Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kissgurami

Hopefully "shabby Chic" Em

The journey has kind of kicked off on it's own and these are some transformations which has already happened :wub:

The wall between the kitchen & the balcony has been hacked away! & This is kind of the partial end result of how it looks like now. This is probably the only open concept within my EM

img_20140820_094435-e1409025910284.jpg

Painting has started and I only have this 1 photo at the moment. Hoping to grab more later :rolleyes:

This is the 2nd bedroom for my 2 girls and you can guess it from the colour tone. Frozen is in the house!!! Luckily the shade does tie in shabby chic so it was approved by moi !

img_20140823_125352-e1409026435690.jpg

Edited by kissgurami

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My Air Con Updates!

OK, I admit I am lazy and didn't source for the best discount. Reason being Best Denki has been really good with their Safety 5 and I don't wish to play around with warranty especially after I purchase a big item.

What did I go for? It was Panasonic EcoNavi (System 3) :wub:

Check more about it here - > http://panasonic.asia/sg/consumer/econavi/ -> Damage was $3501 ($3099 + $402 Extended 5 years Warranty)

I took a risk and wasn't at the grounds when they installed. Leap of Faith that they will do their job well and minimal trunking. I guess it turned out well :sport-smiley-018:

"Lobby Area"

aircon1.jpg

Master Bedroom

img_20140822_173548.jpg

2nd Bedroom

img_20140822_172733-e1409031680905.jpg

3rd Bedroom

img_20140822_172835.jpg

and the COMPRESSOR!!

img_20140822_174841-e1409031933585.jpg

My Air Con Updates!

OK, I admit I am lazy and didn't source for the best discount. Reason being Best Denki has been really good with their Safety 5 and I don't wish to play around with warranty especially after I purchase a big item.

What did I go for? It was Panasonic EcoNavi (System 3) :wub:

Check more about it here - > http://panasonic.asia/sg/consumer/econavi/ -> Damage was $3501 ($3099 + $402 Extended 5 years Warranty)

I took a risk and wasn't at the grounds when they installed. Leap of Faith that they will do their job well and minimal trunking. I guess it turned out well :sport-smiley-018:

"Lobby Area"

aircon1.jpg

Master Bedroom

img_20140822_173548.jpg

2nd Bedroom

img_20140822_172733-e1409031680905.jpg

3rd Bedroom

img_20140822_172835.jpg

and the COMPRESSOR!!

img_20140822_174841-e1409031933585.jpg

I am still contemplating between Panasonic EcoNavi System 3 or Mitsubishi Starmex.

I am drawn to the EcoNavi feature as well as it's more streamline design as compared to Starmex's bulky fancoil unit.

However, my mother pointed out to me that Panasonic's blower vent when on, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

What was the pull factor that attracted u to Panasonic? If u dun mind sharing :)

My sequence is all wrong but whatever :yamseng:

ID Selection Process

This was extremely sad and made me so aware what a realistic industry this is.

Firstly, I thought what is the best way to get quotes? Duh, through blasting via the Renotalk! I waited 2 weeks and no one reached out to me nor contacted me. I would admit, I didn't list down my mobile number. Just my email so I am consoling myself that even in this technology age, no one bothers to email. :dunno:

My friend has a contact but the quotation was crazily marked up and it was so obvious. We are talking about 20K just for hacking alone. I might as well sleep on cement.

My budget was 30K as a baseline by the way and what can be done be done, and whatever can't be done. I will see what I can do to top-up. (my current renovation isn't 30K now by the way but still within my comfortable range)

So what do I do next?

I went to IMM and visited 5 renovation shops. Sat down and explain what I need and if possible a rough quotation. All of them grumbled that they will need to quote 80k-120K. i am like, I don't need a complete overhaul as I am settle for some of the existing items. No one came back. :dunno:

I went to TradeHub and visited one of them which resulted in a blank response. The lady even asked me so many details about my place and no reply either.

During this time, I did have my eye on a certain ID so i emailed them. I didn't get any reply so I followed up and there after I did receive my quote! It wasn't exactly within my budget but at least there was a figure I could work with. Met up with my ID, ok that's it. This is someone I can definitely work with!

By then I set my heart on the ID, no point running about chasing quotes. Feels like I am wasting my life away trying to give away my money to an industry which isn't customer oriented at all. I would think any business is business not pick and choose. So my thoughts is, I am a cheapskate that doesn't warrant their services for myself and my EM.

I will share who my ID is by the end of my renovation journey and the only 1 thing I can comment is. Pricing aside, you need to be able to communicate with your ID if not I think even if someone recommends, it might not be the right fit for you.

• Like 1

Nice idea! I briefly considered getting a pantry, but it was more practical to have normal kitchen cabinets. So no pantry for me. Look forward to seeing yours.

My Pantry hehehe! I always wanted this pantry and finally found a way to incorporate it into my EM! :sport-smiley-018:

The carpentry would be super "siong" so need to crack my head for cost - cutting measures

pantry-1.png

pantry-2.png

I am still contemplating between Panasonic EcoNavi System 3 or Mitsubishi Starmex.

I am drawn to the EcoNavi feature as well as it's more streamline design as compared to Starmex's bulky fancoil unit.

However, my mother pointed out to me that Panasonic's blower vent when on, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

What was the pull factor that attracted u to Panasonic? If u dun mind sharing :)

I sold by 3 keys things - the sunlight detection & the human activity detection & the Nanoe G.

My girls tend to run around and I can speculate them leaving in and out the room. with the detection at least the air-con is smart enough to know there isn't people around and reduce.. and I like the part where the air blows towards where the person is.

the sunlight is more of when I use the curtains, I prefer the aircon to adjust the temperature and adjust when i pull the curtains away. not sure how the features will pan out but their piping are way slicker.

Nice idea! I briefly considered getting a pantry, but it was more practical to have normal kitchen cabinets. So no pantry for me. Look forward to seeing yours.

Intending to accessorize my kitchen walls and my pantry is pint size so I am hoping it will be good enough. hehe I can't wait how it will turn out too!

I love white too, however very hard to maintain white sofa when I have young kids, so choosing dark colours.

I might get a white fabric cover and bleach it each time :help:

and also keep my fingers cross that they don't eat on the sofa...... I agree white is tougher to maintain. :bleah:

I sold by 3 keys things - the sunlight detection & the human activity detection & the Nanoe G.

My girls tend to run around and I can speculate them leaving in and out the room. with the detection at least the air-con is smart enough to know there isn't people around and reduce.. and I like the part where the air blows towards where the person is.

the sunlight is more of when I use the curtains, I prefer the aircon to adjust the temperature and adjust when i pull the curtains away. not sure how the features will pan out but their piping are way slicker.

Thanks! Really helpful as i went to the stores to take a look. either the salesman couldn't be bothered with me or they were pushing Starmex and Toshiba to me.

I like the human activity detection function too! As my brother have the bad habit of leaving the aircon on even if he's not inside.

=D

Went down to take a look on the progress! :sport-smiley-018:

Here goes on Painting "White" Updates!

This is my Shabby Chic White Metal Gate , was so happy to see it when I reached my unit. Way better than I thought it would be. :wub:

img_20140826_173021_edit.jpg

OMG No More Pink Walls!!! The colour used is Sail White for the Living Room :wub:

img_20140826_181929_edit.jpg

This is the balcony area and taken from the master bedroom. Weatherbond Matt White. I was tussling with the idea of keeping the red bricks but what the ****, I thought white bricks would look even better and it DOES!!!! By the way, Nippon Paint entertained my request of painting my new stainless steel pipes white so much I don't see any difference. Good People! :wub:

img_20140826_175412_edit.jpg

Refurbished Doors by Paint! All 3 Doors are painted with this brown (can't recall which shade I picked) and white frame. Looks kind of weird alone but it looks good when walking up the stairs. Nearly painted them white but that would be one white blanket on the 2nd floor so brown won! :wub:

img_20140826_175034.jpg

My girl's room and this was taken from the inside to show the colour comparision. There's the pale blue with white frames at the side so the brown doesn't stand out rudely against the blue. :wub:

img_20140826_174731.jpg

Painting Updates Part 2

Master Bedroom with an even lighter shade of blue with Sail White. Can't wait to dress it up with white flowy curtains :wub:

img_20140826_175332_edit.jpg

My CRAZY REFURBISHED WHITE DOOR for the Store under the staircase!!! Swooooooooooning! I nearly went with baby blue and was worried it might make my house into a baby boy nursery feel so am really glad I stuck with white! :wub:

img_20140826_175830_edit.jpg

White contrasting each other. I have Sail White and the Matt White side by side. Shows the 2 whites off!! :wub:

img_20140826_175531_edit1.jpg

• Like 1

My Pantry Work in Progress!

This is how it looks like when you walk into the kitchen. Checking if my purse can fit in a sliding door which I am hoping I can!

img_20140826_175940_edit.jpg

That's the view from the Balcony. The first opening is the 3rd Bathroom and the 2nd is the Pantry. Didn't notice until my friend pointed out the misalignment of height so going to check with ID tomorrow.

img_20140826_180346_edit.jpg

The Pantry Space which can fit in shelving and decent amount to hoard my groceries and pots & pans & Kitchen Appliances. My table top oven is going in there as well. Magic will happen!!

img_20140826_181333_edit.jpg

• Like 1