Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Air

Inconsiderate Neighbours

haiz.. it's the HENG + SUAY thing when shifting to a new house. For resale flats, pple usually "SCAN" the neighbouring units before buying.

for burning incense paper - there is really nothing you can do, no government dept would take your complaint. If you throw a piece of tissue on the floor, you can be fined up to $5k but if you scatter hellbank notes all over the place - nobody would dare to give you a summon.

so it's either keep quiet and bear with it and then sell the house whenever possible or have a hollywood style confrontation with them ala EVERITT ROAD.

yah lor. i think those kena old owner owe loan sharks one even more suay. my old owner only owe starhub, singtel etc etc, lucky never owe loan sharks. but i will always get those lawyers letter stuck at my gate when i'm out.

so stupid hor, littering, u can be fined. haha......scattering **** paper all over its ok.

Follow govt-way - education.

how to educate them??

The problem is that they do not see it as a problem.

Therefore, "ren" and trash out here in renotalk or talk to them.

Most of the time, they will do as they like as this is not "illegal", just that someone doesn't like it so I must change ma attitude

yah lor. can only ren.

but usually i will tell tc and let them handle it. if not every month pay them for what. hehe......

but not that anything is done, situation still the same !!

Edited by homeloverme

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

homeloveme, next time the puppy barks again can call police saying that the owner might be abusing the puppy.

My mum's house have a neighhbour in 7th floor, whenever there need to pray will always burn alot of incense paper. Her neighbour (opposite is the neighbour) is a christian the jesus christ hang at the top of the main door from silver until bronze. The neighbour complain alot of time but still no use. The ceiling is brown she buy paint and paint back. What worse is we live 9th floor imagine the smoke can go up to 11th floor. Got one time my brother call 995 cos he tot have fire, then the fireman said is the 7th floor neighbour buring the incense paper! A few times, we want to tell them off but stopped by my mum cos she scare they will do black magic to us. I dun smile to them at all lor.

My 2nd floor neighbour originally is a chinese after her neighbour sold the flat to the malay family. The malay family put their plants to her area and making the corridor very dirty then she sold the house to another malay, ha now 2 malay put their plants outside their flats what an eye opener.

My contractor just come today again to do the skirtings for my partition wall and becos they need to cut the marble slabs, so they do it at the corridor. They generate quite a bit of dust and it is quite windy tis morning so naturally the dust will fly all around the place. My right side neighbour simply just keep their doors closed nia, bt still leave their laundry outside!

Since they dun mind wearing dusty clothes, I ask my contractor to cut the marbles further away from my hse.

I dun understand y there are such ppl, still INSISTING putting their laundry outside knowing tat minor renovation work is on going... !! Very funni!

So Mace, I tink yr idea to pick up sawing does not work in tis case for me...Haa...cos I got DIE HARD Laundry fan!

My contractor just come today again to do the skirtings for my partition wall and becos they need to cut the marble slabs, so they do it at the corridor. They generate quite a bit of dust and it is quite windy tis morning so naturally the dust will fly all around the place. My right side neighbour simply just keep their doors closed nia, bt still leave their laundry outside!

Since they dun mind wearing dusty clothes, I ask my contractor to cut the marbles further away from my hse.

I dun understand y there are such ppl, still INSISTING putting their laundry outside knowing tat minor renovation work is on going... !! Very funni!

So Mace, I tink yr idea to pick up sawing does not work in tis case for me...Haa...cos I got DIE HARD Laundry fan!

Hahaha....wah lau like that also can?? Then you no need ke qi with them liao lah...ask your contractor to cut far far away from your house since your neighbours don't seem to mind.... !!

Ya lor Air...tats wat I told my contractor....cut further away...its ok...I even lend them my extension socket...

Mabbe its mean of me... !!

Below is the foto of my right side or so call front neighbour ba...did not managed to take my left side one cos they keep their laundry during weekends...only hang from Mondays to Fridays @ 24 hrs....

As u can c...the corridor is not very wide and 1/2 of the space is already taken up by the racks...

And imagine everyday when I open up my door, the bamboos are pointing at me like knives...perhaps I believes a bit in FS, tat is y I dun quite like the idea of bamboos pointing at me....

So now I erect a partition wall at my LR, one way to counter the bamboos, another way is to block the window view from main door...

Bt bo pian la...at least tis front one dun hang panties and bras la...

The left neighbour's rack is the same as tis one...bt they lagi best, still got those rounded ones which will take up more space...and I gotta make way each time I walk to the lift!

Sometimes the water can drip all over the floor...if 1 day I slip and fall, I will definitely complain to them face to face...I am enduring now nia.... !!

PICT0444.jpg

PICT0444.jpg

i ever seen such scenario lor (at my friend's house - her neighbours). usually, people love to make use of the corridor to hang laundry. our house corridor isnt the same as shown in the photo above therefore our neighbours cant hang their laundry in such a way. every units over at our estates will have a service balcony so just hang there. !!

aiyo, then your neighours are very jialat liao lor. :notti: maybe they think that by hanging along the corridor will be more airy and laundry will dry faster! !!

its best not to have such corridors layout otherwise they got a chance to hang their laundry like that. !!

PICT0444.jpg

Interesting thread going on here.....

I agree that education's the 'wisest' way; but problem is the older generation may tend to be more stubborn....but can't understand why people just cannot be a bit more considerate for others. Burning incense at the corridor (I got this also, but now no more), throwing rubbish and letting chute off suddenly (then all the neighbours will know you just threw your rubbish with the sound of a loud 'bang'!), talking loudly, walking noisely, kids running and DELIBERATELY stomping the floors......the list never ends.

BTW, I have to agree that the direction of the bamboo looks 'threatening'. In fact, just looking at the photograph makes you feel threatened! Seems as if it is pointing at you....

Sometimes really gotta close 1 or both eyes then life will be happier and easier...

true true......but easier said than done hor??

homeloveme, next time the puppy barks again can call police saying that the owner might be abusing the puppy.

My mum's house have a neighhbour in 7th floor, whenever there need to pray will always burn alot of incense paper. Her neighbour (opposite is the neighbour) is a christian the jesus christ hang at the top of the main door from silver until bronze. The neighbour complain alot of time but still no use. The ceiling is brown she buy paint and paint back. What worse is we live 9th floor imagine the smoke can go up to 11th floor. Got one time my brother call 995 cos he tot have fire, then the fireman said is the 7th floor neighbour buring the incense paper! A few times, we want to tell them off but stopped by my mum cos she scare they will do black magic to us. I dun smile to them at all lor.

My 2nd floor neighbour originally is a chinese after her neighbour sold the flat to the malay family. The malay family put their plants to her area and making the corridor very dirty then she sold the house to another malay, ha now 2 malay put their plants outside their flats what an eye opener.

that is just so horrible. i'm not a christian, i'm a chinese also. but i agree that the burning of those incense papers outside our flats is just not acceptable lor. really like kena fire like that, its very smoky lor.

n this puppy just keeps barking n barking n barking. its really really irritating.

n yah, for those who like to put a lot of plants outside like as if they living in terrace house like that, also very irritating. there will be mosquitoes also.

that is just so horrible. i'm not a christian, i'm a chinese also. but i agree that the burning of those incense papers outside our flats is just not acceptable lor. really like kena fire like that, its very smoky lor.

n this puppy just keeps barking n barking n barking. its really really irritating.

n yah, for those who like to put a lot of plants outside like as if they living in terrace house like that, also very irritating. there will be mosquitoes also.

Ya...easier said than done...bt in fact I am doing it now...actually closing both eyes lor...and c which day will explode.....if 1 day I explode...there will be no end!

yah yah, some people will insist of putting their laundry outside, dusty or not they don't care. isn't it more dirty this way?? i cannot, i only dry my laundry inside. cos hang outside, upstarirs neighbours will hang their dripping wet clothes outside. its more dirty that way lor.

Ya lor Air...tats wat I told my contractor....cut further away...its ok...I even lend them my extension socket...

Mabbe its mean of me... !!

Below is the foto of my right side or so call front neighbour ba...did not managed to take my left side one cos they keep their laundry during weekends...only hang from Mondays to Fridays @ 24 hrs....

As u can c...the corridor is not very wide and 1/2 of the space is already taken up by the racks...

And imagine everyday when I open up my door, the bamboos are pointing at me like knives...perhaps I believes a bit in FS, tat is y I dun quite like the idea of bamboos pointing at me....

So now I erect a partition wall at my LR, one way to counter the bamboos, another way is to block the window view from main door...

Bt bo pian la...at least tis front one dun hang panties and bras la...

The left neighbour's rack is the same as tis one...bt they lagi best, still got those rounded ones which will take up more space...and I gotta make way each time I walk to the lift!

Sometimes the water can drip all over the floor...if 1 day I slip and fall, I will definitely complain to them face to face...I am enduring now nia.... !!

PICT0444.jpg

wah lau, because of them, u must do partiton, so sick right??

my neighbour also have a bicycle outside, facing my door, and half of it is over at my space. i also bo bian...

The problem is we also hv a service balcony for eacn unit...bt they still prefer to hang it outside...

if got service balcony, i really dun understand why do they still need to hang outside.

Ya...easier said than done...bt in fact I am doing it now...actually closing both eyes lor...and c which day will explode.....if 1 day I explode...there will be no end!

haha, if u gonna explode one day, come in here to vent first, maybe u'll feel better :)

wah lau, because of them, u must do partiton, so sick right??

my neighbour also have a bicycle outside, facing my door, and half of it is over at my space. i also bo bian...

if got service balcony, i really dun understand why do they still need to hang outside.

haha, if u gonna explode one day, come in here to vent first, maybe u'll feel better :)

Very jia lat living with this kind of neighbours...karen, i totally can understand how you feel now....the picture itself already very offensive.....can imagine you facing this everyday....gosh...how come sme ppl just hv no consideration for other ppl?? Feel like :) these ppl....

I think this kinda issue is not about accepting religion or not anymore...it's just plain inconsideration.... !!

My grandma is a buddhist too....she also needs to burn incense papers come hungry ghost festival or on some occasions.....but she nvr does it outside her unit cos she knows it will create alot of smoke and cause inconvenience to other ppl....she always burn them downstairs...she also knows it's fire hazard to burn outside the unit and she obviously doesn't want the smoke to go inside her house too....so if she can do it, how come others must die die burn outside their flat?? It's just convenient for those ppl cos they don't hv to go all the way downstairs to burn even if the lifts can transport them all the way downstairs without them having to use the stairs....idiotic lazy bunch of ppl... !!

Edited by Air