Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dizzy

Do You Have Similar Colleagues?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I like to go home early cos I'm doing the cooking. U noe lar, after preparing and cooking will take 30-1hr. Then after finished eating and washing up another 1 hr. So after settle the dinner, it will be 8-9pm sometimes. Then almost time for sleeping.

usually execs no OT pay one...

then maybe just wan to avoid problems at home. last time i also like that, gt problems then like to stay in office. :jawdrop:

I find that when we do a bit of our personal matters once and then, its quite alright (let's say only 30% or less per month). But doing own personal matters at at least 50% or more, it is really unreasonable.

My company is a relative small UK based company with foreign directors located overseas and currently sales manager in charge of the whole Sin office. But man, he is constantly doing his own personal matters, buy new car, spare parts, house, insurance, friends ocassional gatherings, etc, in our office. As company is open concept, I can hear most of his conversations. As for the other 'Technical Executive', take his own sweet time to do work, sleep, bring his hobby (remote aeroplanes) to fix/assembly, etc. So basically, not much sales in company due to SM not so much into visiting customers and asking for more sales.

Most of the sales quotations are being 'taiji' over to me to do, even those technical enquiries, which I am cuckoo about. My most basic duties are order processing, doing simple quotations, admin, book keeping and HR. Now, I have to do almost everything, and even got told off by customers when I don't the technical details they are looking for, all thanks to the above mentioned. Only when one director is here to visit, then they will pretend to do more on work.

It is really very bad environment to work in, but due good directors and overseas colleagues, I stayed on, even when there isn't any annual increments and extra bonuses. I had even sent out resumes and only when my director assured me he will do something to make working environment better and getting in another staff to help me with my sales load, I stop looking around.

Yes, it is true, there are lots of working colleagues around, who are very wayang, selfish and attribute to responsible staff to resign. Just stating my 2 cents worth since I am also facing such problems at work.

Fundamental of work

1. Stay positive

2. Work for yourself not for the company.

Younger times, I took each new task as an opportunity to learn new things.

In fact, I appreciate their confidence in me by giving me a chance to perform.

I took the massive task, break them up and makes it simple.

Through these, I learn new skills which I still carry with me.

That's why, I am always working for myself.

I don't wayang or carry boss at work.

My scored points are always through my customers,

Treat back stabbers as your friends, always better to have more friends.

If you counter by back stabbing, it makes you one of them also.

For those working for foreign company. We must work as a Singaporean team

Otherwise, the foreigners will look down upon us.

All achievement are always share downwards.

Never back stab your boss, cos if he gets the promotion, you get the chance to take his place.

Stay humble, make friends, and be positive.

My golf game is my fundamentals. Go On Learning Forever

Not Gentleman Only Ladies Forbiden

Fundamental of work

1. Stay positive

Never back stab your boss, cos if he gets the promotion, you get the chance to take his place.

hey...a very good friend of mine juz said the EXACT same things to me last week when he came back from New Jersey last week... agreed very much with it. many singaporeans unknowingly have the mentality that ang moh is better then us..and give them better treatment/service...now im not saying ang moh no good...itz juz that we can be every bit as good as them if we want to be... :P

Fundamental of work

1. Stay positive

Warrior88.... u realli sound like my FH lor. He has similar philosophy to u. Even those who backstab him, he will still like treat like fren, still talk drink kopi or even play bowling.

I used to work with him, that's why i know. bt my attitude is diff, i'll just do my things. i sometimes dun understand FH's good attitude against those who bring him down. for me, i will just ignore them unless it's about work. realli can't stand those ppl. :dunno:

bt one thing i learn is try nt to get emotions in the way of work. i think guys are better at this. as a woman, i sometimes have trouble with this myself so i always try to tink : what would a guy in my position do ? haha... very sexist against my own kind.. kekeke ! no offence against the ladies hor cos i am one too. :P

Warrior88.... u realli sound like my FH lor. He has similar philosophy to u. Even those who backstab him, he will still like treat like fren, still talk drink kopi or even play bowling.

I used to work with him, that's why i know. bt my attitude is diff, i'll just do my things. i sometimes dun understand FH's good attitude against those who bring him down. for me, i will just ignore them unless it's about work. realli can't stand those ppl. :curse:

bt one thing i learn is try nt to get emotions in the way of work. i think guys are better at this. as a woman, i sometimes have trouble with this myself so i always try to tink : what would a guy in my position do ? haha... very sexist against my own kind.. kekeke ! no offence against the ladies hor cos i am one too. :notti:

Ya...I agree...When comes to emotions, my HB is better than me...He can treat it as nothing and

still joke and eat with them.

For me last time I also cannot...bt now just try try lor...still trying...cos sometimes if u let yr

emotion get in the way...work is not easy for u in the company.

So everyday just brush up on the acting skills...haa,...mabbe in no time we can be extras

in Mediacorp liao... :sport-smiley-004:

Not acting lah..... Learn to forgive from the heart.

Be patient & tolerance towards things.

You will live longer. Forgive & forget.

Is it true what they say, never intimidate a girl, or you will die terribly ?

Not acting lah..... Learn to forgive from the heart.

Be patient & tolerance towards things.

You will live longer. Forgive & forget.

Is it true what they say, never intimidate a girl, or you will die terribly ?

Well, as the saying goes, "H-E-L-L hath no fury like a woman scorned" :bangwall:

Edited by Air

Hi,

Sad to says that these pp are always around in the office and ad on to our workload. I used to have such a staff in the office who is irresponsible toward her jobs, MSNing a lot during office hour.

She could not finish her job mainly due to msning and did not ask anybody to follow up her job whenever she goes on leave. Hence, I am always face with questions from clients when she is not around.

Whenever Ms XX made a mess, she will just hide and keep quiet and I have to clear the "****" for her. It has been going for a few years. Luckily, a temp girl (just 18 years old) who replace Ms XX during Ms XX M.Leave proves to everyone that Ms XX is a very slow workers and makes too much mistake.

CONVLUSION : Even an 18 years old 'A' level works better and faster than this 27 years old diploma holder Ms XX.

PS : I actually feel that Ms XX works too slow because she spent too much time on MSN. and internet surfing

My solution to the frds here : U can make a list of personel stuffs that she do in the office. (msn or email)

Try to get as much evidence as you can. Complain to the boss that if Ms Jia Kelian continue to stay then you will leave the company. Be sure to give your boss these information. If your boss deos not believe in you or still side her, just leave the company lah.

got where dun got?

mine even better. cry and complain non stop gots lots n lots to do. n she spend like 2-3 hrs walking around talking to people around her that she has sooooo much things to do.

but i know her. saw her putting nail polish, curling up her hair during work. surf and chit chat on the phone or msn etc etc.

she even got the cheek to ask me to do research for her..which i tai qi back.

people who are good at complaining make themselve like as if they are working like dogs.

while the real dogs like us are actually doing everything quietly and get treated like dogs by our bosses. :dancingqueen:

putting nail polish, curling up her hair during work?? This is too much leh...Yr boss dunno meh? Or she do it when the boss not around...Shd take a pic of her doing her personal things and send to your boss man!

I always feels tat those who can spend time complaining and complaining, y cant they just sit down quietly and finish the job....the time used to complain is really a waste of time, unless it is during lunch time...

Act, real dogs like us dunno how to POR....very lugi one...those who noes how to POR....will win the race....