Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mint

Glass Door - Slanted!

Picture285.jpg

Picture287-1.jpg

Picture286.jpg

This is the handle supplied to me. See first pic, the rim is not truely round. At the edge of the rim, got this dark mark like sandpaper used to rub the rim.... When I voiced out to the installer why like this, he said its like this- "mo liao jiu zhe yang" (means rub already its like this). I said wan to change, he said its like that one. The company used is A PLus Glass (the worker wear this red t-shirt)

Is it true? Only the third pic is a perfect rim. But the first two pics shows a shoddy products. Is your glass door handle like this? This is my kitchen door.

Also, why when I push the door forward, there is a creeking sound. If I pull it, then no sound.

Edited by mint

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

A PLUS GLASS?????

The mere mention of this company makes my blood boil!!!!

I had to take leave 3 or 4 times to get them to do my shower screen properly! My ID wasn't quite able to handle them, and I had to call them up personally. I told my ID, if that is not fixed, I'm not paying for that. they can remove it and bring it back. I won't pay $500 for a piece of shaking glass, might as well settle for 3 shower curtains?

They kept insisting that it's the way it's done and every household also like that, the whole bloody shower screen was shaky and wobbly yet they still insist that it's like that. They could even get the dimensions wrong when the whole shower kerb is there for them to measure. Their workers also have this idiotic habit of sitting on the toilet bowl when the cover is down, you should see how unhappy they were when I told them off TWICE for that. Which moron uses the toilet bowl as a chair at home with the cover down???

They also treat your toilet like some coffee shop toilet, simply barge in, close door and start using. I'm fine with workers using my toilet, but at least have the basic courtesy to ask. Goodness, the only part which I HATE about my entire renovation is having to deal with those idiots from A PLUS GLASS myself!

WAH. yes its A Plus Glass P/L in Tuas. I saw theire red T-shirt. So far ok leh, I only catch them the second time when they came to replace my kitchen glass door, but Im not happy about the handle being not rounded. My hubby says ok lah, let it go. But I still dont like it. Cos I pay for a new item, but something that look defective.

hi, i think you should get them to change it. reason being (the 1st pic metal handle), if my guess is correct, normally these handle dun need to sand. if they sand it, its bcoz they must hv drop it and part of the metal edge is dented and they attempt to sand it to round off the dent so that customer will not notice it.

reject it if you can, dun forget, you are paying, you hv the right. dun anyhw accept for sub-standard items coz once accept or signed, you will hv a hard time to get them to change, you will be at their mercy.

pls refer to the following 2 threads i hv posted. do take lots of pics, document, record and file all your whatever that is to be amended properly to safeguard yourself. i hv went thru alot of big and small cases in constrn line in complains, rectification, LD, law cases of similar and other bigger scope of works, so as advise by my lawyers, black & white (nowadays pics with descriptions, date, time, + workers & ID or whoever the living souls in the pic is a even better explantions) helps to prove your case juz in case something goes wrong.

" http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=9236&st=0 "

"pls refer to this thread for "Help! We Engaged A Lousy Renovation Contractor!"

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10046

do all the necessary documentations juz in to protect yourself if the worst happen. you never know."

glass and tiles cutter are similar, and they can even cut round shape with centre many odd shapes also can. its a vy vy simple job. so much easier then cutting pipes (whether big or small pipes). i had cut pipes using pipe cutting machine (by electric) and manual pipe cutting tools b4, so i know its easier to cut glass. glass cutting machine vy easy to use, so long you dun cut yourself, draw dimension properly, its a piece of cake. so no excuse for them.

convince your hb/bf not to accept sub-standard stuffs. coz if accept them nw, you want to change if things start to fall apart, den you will incur more $$ and headache + inconvenience. my motto is always do things rite in the 1st try, so that dun hv to keep doing rectification, which is costly and problematic.

if you are afraid of problms and hazzle of small items to change nw, juz imagine in days to cum, if things breakdown, you go get ppl to rectify, won't it cause another inconvenience again?

for matte metal handle, usually, handmarks are not easily seen. but both are definitely going to hv scratches, they are not scratch proof. except that for matte ones, unless you look really close, if not, scratches are not easily seen. for glossy metal, u hv to keep it clean everytime.

above is juz my views. hope its helpful to you.

Edited by leen

A PLUS GLASS?????

The mere mention of this company makes my blood boil!:dancingqueen:!

I had to take leave 3 or 4 times to get them to do my shower screen properly! My ID wasn't quite able to handle them, and I had to call them up personally. I told my ID, if that is not fixed, I'm not paying for that. they can remove it and bring it back. I won't pay $500 for a piece of shaking glass, might as well settle for 3 shower curtains?

Goodness, the only part which I HATE about my entire renovation is having to deal with those idiots from A PLUS GLASS myself!

They r big glass co & the installer they use r not their owned employees.(2005 info, now not sure) they r paid based on how many shower screens n glass or mirror they install per day. they r very fast workers who can install a standard shower screen within 30mins while other glass co abt fastest 45min. they need to be fast & will try all means to fix it even hav small problem as they don't wish to waste another trip.

some but not all of the installer use to remove the small spring inside the shower hinge for default free installing. this will make ur hinge stay working thoughout as it is already at that stage.

i cant see the pic so dont really know how bad is the gap. but luckily they changed it for u. but from the wrote out, 841mm n 846mm , difference is only 5 mm, glass co wont cut it slant for u. but if u mention 15mm gap or 25mm gap, than confirm its the guy who came to take measurement at fault n installer just cant be bother or that time id need to hand over ur flat the next day so they just install.