Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
skywolf

Our Home Sweet Home...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Yo, Hobbes... Mine's a 2 person grp though i saw one person on Mon afternoon lehz. I think they may have started on late monday (we left @ 3+ and they are doing screeding still), and today went in @ abt 3+ also. But then, the MBR bathrm tiling had not started yet. Don't worry, yrs shd be up soon le. :yamseng:

Wall tiles @ kitchen are ID's sugg. He was saying tiles lay vertically and then cabinets laminates lines are horizontally. I think (if i recall correctly) my mbr bathrm tiles are horizontally. Ours are opp directions. :P Are you doing tiling for living rm also?

I'm doing tiling for all the floors (living, dining, bedrooms, toilets, kitchen, balcony and service balcony) and walls for kitchen and 2 toilet. Guess thats why they sent 4 guys to my place to do :D But the workmanship seems ok... I haven tested for hollow tiles but the alignment look fine to me...

You getting the kitchen baskets so early? Did u buy those to hang on the walls or in the cabinets itself? I also wanna change my room doors but no $$$ :(

Which fanco model did u get and how much? I wanted a Fanco 56" one but Royal Fanco says out of stock so have to wait for it to come in prob in june... Ended up ordering a Crestar 54" WindPac first.

wow, take my hat off you..1 day can go so many places...great satisfaction end of the day ya :notti: if my husband ah, think black face liao lor

you went YT and 4 doors for 900+ so each about $235? i guess you brought the solid veneer plywood? if buy from them they will do everything? is it that you ask YT to co-ordinate with your ID when to install and such huh? was thinking of doing the same leh..cos ID veneer each cost $350..if you were me hor, will you save $100 which need to do some co-ordination or simply just ask ID to do?? btw, i am buying 2 bedroom doors nia..if they have nice main door i will consider too..think amount not large la but gals nature is to save $ ma :P

I'm doing tiling for all the floors (living, dining, bedrooms, toilets, kitchen, balcony and service balcony) and walls for kitchen and 2 toilet. Guess thats why they sent 4 guys to my place to do :D But the workmanship seems ok... I haven tested for hollow tiles but the alignment look fine to me...

You getting the kitchen baskets so early? Did u buy those to hang on the walls or in the cabinets itself? I also wanna change my room doors but no $$$ :(

Which fanco model did u get and how much? I wanted a Fanco 56" one but Royal Fanco says out of stock so have to wait for it to come in prob in june... Ended up ordering a Crestar 54" WindPac first.

Ya leh, the kitchen baskets are those 90cm pull out ones which are below the cooker. Those that are going to be hung on the walls behind the sink we need not buy first coz Steven said that one can wait till cabinets are done. Then can agar the distance to put those up. Heng, save some $ first. Had not tallied the damage done y'day. :(

Fan model is FFM2000 (tio bo :dunno: ). Its @ 115 (fan) + 35 (3 bulbs) light kit + 15 (top up for energy saving bulbs). So each is $200. We got 2 of them @ 52".

wow, take my hat off you..1 day can go so many places...great satisfaction end of the day ya :notti: if my husband ah, think black face liao lor

you went YT and 4 doors for 900+ so each about $235? i guess you brought the solid veneer plywood? if buy from them they will do everything? is it that you ask YT to co-ordinate with your ID when to install and such huh? was thinking of doing the same leh..cos ID veneer each cost $350..if you were me hor, will you save $100 which need to do some co-ordination or simply just ask ID to do?? btw, i am buying 2 bedroom doors nia..if they have nice main door i will consider too..think amount not large la but gals nature is to save $ ma :P

I had already prep my hubby on the long journey that day in anticipated of the black face that normally came out for such long schedules. I told him, you also dowan to take leave and do all these right? And then you still want to play your online game on evenings right? :notti::notti:

Doors @ YT are $220 each w installation. But added the GST so its abt $235 each. Look for Kaiwen instead of the aunty whom another forummer said macham owe her $$$. :D Ask for the door stoppers too (i asked and she gave us foc, so dunno if normally need to pay or not). :notti:

Did the veneer door that your ID gave u is hollow kind or solid kind? YT is the solid kind wor. :unsure: Perhaps you can ask yr ID then decide? But if $100, perhaps you may let the ID earn a bit? Then along e way, see can ask him to top up a bit here and there? :) Or you can go YT and see their main doors? My main door and grille is done by ID, we didnt even bother to compare. Now I wonder why I didnt thought of that. But nvm lah, dun think too much. Haha!

Haiz, now thinking abt paint colors. We dowan white walls. White ceilings already :( coz ID said we are not doing plastering, so if paint blue or other color, when lights are switched on, can see the unevenness. Is this true? :dunno: Most probably doing a darker color for the bedrms bed area and the rest of the 3 walls in a lighter shade. But dunno abt living room. Ah~ dilemma... :(

if u wan to get ikea pull out baskets, muz take note of the measure n let ur ID do the cabinets according.. else if do cabinet liao wait dun fit waste $$.. dats a mistake i had during my reno.. my ID told me do cabinet first den buy, how to fit liddat !! 8|8| even ikea staff said shd give the ID measurement den build cabinets.

Edited by bluberi

Yes, it is tiring. Kinda a miracle because was still thinking lots of stuff like not settled yet. But just over 1 Sat, can settle so many things. :dancingqueen:

Bluberi - ID told me to get 1st so he can tell carpenter how to do. How come yr ID so cute one? Wire-baskets easier and cheaper to change compared to cabinets.

Doors @ YT are $220 each w installation. But added the GST so its abt $235 each. Look for Kaiwen instead of the aunty whom another forummer said macham owe her $$$. :D Ask for the door stoppers too (i asked and she gave us foc, so dunno if normally need to pay or not). :notti:

Did the veneer door that your ID gave u is hollow kind or solid kind? YT is the solid kind wor. :unsure: Perhaps you can ask yr ID then decide? But if $100, perhaps you may let the ID earn a bit? Then along e way, see can ask him to top up a bit here and there? :) Or you can go YT and see their main doors? My main door and grille is done by ID, we didnt even bother to compare. Now I wonder why I didnt thought of that. But nvm lah, dun think too much. Haha!

Haiz, now thinking abt paint colors. We dowan white walls. White ceilings already :( coz ID said we are not doing plastering, so if paint blue or other color, when lights are switched on, can see the unevenness. Is this true? :dunno: Most probably doing a darker color for the bedrms bed area and the rest of the 3 walls in a lighter shade. But dunno abt living room. Ah~ dilemma... :(

ahahah my husb no play game leh, couch potato wor, tell him cannot watch TV better..kekeke

ID that quote is solid type lor..hmm

door frame also got colour wan meh? is paint over or wat? i mean wat material?? can imagine black looked nice..i not not going for white wall either, it would be cream white ba..cannot have the house looked too dark leh..maybe you can have bold colours on TV feature / headboard feature there..

if the painter is doing good job, dun think you will see the unevenness ya?? if you do, i think you have to tell ID to settle as this is their job, they have to paint 1 more coat lor.. (this was told to me by 1 of the other IDs)... :P

But hor, if it's unevenness of the ceiling, also can 'blame' ID's painters ah? A bit unfair lehz. :P

Yah. I was surprised when ID say doorframe. He said it's metal. I think most prob gg for black. Dun crack head thinking what shade of brown. ;)

Yes, it is tiring. Kinda a miracle because was still thinking lots of stuff like not settled yet. But just over 1 Sat, can settle so many things. :dancingqueen:

Bluberi - ID told me to get 1st so he can tell carpenter how to do. How come yr ID so cute one? Wire-baskets easier and cheaper to change compared to cabinets.

skywolf, he was over-confident dat ikea pull out drawers can fit into his cabinets even without the measurement 8| 8| beri ya ya one lor.. nw he start his own co. liao.

But hor, if it's unevenness of the ceiling, also can 'blame' ID's painters ah? A bit unfair lehz. :P

Yah. I was surprised when ID say doorframe. He said it's metal. I think most prob gg for black. Dun crack head thinking what shade of brown. ;)

hmm if this is the case then cannot blame the contactor la, but bold colours are like this wan rite? plastering can do the trick or not huh?

oh then i think mine will be same like yours, maybe not black colour bah but dark brown..heheh :notti:

Wah skywolf, you power le... one day can do so many things. Sad to tell you I cannot join in the fun so soon... My 2nd appt had been delay because the owner wanted extension of 2 more weeks. Hiaz... Instead of getting keys on the 13 June, will be getting on the 27 June only... Think can only start work in 1 July.

Hubby was telling me maybe we go "shopping" for the material first and furniture in July... Sad. Dunno by then I "fit" enough to go so many places or not.

Btw, where to get good kitchen cabinet ideas?