Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
karen77sg

Nice Hawker Food

Hi Hi....decided to start a new thread for this section for Singapore's nice hawker food recommendations.

Any good recommendations are welcome to input here.... :)

Oni hawker/food court or cofyshop recommendations ok? :rolleyes:

To start the ball rolling, I shall start some here.... :(

Here are some tt I have tried before and I personally feel tt they are worth recommendation. :good:

Tat's for all, when I can recall or tried any new ones, shall update again....

- Tiong Bahru market's Lor mee

- Alexandra Village market's claypot laksa (oni in mornings), bak kut teh and avocado juice

- lavender food court's wanton mee (closed on Wednesdays)

- Lagoon's wanton mee, chix wings and satay bee hoon

- Whampoa market's rojak, satay bee hoon and chix wings and BBQ crabs

- Redhill market's carrot cake, Oyster omelette

- ABC market's chicken rice

- Jurong West 500 series market's wanton mee, chix porridge

- Bukit Batok St 11's Hor Fun

- Margaret Drive's Chao Kway Tiao (only open from Mon to Sat, only at nite, If I not wrong is from 5 pm to 11pm) - normally u need to q for half an hour if the queue is long...SUPER NICE!

- Holland Hawker Centre's Kway Chap - there are 2 stalls there, eat the one with the red bowls and plates. They only open in the morning till afternoon. The Kuay and chilli is super nice...drooling...

Recently tried a "Zhi Char" at Ang Mo Kio. It is a cofyshop though, not Hawker Centre.

It has a unique queing system just like restaurant style. They will ask u to queue at 1 side

first, the take yr orders while waiting for a seat.

I tried the chili crab, spareribs wrapped in leaves, steamed prawns and spinach with mushrooms. The chilli crab is fabulous! Hot enuff and the crab is super big....NICE!

They charge the crabs at $35/kg, slightly exp....

The dishes are very delicious too.... :wub:

Mellben Seafood Pte Ltd

Add is Blk 232, Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 (st 22), #01-1222

Tel : 62856762

Daily from 5pm to 11pm

Learnt from them tat u can make reservations everyday except Sat and Sun.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
- Alexandra Village market's claypot laksa (oni in mornings), bak kut teh and avocado juice

talking abt that...does anyone know how to make the avocado juice ? seem like there's extra liao inside..it cant be so simple as in just blend the avocado and ice right ?

A few things that FW and me like at Whampoa Market:

- Mee siam and lontong

- Ban mian

- Odeh Odeh

- Yeo Nam Kee Hainanese Chicken Rice at Junction of Braddell Rd and Upper Serangoon Rd

- "Tian Wai Tian" fishhead steamboat at Blk 226B AMK Ave 1 :dunno:

- Chomp Chomp Fried Hokkien Mee

- Alexandra Village market's claypot laksa (oni in mornings)

It was reported in newspaper sometime back that this stall at AV is not the original "Zhen Zhen" claypot laksa liao. The report said that they have returned the stall back to the owner after the lease is up and the owner is now selling the claypot laksa under the "Zhen Zhen" name. I think the original "Zhen Zhen" has shifted to Telok Blangah Rise market.

Edited by TYM

- Redhill market's carrot cake, Oyster omelette, SATAY BEEHOON, ICE KACHANG

- Margaret Drive's Chao Kway Tiao (only open from Mon to Sat, only at nite, If I not wrong is from 5 pm to 11pm) - normally u need to q for half an hour if the queue is long...SUPER NICE!

- Holland Hawker Centre's Kway Chap - there are 2 stalls there, eat the one with the red bowls and plates. They only open in the morning till afternoon. The Kuay and chilli is super nice...drooling...

- Bedok North bah chor mee

A few things that FW and me like at Whampoa Market:

- Mee siam and lontong

- Ban mian

- Odeh Odeh

- Yeo Nam Kee Hainanese Chicken Rice at Junction of Braddell Rd and Upper Serangoon Rd

- "Tian Wai Tian" fishhead steamboat at Blk 226B AMK Ave 1 :notti:

- Chomp Chomp Fried Hokkien Mee

It was reported in newspaper sometime back that this stall at AV is not the original "Zhen Zhen" claypot laksa liao. The report said that they have returned the stall back to the owner after the lease is up and the owner is now selling the claypot laksa under the "Zhen Zhen" name. I think the original "Zhen Zhen" has shifted to Telok Blangah Rise market.

I used to go to "Tian Wai Tian" for their fish steamboat too...bt stop going there since last year after they served us "stale" fish....and they still can argue tt there is nothing wrong with the fish...imagine the fish inside the steamboat is fried ones!

Oic...Zhen zhen is not the real one...cos I used to go depot road one and later to AV...tink must go Telok Blangah rise one of these days to try!

- Redhill market's carrot cake, Oyster omelette, SATAY BEEHOON, ICE KACHANG

- Bedok North bah chor mee

If oni Bedok north Bah Chor mee got serve in dry ones..then I will like....bt too bad is all soup ones....

Jetson market Bah Chor Mee also very nice.

Last time the Marina Square Bah Chor Mee the best, but later moved to somewhere when the place undergoes renovation.

but hor, if you go to the AV stall you'll see the pix of the depot rd stall

then the guy inside the pix is at the AV stall leh :notti:

think the old couple retired liao so passed the stall on to their helper

it's really :deal::bow:

other stalls i'd recommend

1. ABC market - claypot rice. the fruit drink stall opposite also not bad

2. margaret drive market - second floor claypot rice and guo tie (gyoza). first floor western food

3. bukit merah view - western food (wild wild west). the coffeeshop nearby (blk 115) tian tian hainanese curry rice

4. Alexandra village (bukit merah lane 1) - the claypot laksa as mentioned, the indian rice next door, the chin chao drink two stalls away, and the vegetarian food along the same stretch

5. hong lim food centre - ground floor is curry chicken noodles and bak kut teh, second floor is char kway tiao (outram park), fish soup, almond soy bean milk, hakka zi char, porridge (only open after 9pm, morning sells roast meats), bak chang

6. lagoon food centre - love the satay bee hoon and the beef noodles there not bad

7. jln beseh food centre - two beef noodles stall on the ground floor not bad

If oni Bedok north Bah Chor mee got serve in dry ones..then I will like....bt too bad is all soup ones....

got leh, the next door one got sell dry one

Last time the Marina Square Bah Chor Mee the best, but later moved to somewhere when the place undergoes renovation.

shifted to a coffeeshop at crawford lane

if you go to that area, check out the hakka yong tau foo at the food centre

the FC there got one snake temple with a giant python one :)

tiong bahru market - pig organ soup and prawn mee. but the prawn mee always sold out by lunch time :notti: !!

zion rd food centre - there's a stall that sells fried fritters, got cheese fish cake etc. quite not bad and different from usual fried stuff

Yup...I tried before...not bad....and their special fishcake also not bad! :notti:

but hor, if you go to the AV stall you'll see the pix of the depot rd stall

then the guy inside the pix is at the AV stall leh :notti:

think the old couple retired liao so passed the stall on to their helper

it's really :P:good:

other stalls i'd recommend

1. ABC market - claypot rice. the fruit drink stall opposite also not bad

2. margaret drive market - second floor claypot rice and guo tie (gyoza). first floor western food

3. bukit merah view - western food (wild wild west). the coffeeshop nearby (blk 115) tian tian hainanese curry rice

4. Alexandra village (bukit merah lane 1) - the claypot laksa as mentioned, the indian rice next door, the chin chao drink two stalls away, and the vegetarian food along the same stretch

5. hong lim food centre - ground floor is curry chicken noodles and bak kut teh, second floor is char kway tiao (outram park), fish soup, almond soy bean milk, hakka zi char, porridge (only open after 9pm, morning sells roast meats), bak chang

6. lagoon food centre - love the satay bee hoon and the beef noodles there not bad

7. jln beseh food centre - two beef noodles stall on the ground floor not bad

got leh, the next door one got sell dry one

shifted to a coffeeshop at crawford lane

if you go to that area, check out the hakka yong tau foo at the food centre

the FC there got one snake temple with a giant python one :good:

tiong bahru market - pig organ soup and prawn mee. but the prawn mee always sold out by lunch time :notti::(

zion rd food centre - there's a stall that sells fried fritters, got cheese fish cake etc. quite not bad and different from usual fried stuff

I hv not tried the dried bak Chor Mee yet...perhaps shd try one day...nice? Worth going there?

wow so many selection i read untill blur blur liao. I like the Bar Chor Mee at Bestway. yummilicious.

Sorry ah....where is Bestway?

I hv not tried the dried bak Chor Mee yet...perhaps shd try one day...nice? Worth going there?

honestly, find that the dry version just normal

not worth making the trip there specially for it

if you like dried bak chor mee, can try the ah nan abalone noodles

they have the normal without abalone version, quite nice

it's along lavendar street, one street before tessehnson rd :D

Sorry ah....where is Bestway?

Bestway building is at Tanjong Pagar, where TV 12 is. Its opposite MAS building.., near temasek towers... the bak chor mee is really super nice! a must try... but the queue is abit long during lunch hours..

honestly, find that the dry version just normal

not worth making the trip there specially for it

if you like dried bak chor mee, can try the ah nan abalone noodles

they have the normal without abalone version, quite nice

it's along lavendar street, one street before tessehnson rd :furious:

Yup yup...tried tt...not bad! :furious:

Bestway building is at Tanjong Pagar, where TV 12 is. Its opposite MAS building.., near temasek towers... the bak chor mee is really super nice! a must try... but the queue is abit long during lunch hours..

Okok...I noe where liao...they open in weekends? Sat?

Okok...I noe where liao...they open in weekends? Sat?

Oh no.. dunno leh. dont work on sat. so never been there on a sat b4..