Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Air

Inconsiderate Neighbours

My flat is a 4 unit point block so which means that our corridor is very small. My other neighbours like to hang dry their clothes outside the corridor which makes it very unsightly and very luan. My opposite neighbour who just moved in also started to hang their clothes outside the corridor! When we went up last Sat, we found that they have went a step further and hung their clothes just right outside our unit!! I was so furious!:D:wub:

My adjacent neighbour treats the whole corridor as theirs and they fill the corridor with their clothes..they had a lot of kids in the house....once, they even placed the kids' school shoes on the rubbish chute to dry them and another time, we found they hung their teck koh on the rubbish chute area!:bleah:

We haven't moved in and they are already making me very upset, esp my opposite neighbour who hangs their clothes outside our unit. How to tell them nicely that we don't want them to hang outside our unit?!

Sometimes I feel like shouting at them...their kids also make alot of noise on the cooridor...they were so noisy that I went outside and ask them to lower their volume once....now going up to our unit is like waiting for a nightmare waiting to happen....sobz...

Edited by Air

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

poor air. me not any better than u. our neighbours put lots of junk in the corridor & it's really an eyesore everytime i return home from work. if we were to complain to town council, how effective would it be? but the neighbours would definitely know who complained since we just moved in, right? so what's the best solution? confront them directly? sigh headache...

poor air. me not any better than u. our neighbours put lots of junk in the corridor & it's really an eyesore everytime i return home from work. if we were to complain to town council, how effective would it be? but the neighbours would definitely know who complained since we just moved in, right? so what's the best solution? confront them directly? sigh headache...

Ya my hubby asked me not to go complain to town council first, he wants to try talking to them first...but I can't stand it anymore! Everytime the lift door opens, sure to get a shock!:dunno: I also duno what to do if they refuse to listen...now think of my house nia, I am very sianz already...how come got such inconsiderate ppl around one?? :P

Edited by Air

urs is mainly laundry huh?

ours got shoe cabinet, children's toys (loads of it) and a whole lineup of plants... pek cek... but we been staying there for a few mths liao...

will get the guy to talk to the neighbours once he is back from reservist.

Edited by cornetto

urs is mainly laundry huh?

ours got shoe cabinet, children's toys (loads of it) and a whole lineup of plants... pek cek... but we been staying there for a few mths liao...

will get the guy to talk to the neighbours once he is back from reservist.

Ya mainly laundry...but their laundry is like phwah...how many ppl live in the house?!? They are 4 room flat can squeeze so many ppl meh?? Super sianz...on the adjacent neighbour's side, got shoe cabinet, toys and those kid's toy cars and bicycles....i see liao i wana faintz...and the kids (3 of them) like to run along the corridor and scream...so headache hearing their screams and shouts...stupid kids.. .i hope they move out soon...:dunno:

The newly moved-in neighours opposite us even worse lor....hang their clothes directly outside our flat...see liao also suay u know? Sianz...

Ya I think guys will be more tactful. I think if I go talk to them, I will surely boey tahan and scold them.

Edited by Air

Is it because your side got sunshine? I know my corner got sunshine so my neighbour put their plant at my side. Their side and the rest are wall up to the neck, but my one is those wall with holes...

But ok lar, at least not directly in front of my unit but it is in my unit space. Yar lor, esp those with children, can see their toys left outside, bicycle left outside, etc.

One even best. Put their shoe cabinet inside the PUB meter area. Everytime the PUB people come take reading, open the door, greeted with smelly shoes.

Is it because your side got sunshine? I know my corner got sunshine so my neighbour put their plant at my side. Their side and the rest are wall up to the neck, but my one is those wall with holes...

But ok lar, at least not directly in front of my unit but it is in my unit space. Yar lor, esp those with children, can see their toys left outside, bicycle left outside, etc.

One even best. Put their shoe cabinet inside the PUB meter area. Everytime the PUB people come take reading, open the door, greeted with smelly shoes.

Ya my side got sunshine while their sun is kena blocked...ok i understand that their clothes are difficult to dry like this but they don't have to place their clothes right outside my unit or treat the rubbish chute ma chiam like their own right? d-a-m-n irritated by them!:dunno: very very inconsiderate :P:good::good:

Hahahaha..... is it those old flats? Seems like the same design.

Understand your frustration. I also dun understand why they dun want to dry their clothes outside their unit using those bamboo poles? Old folks living?

Then put your smelly shoes outside, hopefully they get the hint.

Ya my side got sunshine while their sun is kena blocked...ok i understand that their clothes are difficult to dry like this but they don't have to place their clothes right outside my unit or treat the rubbish chute ma chiam like their own right? d-a-m-n irritated by them!:) very very inconsiderate :furious::furious::furious:

Air, you need to think about the consequences if you choose to face them off.

Unless you intend to move house very soon....having conflict with these inconsiderate B*****ds will spoil your mood for the rest of your time staying there.

A inconsiderate B****** will never change his ways by simply having dialogue. You can never change the nature of a man overnight. When you tell them off, they will only get pissed and WANTS to take "revenge" on you.

Either LL accept it or move house.

FYI - my KLK neighbours above pounds chilli(mortar + pestle) at 12 midnight!:notti:!:~ every night dragging their furnitures.....i just got to live with it.

Air, you need to think about the consequences if you choose to face them off.

Unless you intend to move house very soon....having conflict with these inconsiderate B*****ds will spoil your mood for the rest of your time staying there.

A inconsiderate B****** will never change his ways by simply having dialogue. You can never change the nature of a man overnight. When you tell them off, they will only get pissed and WANTS to take "revenge" on you.

Either LL accept it or move house.

FYI - my KLK neighbours above pounds chilli(mortar + pestle) at 12 midnight!:)!:notti: every night dragging their furnitures.....i just got to live with it.

It's not an old house leh....about 5 years and we bought it new from HDB. And the thing is I haven't moved in yet and I'm starting to dislike them. Mace, I agree of the consequences of a face-off but they are really making me feel very upset even before moving in. I can't move cos just bought the flat. Sigh....just wana get this out of my chest....intially we bought the flat, our opposite neighbour was ok....the corridor was clean since they don't hagn clothes or put shoe cabinet outside....but we discovered they sold their flat after that, now move in new neighbour then kena this kinda thing.....very very sianz....:~

you forgot the EVERITT road court cases? LANDED PROPERTY hor!:):notti:

Haha I dun want to end like like Everitt Road!! Some more my corridor so small!! :~

It's not an old house leh....about 5 years and we bought it new from HDB. And the thing is I haven't moved in yet and I'm starting to dislike them. Mace, I agree of the consequences of a face-off but they are really making me feel very upset even before moving in. I can't move cos just bought the flat. Sigh....just wana get this out of my chest....intially we bought the flat, our opposite neighbour was ok....the corridor was clean since they don't hagn clothes or put shoe cabinet outside....but we discovered they sold their flat after that, now move in new neighbour then kena this kinda thing.....very very sianz....:(

haiz, it's all about HENG+SUAY when comes to neighbours....

but if they blocked any corridor areas or rubbish disposal area....this is fire hazard, can call civil defense hehehe :bangwall:

not say block lah... but without their things, wun be so eyesore... and also will have more spacious walkway mah... somemore the plants dun look very healthy... sigh.