good:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hello everybody...

Just want to check if anyone knows how to remove special stain done by my artistic daughter.

I have a study table (already 6 years and still in good condition) that I wish to move to my new place...however, my daughter used liquid paper to write on the table and use black marker pen to go over it. Also the table itself also turns slightly dirty. (It is yellow in colour)... I used magic sponge to clean but it will turn the surface of the table into patches. Any good suggestion? :bow:

Hi!

U chk out clockworks blog .. can DIY n re-do the table top.

What I did is this: Bought the wood-looking roll of paper

with adhesive on one side and stuck it on my daughters table.

Can buy at any hdb area shops... which sell all the mops/buckets

and everything-in-between shops. At 2.50 per roll. Very strong adhesive

and its a big roll.. got lots leftover,

Make sure u smoothen as u stick and ensure no bubbles... somemo waterproof

so can wipe with wet cloth to clean.

Looks like brand new.. worst case it she messes again I can peel it off

and fix a new one end of next year!!

P>S>Hi Mace: I just realised I made a cheep n eazy contribution ;)

I like this article - I dont need to spend $50k for reno in order to bolster my own esteem ;):lol::bow:

Thu, Nov 29, 2007

The Straits Times

NEW YORK - BRITISH billionaire John Caudwell may pack a pretty penny in his bank account, but he shuns the likes of Gucci and Prada in favour of high street retailer Marks and Spencer.

The businessman, who boasts a US$2.2 billion (S$3.2 billion) fortune, even cuts his own hair.

'I don't need Saville Row suits,' he recently told Forbes magazine, according to a report on the ABC news website in the United States yesterday.

'I don't need to spend money to bolster my own esteem.'

He is one of a number of extremely wealthy people who have opted for a life of frugality instead of flashy extravagance.

Mr Caudwell got his start as a car repair shop owner and went on to create his US$2.2 billion fortune - as last measured by Forbes in March - by selling his 85 per cent stake in cellphone outfit the Caudwell Group in 2005.

An avid sportsman, he used to cycle 23km to work every day to save cash and stay fit.

He thinks splurging on extremely pricey bottles of wine is a waste, and he cuts his own hair because going to the barber is a waste of time.

But Mr Caudwell does have some indulgences: He owns a Ferrari and a Bentley.

he abit contradicting leh...one hand say no need spend money to boost his esteem..on the other hand...got exotic cars leh...lol

just like a lady say...she dun need to buy Hermes , balenciaga bags to boost her self esteem..but yet got

a collection of gemstones and diamonds....

actually hor...if I can ever have the chance to own a Ferrari and a Bentley....

i will also cut my own hair....i will even drink vinegar thinking it's just expired wine..... :P

still can go Marks and Spencer leh...buay pai liao u know..

i still would go NTUC...or even the old uncle selling the groceries

in his *zap huay diam*....as long as i can have a ferrari and a bentley parked in my HDB multi storey carpark..hehe

think at the end of the day, if the money can really bring a big smile to the faces, then it's worth it....

then all the crap one face at work....will just disappear.....till the next day at least..hehe

cos also no point keeping everything in the bank book also....end up only benefitting the banks who only offer you miserable rates and yet they loan out your deposits

to make themselves richer....

why deprive yourselves of some little pleasures in life...just to make the financial institutions happier? hehe

but then again spend how much is subjective....some spend 50k still not happy...some spend 20k already very happy....

happiness is hard to quantify by $ though..hehe

Edited by compassvale

Mace, your cheese fondue beri nice leh... thanks ah.... paise got to leave a little earlier.

Mr Compassvale wondering why you not online yet... busy cleaning the house? haha.. hope we didnt dirty it too badly! :P

fifi wants to go play with beckham!!

she wants to run around him..hehe

and i think she wants some cheese too!!

she wants to type but dunno how...so we have to help her :P

img0163ht1.jpg

Edited by compassvale

Mace, your cheese fondue beri nice leh... thanks ah.... paise got to leave a little earlier.

Mr Compassvale wondering why you not online yet... busy cleaning the house? haha.. hope we didnt dirty it too badly! :sport-smiley-004:

nono, greycat(last guests) left around 7pm, took us around 1 hour nia to clear,clean, sweep and mop whole house... guess we were quite SEASONED to it liao :curse: cos already did 2 huge house warming before.

then had maggi mee as dinner, then bathe, then watch DVD....no time to go on internet. whahahaa

you forget to bring back your sauvignon blanc....

Thanks for coming everybody - especially those who brought gifts...it's not a house warming, it's a cheese party. Just come and EAT EAT EAT.

no more gifts next time lah pls hor.

Edited by MaCe

Thanks for the hospitality :sport-smiley-004::furious:

Really enjoy ourselves wtith the cheese & Chocolate so full that we had our dinner at 10pm last nite. :jawdrop:

The rosewood furnitures are really :jawdrop: can imagine u clean until siao every week. :curse:

img0163ht1.jpg

Just realised Fifi veri photogenic she alway look mei mei infront of the camera. :jawdrop:

Good Morning Mace!

You n Mrs. Mace were wonderful hosts!!

I cant forget that great gear-filled mechanism on ur kitchen wall.. that also tells the time.

N yeah rosewood treasure trove!! :sport-smiley-004:

I will have a difficult time convincing hb why NOT to buy a great Ah Kong clock LOL!

Great to meet Cantona (The Hunk :curse: )

Applefreak! missed meeting u leh! Donno why ....but was looking fwd to meeting u too.

BKKTeng! Did I get the name right?? It was wonderful talking to u n hb too!

No Monday morning blues today lor!!

Good Morning Mace!

I cant forget that great gear-filled mechanism on ur kitchen wall.. that also tells the time.

N yeah rosewood treasure trove!! :jawdrop:

I will have a difficult time convincing hb why NOT to buy a great Ah Kong clock LOL!

Great to meet Cantona (The Hunk :yamseng: )

Applefreak! missed meeting u leh! Donno why ....but was looking fwd to meeting u too.

BKKTeng! Did I get the name right?? It was wonderful talking to u n hb too!

No Monday morning blues today lor!!

Hi Lakmy,

Nice meeting u too and also ur hb.

Hope to see more of ur nice nice hse pics soon. :dribble:

Thanks for the hospitality :yamseng::dribble:

Really enjoy ourselves wtith the cheese & Chocolate so full that we had our dinner at 10pm last nite. :fire:

wah....thought you all ate so little....

hows the burn-in ?

think you forgotten the ACETONE again...haiz

Good Morning Mace!

N yeah rosewood treasure trove!! :jawdrop:

hehe, both you and hubby are very friendly - as expected.

too bad, there is not much vege food...

that clock you can get it from clarke quay mall 2nd/3rd floor.

wah....thought you all ate so little....

hows the burn-in ?

think you forgotten the ACETONE again...haiz

The Burn-in I reserve for tis Sat slowly test out the whole day (Wifey not ard) :dribble:

Aiyah I forgot again maybe next time u bring it for me. :yamseng:

awww it's such a waste, was looking forward to meeting you too

then we can exchange places to eat vegetarian food :yamseng:

Hi Mace,

saw that u have some "xin de" on energy saving light bulbs, currently got a qn abt lightbulbs hope u can solve.

i bought a ceiling light which has those "3 in 1" light holders (looks like those 1 source then split into 3 bulb holders kind). when i install my energy saving light bulbs (3 x phillips 11w, clear day light) e bulbs sparkle e whole night even after i switch off.

e shop owner insisted tt fault lies on my light bulbs. but i tried 2 brands (ikea 1s) oso e same. my whole hse oni using energy saving bulbs none has such problem except tt ceiling light.

do u know if it is true as wat e shop owner says, energy saving bulbs w store energy (shou1 dian4) n cause them 2 sparkle? there is nothg i can do abt it? nw i took out e bulbs becos they r blinking 2 much 2 ignore. v sian now no ceiling lights in e room.

Thanks so much 4 any advice.

Hi Mace,

saw that u have some "xin de" on energy saving light bulbs, currently got a qn abt lightbulbs hope u can solve.

i bought a ceiling light which has those "3 in 1" light holders (looks like those 1 source then split into 3 bulb holders kind). when i install my energy saving light bulbs (3 x phillips 11w, clear day light) e bulbs sparkle e whole night even after i switch off.

e shop owner insisted tt fault lies on my light bulbs. but i tried 2 brands (ikea 1s) oso e same. my whole hse oni using energy saving bulbs none has such problem except tt ceiling light.

do u know if it is true as wat e shop owner says, energy saving bulbs w store energy (shou1 dian4) n cause them 2 sparkle? there is nothg i can do abt it? nw i took out e bulbs becos they r blinking 2 much 2 ignore. v sian now no ceiling lights in e room.

Thanks so much 4 any advice.

sparkle? :furious:

flickering? machiam disco lights? bright then dim then bright?

have you tried using a 5w instead of 11w? try this first, if still cannot - then get a electrician to check the mcb main.

go rochor centre - a $2-3 dollar shop - they are selling the philips/osram 5w at around $4 or $3.50...super cheap.