Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ranval9

Ranval's Love Kennel Part 2

maybe you want to consider asking your ID to incorporate the divider into the design - the one between main door and BR door :P

personally hor, i think your living room not big enough to do the divider thingy i.e. separating living from dining

it'll make both areas look very small wor :dunno:

huh?? then the whole design is changed totally wor ...

my house is not that big for a start and hubby prefers our place to be cozy ... :dunno:

As per current, we could only secure $20K loan from RHB. It's already the most despressing

time for us. My own savings almost dried up after made the $4.5K desposit to ID.

Still have other commitments to worry for and need to save more rain days in future while

Ran's own savings for getting other major stuff for the house.

We need to work hand in hand to overcome this issue.

Will be getting ID to check all the colours to match with our current floor tiles.

No point of driving ourselves mad to look for extra cash ... Save and cut cost what ever

we can.

Money never enough .. you always want to have more ... but when you die , you can't

bring all the money into your grave :bleah::notti::ph34r:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
huh?? then the whole design is changed totally wor ...

my house is not that big for a start and hubby prefers our place to be cozy ... :P

As per current, we could only secure $20K loan from RHB. It's already the most despressing

time for us. My own savings almost dried up after made the $4.5K desposit to ID.

Still have other commitments to worry for and need to save more rain days in future while

Ran's own savings for getting other major stuff for the house.

We need to work hand in hand to overcome this issue.

Will be getting ID to check all the colours to match with our current floor tiles.

No point of driving ourselves mad to look for extra cash ... Save and cut cost what ever

we can.

Money never enough .. you always want to have more ... but when you die , you can't

bring all the money into your grave :bleah::notti::ph34r:

How come end up become $20k only wor?! u checked with other RHB bankers le ma, other than the jian ren. If you are not adding anything to the contract, it will be enough on the ID side, but u need to worry about the electrical works and things like lightings and sanitary wares that you need for the hse lor.

dun know leh, find that the living area really cramp loh

don't even have space for a coffee table :bleah:

personally i prefer the layout by your FSM, looks more open and spacious :notti:

dun worry so much about money, just squeeze here and there sure can make do one lah

i started off with a budget of $10k, and only enough to cover

then slowly it just ballooned to the final bill now $36k

but then i got a few months to squeeze from everywhere and some unexpected bonuses here and there to cover

also, maybe you want to consider cutting some of the stuff that can be done at a later stage e.g. BR2 and 3 can be left empty first :ph34r:

so the most important thing to do is

1. no more taxi :P:dunno:

How come end up become $20k only wor?! u checked with other RHB bankers le ma, other than the jian ren. If you are not adding anything to the contract, it will be enough on the ID side, but u need to worry about the electrical works and things like lightings and sanitary wares that you need for the hse lor.

Haiz ... that jian ren no longer doing my loan le ... now it's another guy Peter. He has explained

clearly that it is due to my low basic pay and my debt record with the Credit Burea.

Thus why need a 3rd party to try, in order to secure $30K. We have no rich relatives and shy to ask ard.

FIL turned us down, already upsetting Ran le.

Electrical works is already included in my package. Confirmed more than 3 times with Broyz.

Lightings and others will have to use Ran's savings or our credit cards lor .. no choice le ...

Just getting all the basic stuff 1st..

others slowly get ... few mth one item .. :notti:

Haiz ... that jian ren no longer doing my loan le ... now it's another guy Peter. He has explained

clearly that it is due to my low basic pay and my debt record with the Credit Burea.

Thus why need a 3rd party to try, in order to secure $30K. We have no rich relatives and shy to ask ard.

Electrical works is already included in my package. Confirmed more than 3 times with Broyz.

Lightings and others will have to use Ran's savings or our credit cards lor .. no choice le ... Just getting all the basic stuff 1st..

others slowly get ... few mth one item .. :notti:

Be careful when using credit card jus make sure u are able to pay it when the bills is due.

Credit card interest is 24% p.a. hor. :notti:

Edited by Cantona7

or make use of those balance transfer if really necessary

UOB is the cheapest so far, 2% on principal for six months

might even be cheaper than reno loan if can repay within six months zz:P

Another althernative is postpond ur reno few mths back, since year end is coming maybe u can wait for the bonus and in the meantime try to save as much as possible. We also took 6 mths to stock up our bullets b4 our reno start. :notti:

Hope it help abit. Jiao yu! :rolleyes:

Lightings and others will have to use Ran's savings or our credit cards lor .. no choice le ...

Just getting all the basic stuff 1st..

others slowly get ... few mth one item .. :rolleyes:

wah, maybe cause your is resale ba that's y electrical included? Then the price Broyz gave u is really worth it lor. Their electrical Terence charged us $1.3k for electrical points and works. Just tell Broyz abt the credit limit, he will try to work within it de, that's wat we did. Dont worry so much, ship reach harbour will straight de.

Hihi .. thanks for all your encouagement.

Now pending another $12K personal loan from ABN. Wish me lucks ...

:bangwall::dribble:

Hey compassvale :bleah: Here is part 2 :bow:! :help::deal:

Well, latest update .. we will go ahead with the reno discussion this sat with Broyz my ID.

We will be comparing the material colurs with our current flooring ...which is light greyish white wor ...

Hope to find something nice to match wor ... so that we can save more money ... if not,

hack and tile as per quotation.

Just confirmed the RHB $20K reno loan le ... now pending ABN $12 personal loan ... results

will be out next week...

So far, we have $24.5K le .. ($4.5K + $20K)

Will be gettin toshiba sys 3 airon,

thus need to add a glass door for kitchen le. 8| how much ??

Lastly, Oreo is coming back to Singapore afterall.

Just got the news that AVA finally has a room from 17 Oct.

Oreo will be my birthday present from Ran

but me the one paying for everything :dribble::good:

You won't be seeing him on 27 Oct. He will be back home ard 17 Nov.

Wait till open house ... :good::bow:

Will post the design for our master bathroom on sat too .. ;)

Edited by ranval9

Lastly, Oreo is coming back to Singapore afterall.

Just got the news that AVA finally has a room from 17 Oct.

Oreo will be my birthday present from Ran

but me the one paying for everything :dribble::good:

You won't be seeing him on 27 Oct. He will be back home ard 17 Nov.

Wait till open house ... :bleah::bow:

wah...next time you not only our yorkie's god-mum,

can be in-laws liao 8|

Val - the Mrs version here... I was so do-do.. totally missed out on this Part 2 blog till the Mr version tol me over lunch today... *slap forehead*

Anyway, saw your updates on the loan bit. Most remember that final reno bills are usually more more than the quote you signed for... coz along the way, we will add things here and there.. (e.g. electrical points included in the quote maybe only X number of points. Then you add one here, add another there, that's another sum of money alr... ). Our personal experience, our final bill is 25% more than our initial quotation.. coz we keep adding things... So please budget for that "excess". Else sure very very tight when the final bill comes.

Also dont forget abt cost of the cooker hob, hood, sink, oven, all sanitaries, aircon, electrical wires (if you have concealed wiring for sound system), lights... these are cost that prob wont be in your reno quote....

And for credit card interest free installment plans, even cheaper electrical stores like Hong Liang etc allow this plan, but need to pay 4% more (if i didnt remember wrongly). Small price to pay for the ease of cash flow. BUT dont forget the annual subscription fees that you have to pay for your credit card. If you have outstanding installment with the credit card, less chance they will waive your annual fee and you have to pay the fee, coz you cannot terminate the installment plan (without paying the penalty). So do check on the credit card subscription fee part.

that's all from my experience doing my own house lah.. hope it helps... Mr Compassvale was the macro person (all the decision on what material, what concept, what brand of elecrticals etc) while I was the one who did the micro plannig (aircon trunking etc), the detailed financials (job hazard la) :dribble:

And really, we cant wait to see Oreo. Finally, Fifi will have a same size fren to play with! She currently ignores my JRT, who is being nosey over Fifi whenever Fifi visits.. haha...

Val - the Mrs version here... I was so do-do.. totally missed out on this Part 2 blog till the Mr version tol me over lunch today... *slap forehead*

Anyway, saw your updates on the loan bit. Most remember that final reno bills are usually more more than the quote you signed for... coz along the way, we will add things here and there.. (e.g. electrical points included in the quote maybe only X number of points. Then you add one here, add another there, that's another sum of money alr... ). Our personal experience, our final bill is 25% more than our initial quotation.. coz we keep adding things... So please budget for that "excess". Else sure very very tight when the final bill comes.

Also dont forget abt cost of the cooker hob, hood, sink, oven, all sanitaries, aircon, electrical wires (if you have concealed wiring for sound system), lights... these are cost that prob wont be in your reno quote....

And for credit card interest free installment plans, even cheaper electrical stores like Hong Liang etc allow this plan, but need to pay 4% more (if i didnt remember wrongly). Small price to pay for the ease of cash flow. BUT dont forget the annual subscription fees that you have to pay for your credit card. If you have outstanding installment with the credit card, less chance they will waive your annual fee and you have to pay the fee, coz you cannot terminate the installment plan (without paying the penalty). So do check on the credit card subscription fee part.

that's all from my experience doing my own house lah.. hope it helps... Mr Compassvale was the macro person (all the decision on what material, what concept, what brand of elecrticals etc) while I was the one who did the micro plannig (aircon trunking etc), the detailed financials (job hazard la) :D

And really, we cant wait to see Oreo. Finally, Fifi will have a same size fren to play with! She currently ignores my JRT, who is being nosey over Fifi whenever Fifi visits.. haha...

Haha .. kinda know it's you ... hahaa .. :rofl::rofl:

Yah true true .. We are also very scared abt the end results for reno payment wor ...

now keeping all my fingers crossed that I can secured the $12K loan.

I really scared of my credit cards le ... I can easily pile

up lots of bills , from buying lots of this n that ... etc ... etc ...

Coz at last, I have the spending power 8| 8| Clearing debts is not easy wor ...

At 1st, was very upset with Ran for refusing to shop with me ..... now I know the reasons ..

He knows that me will anyhow buy , and thinkin the items would be useful or able blend into

our home theme ... but it might turn out that I spent for nothing ... coz everything I like currently

are huge in size and colourful. Thus he kept my major credit cards to stop me from maddness shopping spee ...

Can't blame him .. coz I got Oreo within hours of shopping at Taipei >>>>> 8|8| myself

Now me super headache on the arrangement for Oreo .

Need to buy tix to fly over to fetch him back and secure the off days on 17-18 Oct

then reapply the AVA Import permit. :bangwall::bangwall:

congrats on your birthday 'present' 8|:(

thanks alot ... not really happy thou ...

hmm.. now I wonder to how to settle the problem of having 2 dogs ..Need to get licencing

for donut ... haiz 8|8|

need a proper cages plannin too ..

ah ben has a cage , donut using play pan .. then oreo how ?? 8|