Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
katvolution

Wedding Album

Hmm... Maybe I should hiong hiong just spend the $$ on my carpentry.. Carpentry very hard to save.. Especially if they are meant to be the highlight of my home. ;)

I don't want to skip certain carpentry now and do it later on.. Will be a mess right? All the dirt flying around.. !!

Just discussed with my boy. Decided to go ahead with the carpentry. At least 90% of it. :bangwall: Our remaining savings should be enough to last us for some time. :)

As for my contractor/ID, we engaged my boy's uncle who is in this line. !!

yup... dat was wat i meant... coz carpentary if wanna add on later on might cause the whole house to be very dusty and messy...

good! at least u have made a decision!! :yamseng:

oh... ur hubby's uncle... then i guess u all got a special price :jawdrop:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
yup... dat was wat i meant... coz carpentary if wanna add on later on might cause the whole house to be very dusty and messy...

good! at least u have made a decision!! :)

oh... ur hubby's uncle... then i guess u all got a special price ;)

Ya lor.. We also thought about it too.. But we did cut out 3 small carpentry items.. !!

Hmm.. Special price ar? I really don't know leh.. I know carpentry is measured by the length etc.. I also never really go into details. My boy is the one negotiating the prices. Maybe you can advise me?

I got the following :

- Feature wall for 37" TV for living room. (able to turn 360 degrees)

- Platform for cosy corner, veneer(is this how you spell??) finishing.

- Kitchen cabinets, 10 feet on the right side, a full height cabinet of about 4 feet on the left.

- WIW of 2 rows that occupy half of original MBR.

- Vanity top with build in sink (corian top - is this how you spell?) for WIW's wet area.

- 2 MTM wooden doors for my WIW and my kitchen.

- Feature wall for my 32" TV for MBR, 7 feet using veneer.

Based on your understanding, how much should all these cost? Comments are welcomed. I am also curious to know whether I got a good price or not.. :bangwall::yamseng:

Ya lor.. We also thought about it too.. But we did cut out 3 small carpentry items.. 8|

Hmm.. Special price ar? I really don't know leh.. I know carpentry is measured by the length etc.. I also never really go into details. My boy is the one negotiating the prices. Maybe you can advise me?

I got the following :

- Feature wall for 37" TV for living room. (able to turn 360 degrees)

- Platform for cosy corner, veneer(is this how you spell??) finishing.

- Kitchen cabinets, 10 feet on the right side, a full height cabinet of about 4 feet on the left.

- WIW of 2 rows that occupy half of original MBR.

- Vanity top with build in sink (corian top - is this how you spell?) for WIW's wet area.

- 2 MTM wooden doors for my WIW and my kitchen.

- Feature wall for my 32" TV for MBR, 7 feet using veneer.

Based on your understanding, how much should all these cost? Comments are welcomed. I am also curious to know whether I got a good price or not.. :dribble::notti:

i havent gone thru house reno yet so not in position to guess the cost :X

mayb Air and the others can give a rough feel...

i presume it since is ur boy's uncle, so thot he will not earn too much profit (my guess only!)

wow... the platform for cosy corner is something i'm tinking of doing too...

Wah seh this thread is moving so fast until i cannot keep up liao... 8|

:notti: I also thought you MIA... So long never see you 'appear' in this thread. Thought you desert me liao... :notti::notti:

i havent gone thru house reno yet so not in position to guess the cost :X

mayb Air and the others can give a rough feel...

i presume it since is ur boy's uncle, so thot he will not earn too much profit (my guess only!)

wow... the platform for cosy corner is something i'm tinking of doing too...

Ya lor.. I also think Air might know roughly how much all the carpentry will cost. Air!! Comments please!8|:dribble:

True also.. He is quite close to my boy.. But again, you will never know.. The good thing is, I need not go down and supervise the renovation.. Till date, there isn't much problems and the workmanship is fantastic. :good::good:

oic. yours is a resale flat right? just curious did u redo the flooring? how much will the entire renovation cost you? is he an id or contractor? 8|

also the type of laminate and the materials will affect the cost.

Yup. Mine is a resale flat. But I bought direct from HDB during the bi-monthly balloting exercise.. The original floor tiles is those plain white which we find it too boring.. Glossy never mind leh.. But it's those matt white.. Looks dull. So, we hacked up the whole house and re-do the flooring and kitchen and toilet tiles..

Till date, the whole renovation should be coming up to about 48k, inclusive of aircon, excludes furniture and appliances..

wow!! u spent a lot on reno!:dribble: but i'm sure ur house will be swee swee!! :notti:

hmm... i'm looking for ID/contractors oso...

wow!! u spent a lot on reno!:dribble: but i'm sure ur house will be swee swee!! 8|

hmm... i'm looking for ID/contractors oso...

Not exactly swee swee lar.. But I guess, my floor area is quite big.. That's why everything is more expensive.. The flooring alone cost us quite a bit liao. I got many hacking of walls and rebuilding of walls too.. All these added to the bill. My renovation actually quite basic stuffs. Intend to keep it simple..

But the bill hard to keep it low. Partially, we opted not to use compressed wood at all. Not for the kitchen, not for the WIW or any carpentry.. Guess the material also caused the higher bill overall.

We also had loads of lighting points.

Be it contractor or ID, I think, most important, you gonna feel comfortable with them 1st.. :notti:

Not exactly swee swee lar.. But I guess, my floor area is quite big.. That's why everything is more expensive.. The flooring alone cost us quite a bit liao. I got many hacking of walls and rebuilding of walls too.. All these added to the bill. My renovation actually quite basic stuffs. Intend to keep it simple..

But the bill hard to keep it low. Partially, we opted not to use compressed wood at all. Not for the kitchen, not for the WIW or any carpentry.. Guess the material also caused the higher bill overall.

We also had loads of lighting points.

Be it contractor or ID, I think, most important, you gonna feel comfortable with them 1st.. :dribble:

I also think your reno should be in the 40k range....cos yoru floor area quite big right? My friend did her resale EA, 146sqm, total reno cost also abt 40K+ liao.....

I also think your reno should be in the 40k range....cos yoru floor area quite big right? My friend did her resale EA, 146sqm, total reno cost also abt 40K+ liao.....

Ya lor..The bigger the area, the higher is the bill. :dribble: Mine is 148sqm.. About the same.. Even if we do the basic things like tiling, flooring, electrical works, carpentry etc, it will still come to 40K. My budget was about 40K.. Now approaching 50K liao, of course my heart is now stuck in my throat. Can hardly breathe now..

But hor, my boy and I thought it over liao.. Once we get passed this stage of renovation and the wedding in Feb next month, we will be able to 'breathe' freely again.. Just gonna tide over this period. :notti:8|

Think for my house warming, will just treat everyone mantou and tea. 8|8|

you guys all stay in big places.. lol.. my place 123m only.. kat.. just slowly add the stuff later lor.. i also did that... initially the house very bare.. now look more like a home.. lol

Ya lor..The bigger the area, the higher is the bill. :dribble: Mine is 148sqm.. About the same.. Even if we do the basic things like tiling, flooring, electrical works, carpentry etc, it will still come to 40K. My budget was about 40K.. Now approaching 50K liao, of course my heart is now stuck in my throat. Can hardly breathe now..

But hor, my boy and I thought it over liao.. Once we get passed this stage of renovation and the wedding in Feb next month, we will be able to 'breathe' freely again.. Just gonna tide over this period. :notti:8|

Think for my house warming, will just treat everyone mantou and tea. 8|8|

Haha...reno costs very hard to come down one....unless you are very willing to sacrifice certain items....but the costs will very highly to escalate....for our reno also....it just keeps adding and adding...in the end, have to clench our teeth and say ok costs too high liao...we don't this don't want that....tough decision...even tougher to say out the items you are willing to let go.....

Ya we also...once the banquet over, we will be able to breathe again....banquet date drawing near, now saving every last cent we can to tide us over.....

u not bad ah...still can afford to let them eat mantou and tea...i think if it's me, i will offer them eat air and drink tap water....hehehe....:notti:

you guys all stay in big places.. lol.. my place 123m only.. kat.. just slowly add the stuff later lor.. i also did that... initially the house very bare.. now look more like a home.. lol

ehh mine only 2sqm bigger than yours nia leh....:dribble:

Ya my suggestion is not to have so many build-ins....nowadays, furniture shops carry really cool looking stuff too...also, accessories can help a lot in making a house feel like a home....:notti:

But hor, my boy and I thought it over liao.. Once we get passed this stage of renovation and the wedding in Feb next month, we will be able to 'breathe' freely again.. Just gonna tide over this period. 8|8|

Think for my house warming, will just treat everyone mantou and tea. 8|:notti:

ya man.. jia you! everyone is going through the same phase.. :notti:

we also tightening our own wallet for the wedding. I feel like doing a small reno on my MBR - a built-in bedframe and false wall for recess area. but i know cannot do it, I believe will cost quite ex.

Nothing much to buy liao.. We got the important appliances covered months back.. Now just need to concentrate on how much carpentry we doing.. After that, I will be able to move in at the end of this month!8|:dribble::notti:

Haha...reno costs very hard to come down one....unless you are very willing to sacrifice certain items....but the costs will very highly to escalate....for our reno also....it just keeps adding and adding...in the end, have to clench our teeth and say ok costs too high liao...we don't this don't want that....tough decision...even tougher to say out the items you are willing to let go.....

Ya we also...once the banquet over, we will be able to breathe again....banquet date drawing near, now saving every last cent we can to tide us over.....

u not bad ah...still can afford to let them eat mantou and tea...i think if it's me, i will offer them eat air and drink tap water....hehehe....:notti:

Ya lor.. Super hard to come down.. Unless you forgo alot of things..

I also super scared that my wedding dinner will 'kui' like siao.. Keeping fingers crossed that we can break even lor. :notti:

It's so stressed to live in Singapore. 8|8|