Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
skywolf

Our Home Sweet Home...

Heh ya can do winkplay at toilet but I don't know if winkplay design can be placed at wet areas in the toilet ba.. I noticed a few dry areas where winkplay designs are done in the toilet actually. Somemore my MBR toilet not that big. Add in a shower screen, its very cramped le.

keke .. it's true .. can use some winkplay at your toilets .. but not sure if it can last ..

btw skywolf ... glad to see you today .. thanks for the cheese cake .. it's so nice ...

now me still thinking of it .. coz it kinda covered up the BBQ taste .. :wub:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Your black and white tiles are very nice!!!

We saw the same tiles but didnt choose them cause of the price if I recall.

The rain shower thing, last time when my FH was doing research, he said for low pressure (high floor in old blocks) need to get those without reservoir otherwise its not a rain shower its a trickle shower. Err sotong is got reservoir or no reservoir? Cause last time we only look the round round one.I only know fat one is got reservoir , thin thin one is no reservoir. Also must see if your water heater is tank or instant they say got effect on the rain shower

Edited by kajua

Hobbes,

I sotong again... it's the wall tiles that are done up... Floor haven't. :bangwall: Haiz. Paiseh for my sotong-ness. :bangwall:

8| say me only spend on winkplay le. But then cost wise, its very minimal compared to the cost of doing the toilets. :jawdrop:

:bleah: Had thought of doing it too, but not now bah. Spent too much $ these few days. Heartpain and can't keep up with purchases. :jawdrop:

keke .. it's true .. can use some winkplay at your toilets .. but not sure if it can last ..

btw skywolf ... glad to see you today .. thanks for the cheese cake .. it's so nice ...

now me still thinking of it .. coz it kinda covered up the BBQ taste .. :wub:

No problem. :) Erm, thank amara. :notti::notti:

Hehe.. ok I click on it.

I tried to trial an error leh.. seem like all in thumbnail version.. :help:

Maybe you want to use www.photobucket.com?

You can resize your photo to 640 x 480 and it will not turn out thumbnailed. Ha...

An image i hosted there and posted in hobbes187 blog. Just for your reference. :)

Okie... i try photobucket next time. I like big pics - too leh che to click n wait again. hee hee.

Your black and white tiles are very nice!!!

We saw the same tiles but didnt choose them cause of the price if I recall.

The rain shower thing, last time when my FH was doing research, he said for low pressure (high floor in old blocks) need to get those without reservoir otherwise its not a rain shower its a trickle shower. Err sotong is got reservoir or no reservoir? Cause last time we only look the round round one.I only know fat one is got reservoir , thin thin one is no reservoir. Also must see if your water heater is tank or instant they say got effect on the rain shower

Thanks, Kajua.

Reservoir? Err.... :unsure::unsure: I dunno lehz. Haha!! Guess got to spk to more ppl to get a better understanding. Haiz.

Tomorrow gonna view 3Ds wor. Hope everything swee swee... :dancingqueen:

Wah. So big. Will it slow down the loading of the pics? :P

Let me try ah...

sl271071ld6.jpg

Success!! :dancingqueen:

Edited by skywolf

Today went to view the 1st draft of the 3D drawings and finalised no. of light points, switches, painting colors, and choosing of laminates for bar-table, glass pelmet & MBR wardrobe. Chose the uPVC door for common toilet's door also. We were there for abt 3 hrs + and hungry me didnt have breakfast (thought shd be plainly seeing 3Ds). :dancingqueen:

After that, went to Royal Fanco and got the ceiling fans... got the quote from the lady @ Fanco and then popped over to Tai Yong. Uncle gave me the feeling tt he din know his stuff. Went err, erm, etc. Price was too expensive. For the same fan, we were quoted 140. With installation and lightkit think per fan was more than $200+. Too bad, we went back to Royal Fanco.

Forgot to take pic. :bleah: But they are in black and we top up for the 3 bulb light kit. With installation and changing to energy saving bulbs x 3 per fan ($5/bulb) = 115 (52") + 35 (lightkit) + 35 (installation) + 15 (3 bulbs @ $5 each, outside can get cheaper mah?) = $200 per fan. It's cheaper than Tai Yong coz we even changed the bulbs to energy saving ones.

Went to new hse to bio bio:

Kitchen and bathrm floor in progress.

*edited* Took out the pics coz it's too grainy and 'jian bu de ren'. :D

Didnt expect much to be done coz we didnt expect them to work y'day. So all in all, still quite all right. We told Steven so long as handover before Chinese 7th mth, we're ok. Seems like business for them is booming. :notti: Coz he said carpenters are tied down. :notti: I told him. nvm, at least we can stop BUY BUY BUY for now. :notti::notti:

Edited by skywolf

Hi SKY..I bough SuperCasa ceiling fan that cost me $420 cw installation and the regulator. I will post the pic of my ceiling fan tonight. Mine is 3 energy blub.

Today went to view the 1st draft of the 3D drawings and finalised no. of light points, switches, painting colors, and choosing of laminates for bar-table, glass pelmet & MBR wardrobe. Chose the uPVC door for common toilet's door also. We were there for abt 3 hrs + and hungry me didnt have breakfast (thought shd be plainly seeing 3Ds). :dancingqueen:

After that, went to Royal Fanco and got the ceiling fans... got the quote from the lady @ Fanco and then popped over to Tai Yong. Uncle gave me the feeling tt he din know his stuff. Went err, erm, etc. Price was too expensive. For the same fan, we were quoted 140. With installation and lightkit think per fan was more than $200+. Too bad, we went back to Royal Fanco.

Forgot to take pic. :bleah: But they are in black and we top up for the 3 bulb light kit. With installation and changing to energy saving bulbs x 3 per fan ($5/bulb) = 115 (52") + 35 (lightkit) + 35 (installation) + 15 (3 bulbs @ $5 each, outside can get cheaper mah?) = $200 per fan. It's cheaper than Tai Yong coz we even changed the bulbs to energy saving ones.

Went to new hse to bio bio:

Kitchen and bathrm floor in progress.

02052008080rc4.jpg

02052008080rc4.9de28dfed0.jpg

02052008081fr2.jpg

02052008081fr2.5c8c92ce2c.jpg

Didnt expect much to be done coz we didnt expect them to work y'day. So all in all, still quite all right. We told Steven so long as handover before Chinese 7th mth, we're ok. Seems like business for them is booming. :notti: Coz he said carpenters are tied down. :notti: I told him. nvm, at least we can stop BUY BUY BUY for now. :notti::notti:

Got. 2 ceiling fans. But forgot to take pics. And I cant find Fanco's website to get the pics. :(

By then was abt 5pm+ and weather was killing hubby (he gets irritated with hot weather). So balek kampong.

Tomorrow gg to settle more stuff. Dunno got time to go settle all bo. Could be too erm, ambitious. :bleah:

Today we went on a roadmarch. Roadmarch because it feels like we are going into a battle. A battle against time! :( That's what happened because earlier on, we didnt do much. Haha. 8| ourselves.

We started off to Ikea at 10+am. Hubby didnt want me to spend too much time coz he know i will drag him to see this and that. :angry: But then, it's so hard to get hard to get him to Ikea wor. He just dosen't feel the exciteness in shopping for home stuff. :bleah:

Showed him the bookshelves series and the Grundal (Grentel?) series. Since Gruntel didnt have the pull our 90cm wire basket thingy, we left after picking up the catalogues (and ID said these can be installed after cabinet is up - not so soon).

Next stop was Hau Hau Parquet where we placed a deposit for the parquet platforms. Because it was a Sat, and they balek kampong @ 1pm, so we were in a bit of a rush. And as ID do not just do the installation for us, we will most prob be getting the installer tt HauHau recommended. Hope everything is fine for this outsourcing part. :bow: Total amt w installation shd be abt $1.1k.

We then went to Hoe Kee @ Tg Katong Complex to bio the wire baskets. Theirs was quite expensive so we went by to Poh Joo to get theirs instead (dmg - $310 for 2x90cm, and 1 for the sauces thingy). But we saw a rainshower set @ Hoe Kee tt we liked. :bath: Now hoping friend who's in this line can get it to us @ cheaper price. :bleah:

Onwards to next stop to **** Doors @ Eunos Ave 5 (or road 5). Shop was recommended in forum and coicidentally FIL said get from them. So, we placed a deposit for the 4 bedrm doors - kindly sponsored by FIL. :sport-smiley-004: Total amt here - $941.60 after GST.

Go west ~ life is peaceful there *sings* :bleah: :bleah:

Next stop - GC @ IMM to get the system 4 invertor. With 1/2 inch armaflex, the refridgerent for the saving planet thingy, drainage pipe 16mm, cu gauge of 23, total came to $3949. Yeah, we topped up for the warranty @ 399, coz sales rep there said if anything wrong for invertor units, they change the whole pcb board, not just the chip that's spoilt. :jawdrop: Hubby said top-up then (initially we din feel the need to)...

Went to Asia Excel to lok see the hobs. I dunno which to choose but sales rep from there said normally ppl buy Rinnai/Fujioh/Herfale (?) coz of the asian cooking - fire big big kind. Was debating which to get still. I know it seems silly to buy based on it's looks, but i really dunno what to look out for. Guessed i need to read up more in RT on hobs. :(

Went to Thomson lightings @ 2nd floor. Uncle there quoted me double bulb downlight @ 31 and single @ 26. Even if buy more downlights, he lowered to price to 24 only. He laffed off the notion of e-ballast. :( But then, he was OMO and with quite a no. of customers, he couldnt stay there for us to ask for long. So nvm, we left for Chelsea lightings @ JE.

The last stop of the day, Chelsea lightings... Sadly, they also said e-ballast no gd, can last 9mths or so, and if gone, got to fix a new one. But then, since our fans will be with lightkits, we figured the downlights may be used more often when there's ppl visiting. :notti: So, we LL went for the normal downlights. Remembered someone said @ GreyCat's hse tt downlights spoilt also no pt replacing, coz hardly used anyway. :rofl: We bought:

22 single bulb downlights @ $18 each.

1 double bulb downlight for MBR wardrobe there @ $25.

3 milo tin lights (which is so cuteee to me...) @ $45 each

this 5 bulb thingy light for study rm (can be straightened in 1 line/zig zag pattern) @ $160

a 40W round black border light for kitchen @ $85

2 normal round lights for the other 2 bedrms @ 28 each. (did i mention the covers have maple leaves? :notti::notti: )

Nope, no pics. Coz I forgot to bring camera again. :~ But guess the lights shd be pretty standard bahz. Spent $850 in there.

With the sink purchase last week + 2 fanco fans (which i dun understand how come they close so early when i called @ 7+), we are left with the basins and taps and mixers. Hopefully, they can be settled by next week.

Off to do some account balancing !!

Edited by skywolf