Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sparey

Stove Placing Beside Fridge

Hi Mr Chong,

Understand that stove is not suitable to place directly opposite window. However, due to my small kitchen layout, I have no choice but to place it near the fridge which is just 1ft away in-between. Is it ok?

I have only 3 options to place it now:

1) Facing directly opposite full window

2) Beside fridge which is only 1ft away

3) Further away from fridge but face 1/2 window opposite

Really hope if you could advise on this. Thanks in advance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Mr Chong,

Understand that stove is not suitable to place directly opposite window. However, due to my small kitchen layout, I have no choice but to place it near the fridge which is just 1ft away in-between. Is it ok?

I have only 3 options to place it now:

1) Facing directly opposite full window

2) Beside fridge which is only 1ft away

3) Further away from fridge but face 1/2 window opposite

Really hope if you could advise on this. Thanks in advance!

Hello

As a matter of fact, your fridge paintwork may be damage due to the heat generated from the stove over a period of time. If you have no other choice, you should purchase an aluminium sheet place vertically beside the stove to shield the fridge. In terms of FS, I can't specifically comment as I don't know your kitchen layout and directions.

Technically speaking from BaZhai, you're quite right, however its not always the case.

Most people should pick on option 3. I still can't comment if you don't give me the info I need.

Hi, based on the floorplan below, where should the stove placement be? Thanks.

flatlayoutsz4.jpg

sparey, sorry to hijack your thread.

Hello

You need to indicate your birth date and direction of house.

Hello

You need to indicate your birth date and direction of house.

I mean in general looking at the floorpan where should the stove be place, if we do not take into consideration the birth date and direction of the house. Anyway the main door is in NE direction.

here's my floorplan. Fridge will be directly facing the toilet door. Planning to place stove just beside the fridge facing the toilet wall. Is it ok if I choose option 3 (facing 1/2 window opposite)?

kitchengn8.th.jpg

I mean in general looking at the floorpan where should the stove be place, if we do not take into consideration the birth date and direction of the house. Anyway the main door is in NE direction.

For a stove, I can't suggest things which are 'general'.

Given the direction, if you seldom cook, you may place it against the wall beside the pillar.

here's my floorplan. Fridge will be directly facing the toilet door. Planning to place stove just beside the fridge facing the toilet wall. Is it ok if I choose option 3 (facing 1/2 window opposite)?

kitchengn8.th.jpg

As I don't even have a direction, I can't tell you if its ok. As I said before, option 3 looks better than the rest.

You may improvise to get that part of the window covered (base on just the floorplan).

As I don't even have a direction, I can't tell you if its ok. As I said before, option 3 looks better than the rest.

You may improvise to get that part of the window covered (base on just the floorplan).

Thanks Mr Chong !!

hehe sparey u have the same question as mine (and same floor plan too :bangwall: )

Well, dont know whether can have a conrete wall built beside the fridge and then place aluminin sheets beside the concrete wall??

thats a good idea :sport-smiley-018:

I might ask my confirmed ID to construct a wall beside the fridge if really FSM say it is a MUST to have the stove there.

I might ask my confirmed ID to construct a wall beside the fridge if really FSM say it is a MUST to have the stove there.

But it will be very cramped and after constructing a wall will still need a distance away from the wall right?

But it will be very cramped and after constructing a wall will still need a distance away from the wall right?

Yeah I also think so, only half wall and the other half will be tamper glass right up to the ceiling.